Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:07 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 8:07 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

conrad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:06 am    Author: conrad    Post subject: this could be interesting

Warnings: 0
The story of the Crucifixion is being re-enacted in Manchester on Good Friday to the accompaniment of music from the likes of Oasis and New Order.
Manchester Passion is a contemporary retelling of the last hours of Jesus's life through the city's musical output.

Actors will carry an eight-metre luminous cross through the streets to Albert Square, where the passion play will be performed.

The BBC Three event aims to attract "people that never go to church".

Crowds will be encouraged to join in with songs such as New Order's Blue Monday, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, by The Smiths, and the Oasis anthem Wonderwall.

The play features Jesus singing Love Will Tear Us Apart

Primal Scream vocalist Denise Johnson plays the Virgin Mary and Tim Booth, lead singer of James, plays Judas.

Darren Morfitt, star of Dog Soldiers, plays Jesus, and Nicholas Bailey, who was Dr Antony Trueman in EastEnders, is Peter.

Among the highlights are Jesus singing Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart at the Last Supper and the Virgin Mary performing M People's Search For The Hero.

The event will be presented by actor Keith Allen, who has starred in numerous films and programmes, including Bodies and 24 Hour Party People.

The actors will perform live, accompanied by a 16-piece string orchestra and busking disciples who play guitar, cello and accordion.

The evening production has been developed by the TV classical music department behind BBC Three's Flashmob: The Opera.

Manchester Passion is live on BBC Three from 2100 BST on Good Friday and repeated on BBC Two at 2300 BST

conrad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:08 am    Author: conrad    Post subject:

did anyone watch it last night, it did have a couple of dodgy moments, but all in all a very good idea, what are your thoughts.

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:22 pm    Author: Andy    Post subject:

I watched some of it, it was really bad IMO.

By the time Pontius Pilate and Jesus were duetting on Wonderwall I just thought that 'it couldn't be serious, surely?'

I hate it here , you all smell like a tramps trousers !!!

conrad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:22 am    Author: conrad    Post subject:

Andy wrote:
I watched some of it, it was really bad IMO.

By the time Pontius Pilate and Jesus were duetting on Wonderwall I just thought that 'it couldn't be serious, surely?'

admittedly that was one of the dodgy bits i was thinking about, but in my own opinion, it made a change for something religous at least attempting to put over its message in a different way,, opposed to the tyranical rant. or happy clappy tamborene way.. at least they tried, and somethings worked.. i enjoyed the joy division , and smiths songs..

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]