Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:38 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

little_monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:00 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject: Racism on CBB?

Warnings: 0
What do you think of all this?

I think it's slightly racist what some of the housemates are doing to Shilpa but completely blown out of proportion. A couple of snide comments like "Go spend a day in the slums" and "I think she should **** off home" doesn't need protests in other countries.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I think Jodie Marsh got a lot worse last year, but this didnt cause an upset!

It aint racism but it is bullying!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject: Re: Racism on CBB?

little_monster wrote:
What do you think of all this?

I think it's slightly racist what some of the housemates are doing to Shilpa but completely blown out of proportion. A couple of snide comments like "Go spend a day in the slums" and "I think she should **** off home" doesn't need protests in other countries.

I don't think racism should be tolerated on any level, as its the first step to full blown hatred. So I think such comments should be taken very seriously.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=120

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

I think the show, contestants and the channel are a disgrace. They should take it off the air! Why this has been allowed to get this out of hand I don't know. Its an embarrassment to this country

Kay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:24 pm    Author: Kay    Post subject:

JimmyB wrote:
I think the show, contestants and the channel are a disgrace. They should take it off the air! Why this has been allowed to get this out of hand I don't know. Its an embarrassment to this country

Here here!!

Watching those girls for just a few minutes, I couldn't stand how low they got, making snide remarks and then pretending it is ok and the amount of swearing... they aren't even celebrities and I really do hope they are no ones role models.

Whether it is racism or not, it is still disgusting.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

The arguement that took place between Jade and Shilpa was very disturbing, It WAS NOT pleasent to watch (well for me)

If it is being racist or not, I do not know but they are picking on Shilpa alot at the moment, so if it continues, I will have a much clearer Idea whether it is or not (and if any other offensive comments are said to her or behind her back.)

I will be watching closely tonight.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Of course its racism, Shilpa has been ostracized and bullied. It's 100% unacceptable.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:06 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hmm, I think it depends on what you class as racism. I don't think they dislike her because of her race - they dislike her anyway, and use her race as the basis to form insults because they're too *beep* stupid to think of anything better to say. It's dreadful, yes, but I'm not sure whether I'd class it as racism.

Anyway, racism or not, "Your claim to fame is THIS" has to be the best line ever.

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:56 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

Racism is definetly in the BB house.

Jade and gang may not realise they are doing it but they are calling her things like Shilpa popodom and saying she should go back home (something that used to be said to all the asian girls in my school, meant in a very racist way).

They are ignorant to her culture so are making fun of it, that to me is racism.

Agreed with daniel for this line being best ever - "Your claim to fame is THIS"[/quote]

Maltus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:13 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

One good thing should come out of this - Jade's career will be over. What an awful role model she is.

It really is disgusting that the stuff she's come out with on this show has been allowed. I hope she realises the magnitude of her actions when she leaves the house tomorrow, in disgrace.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:28 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
One good thing should come out of this - Jade's career will be over. What an awful role model she is.

It really is disgusting that the stuff she's come out with on this show has been allowed. I hope she realises the magnitude of her actions when she leaves the house tomorrow, in disgrace.

With the media's role today (especially The Sun), Jade will probably get the most votes to be evicted in the history of CBB.

Will

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:34 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

I'm with Daniel on this one..

The victimisation of Shilpa is appalling, however I don't think the other housemates are doing it because of her race. They're doing it because of their ignorance of other cultures and because they're too daft to think of anything clever to say.

Not that I'm saying that 'ignorance' is an excuse for their behaviour.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:55 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Maud wrote:
Agreed with daniel for this line being best ever - "Your claim to fame is THIS"

Hahah, and Jade didn't get it...she thought Shilpa was referring to that specific argument. :roll:

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:05 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
With the media's role today (especially The Sun), Jade will probably get the most votes to be evicted in the history of CBB.

Yes, you'd never guess who The Sun want out with an image like this :roll:

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

cocky bill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:30 pm    Author: cocky bill    Post subject:

The three beens. 1 has been, 1 never been and 1 disgraced been.
Your choice!

Will

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:54 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

Again I don't want it to sound like I'm defending the people involved but newspaper headlines like the one Tom's posted get people more enraged...

If the press and media hadn't overhyped the situation I don't think there'd have been anywhere near 30,000+ complaints.

Cherry Blossom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:13 pm    Author: Cherry Blossom    Post subject:

:smt006

Last edited by Cherry Blossom on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

First off let me tell you I am not racist, never have been never will be. Everyone is equal IMO.

BUT someone made a good point on BBBM during the mouthpiece. Jermaine called Jade and Danelle 'White trash'. Is that not racism huh? Racsim today is AGAINST the white man. Everyone should just be treated equally.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:52 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

#1 Box 4 fan wrote:
First off let me tell you I am not racist, never have been never will be. Everyone is equal IMO.

BUT someone made a good point on BBBM during the mouthpiece. Jermaine called Jade and Danelle 'White trash'. Is that not racism huh? Racsim today is AGAINST the white man. Everyone should just be treated equally.

I agree!

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]