Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:37 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:37 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:33 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Warnings: 0
Good evening all and welcome back to Aaron's DoND! It's been a while since we've aired a pre-recorded game here, but earlier this week, KP, Archie and I had a chance to host each other's games. We hosted one each to the player who's series that actually that is, with the third writing up a recap of that game for the forum!

The first game saw Archie hosting and Aaron's DoND game for yours truly, and KP will now take you through that game!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]
International Forums Moderator

Welcome to Freaky Friday! The host and Banker went body-swapping, as each of the "Three Musketeers" of KP, Archie, and Aaron swapped their weapons ready to play their own game with one of the other two running the show.

Game 1 of the Halloween Series sees AARON playing his own game with ARCHIE as the host/Banker!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

The opening twist draw set Aaron up with one of the weakest of the 216 possible outcomes:

CLASSIC x PREDICTION PLAY II x REPLAY

That left him with the standard 22-box board:

1p
    10p
    50p
    £1
    £5
    £10
    £50
    £100
    £250
    £500
    £750

£1,000
    £3,000
    £5,000
    £10,000
    £15,000
    £20,000
    £35,000
    £50,000
    £75,000
    £100,000
    £250,000

He was armed with the ability to enhance Box 23 with three prediction opportunities, and also the chance of either rebuying that 23 or undoing a bad round, depending on how he wanted to deploy his Replay!

Box 2 was on the table.

Box 5 - £750. Even that blue is a good start!
Box 8 - £100,000! "Gone."
Box 12 - £20,000... Aaron insists it's fine. "As long as the next two are lower than that, you'll be A-OK," Archie says.
Box 17 - £500 certainly was!
Box 19 - £5,000. Aaron is fine with that, he's not replaying.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Not a great opening round, but not ruinous either.

1p
    10p
    50p
    £1
    £5
    £10
    £50
    £100
    £250

£1,000
    £3,000
    £10,000
    £15,000
    £35,000
    £50,000
    £75,000
    £250,000

He's not predicting at the first offer unless Archie gives a hint. None comes.

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,200

"Not the worst offer," Aaron says. But the Replay helps. NO DEAL.

Last edited by KP on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Aaron entered round 2 still yet to find a low blue.

Box 6 - 10p! He wasn't kept waiting!
Box 13 - £1! Unlucky for some... not Aaron.
Box 21 - 1p! "That's your Freaky Friday penny box," and a freaky-good £1.11 round!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Now that's what I call momentum!

50p
    £5
    £10
    £50
    £100
    £250

£1,000
    £3,000
    £10,000
    £15,000
    £35,000
    £50,000
    £75,000
    £250,000

"The Banker's just coming up with a bigger offer," and apparently it's "apt for the time of year."

He was thinking £13,500 but now wonders if it's £16,666. Archie reminds Aaron the prediction can be saved. It isn't being saved.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£15,850

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,013

The initial guess would've been great, this one gives zero bonus! Archie wondered what the significance of £15,850 was, and Aaron pointed out it was to cover a £17,500 ceiling. NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

After losing some game momentum with the whiff prediction, Aaron entered round 3 needing to keep the board pressure up.

Box 7 - £35,000! First hit in a while.
Box 14 - £100. "Three grand down" is Aaron's target here.
Box 16 - £50,000! Two Power 5 hits in a round. Archie asks about the Replay but thinks Aaron will keep it in his back pocket, and Aaron agrees he "has to" do so...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

...leaving him a dangerous two-box game.

50p
    £5
    £10
    £50
    £250

£1,000
    £3,000
    £10,000
    £15,000
    £75,000
    £250,000

The Banker says his offer is inspired by the "musings" around the last one! Aaron is unsure... "is it too much to think" it could be £15,850?

He's not predicting, but anticipated £14,500.

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,666

Great call. Quality bluff from the Banker, escaped. NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Aaron is locked in on the top two as he enters round 4.

Box 4 - £250,000! Well that sets up the replay.
Box 10 - £3,000...
Box 22 - £75,000! REPLAY deployed instantly, obviously.

