Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:34 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 3:34 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Perfect Strangers - new gameshow on BBC 2
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm not sure how long this gameshow has been going for, I think it's relatively new - presented by Adrian Chiles on BBC 2 at 3:15pm - 3:45pm on weekdays.

I've also only seen a bit of an episode so far - so I'm not fully sure of the rules - but it looks quite interesting...

From what I can work out, 2 people who haven't ever met have to work as a team and answer quiz-type questions and they build their money up to a certain level. Then one of the players decides how much money to gamble on the next question, and the other player answers the question, then they swap roles.

I haven't explained that very well :oops: and I tried to find a website for the show, but there doesn't seem to be one. :? Nevertheless, it looks like quite a good show...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Just started yesterday, and yes, seems reasonable enough. And I think we can say the prize war is on - £24,000 top prize on a BBC daytime show!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:57 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Adrian Chiles is a legend so I'm sure the show will be awesome. They should get him to replace Noel if he ever leaves DOND.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:44 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

This show is annoying me. They're getting EASY questions and betting *beep* all on them. And they don't know who Mr Rochester is.

Ooh but hang on, she trebled it. The short-haired girl is better than the ginger one. I'd be pissed off if I were the short-haired one.

But yeah, I think this show could be quite good, if less annoying people got to the final. They just need to speed it up a bit at the end...they place the bet, then deliberate over the question, then Adrian recaps what the bet was, then recaps the deliberation, then reveals the answer. Just get on with it.

tr4962

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:59 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

they offer quite a lot of money for a BBC daytime gameshow

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:21 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

tr4962 wrote:
And so they should given that our license fee is about to go up, but there again do we want our money spent like that?!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Rico: that argument is why there was a big fuss about primetime Weakest Link offering *shock horror* FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS. When anyone who understood the format knew that would translate to £15k per episode at most!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've found a web page for it here, which explains it better to those who haven't seen it:

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.p ... _Strangers

Personally, I think it works very well, and Adrian Chiles makes a great presenter...

The different rounds are interesting, and the questions, like Dan said, may be easy, but it's interesting seeing how much the other stranger will gamble on whether or not the other stranger will know the answer... so a bit like DOND, there's a psychological twist to it too - in as much as the player has to be sure how much they know the other stranger.

Maud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:44 am    Author: Maud    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
tr4962 wrote:
And so they should given that our license fee is about to go up, but there again do we want our money spent like that?!

No i want my money spent on prime time tv shows and would rather they used to money to put decent shows on over Xmas.

Hi, I'm Johnny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:15 pm    Author: Hi, I'm Johnny    Post subject:

IT IS ON NOW.

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]