The entire 11-box board, Aaron's own box included, get shuffled.

Box 4 - £250,000! Again!
Box 10 - £50, so that confirms there was a shuffle...
Box 22 - £3,000.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

50p
    £5
    £10
    £250

£1,000
    £10,000
    £15,000
    £75,000

Still £75,000 to play for. Archie points out the 4/4 split, and with three of those in five figures... how low can the Banker go?

Aaron is nervous because £8,666 was a lowball, he's nervous about the reaction to the damaging round... he doesn't want to have to predict the last two offers, but he has no read on this offer, so isn't predicting it.

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,500

He was thinking £4,500, which would have been good for just a handful of points. He sees the potential in this board, and is ready to play for it. NO DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Is it a one-box game?

Box 3 - £15,000! Might be now. Top backup gone. Archie notes the pregame draw wasn't in Aaron's favour compared to the available power combinations.
Box 20 - 50p! £5 minimum.
Box 1 - £5! It WAS number 1 for success!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Fascinating 5-box.

£10
    £250

£1,000
    £10,000
    £75,000

And a fascinating offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S TRADE

Look inside Box 2, get 4- and 3-box offers. Now he doesn't have two consecutive compulsory predictions if that's accepted, and for that reason it is! DEAL!

Banker has seen red, apparently. "And he also wants your blood. He's got the red mist, he's seen red, he wants your blood... so what's the offer?"

He doesn't have to call this one, but does...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£9,900

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

He whiffed on prediction 1... he needs points...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,500

POINTS! "And what do points make?" "Upgrades!" 157 points sets up a choice of these upgrades...

200% -> 278.5%
+£20,000 -> +£35,700
100% -> 147.1%
50% -> 81.4%
10% -> 25.7%

"Just to bring a bit of stability to the game, I've got to put this on the +£20,000." Power 5 bailout possibility even if it goes wrong now!

After a break, it's a NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

"One box to open, that is all." If that one box is £75,000, the 20% moonshot on 23 is the only path to anything big.

Box 9 - £250! ONE blue at 4-box... in LIVE PLAY... and with a prediction!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

The tension is palpable at this point.

£10
    £1,000
    £10,000
    £75,000

Prediction available, but can be saved. Aaron doesn't want to save it. "Feels like the right thing to do."

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£13,013

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,013

CALLED IT! "Suddenly a game that was in the duldrums is now flying high. You have 200 points!"

200% -> 300%
100% -> 160%
50% -> 90%
10% -> 30%

He's going to go for the tripler! It means his money menu looks like this:

300%
    +£35,700

100%
    50%
    10%

"There's a horrible conflict now... there's just one box to survive, but I've made... three really good decisions on the trot (prediction, ND, prediction) that have taken me from £5,500 to 13 (thousand)..." but he's going on! NO DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

"Six, seven, eight boxes ago... this game was nearly over. And look where we are... this is exactly what Deal is all about."

Box 15 -
£10,000! "Ooooh!" "Wrong 10, but the £75,000 is still there!"

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

Blue, orange, big red. And a Banker who claims to have seen red. This being Archie, how much of an indicator is that?

£10
    £1,000
    £75,000

"Third time's a charm."

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,013

Archie is talking up his own Banker's ability with that offer. "That's a shame," says Aaron, who may have been anticipating the nudge up and the Deal. "What kind of storyline is he writing himself here?" "This is all unscripted drama, my love." "Is this where the Banker plays the Pied Piper of Hamelin, luring to the pit of £10-ness?" Or something like that.

Archie notes there's still a 2/3 chance there's a red in Box 2, at least as far as is known to not-him. "Do you let him get in your head, or do you play the board?" The latter, says Aaron, who confirms he didn't turn down the £13,013 at 4-box to take a stick in this situation if it came. Therefore, NO DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [165 - Halloween Series]

"There's literally one person on the forum willing you on." Archie is in his element tonight. "What a moment on Game 1 of this three-game mini-series!"

Box 18 -
£1,000! £10 plays £75,000 at the finish WITH A KNOWING BANKER!

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]