Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:05 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject: Unanimous - C4 last night - what did everyone think?

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
Warnings: 0
Did anyone catch the new quiz show thing on C4 last night, a bit like BB I suppose, when nine people are locked away in an underground bunker until they can all agree on who to give the £1million prize money to.

I was half-expecting to see a former DonD contestant on there!

I did think that bit about the "deep dark secrets" in the envelopes was a bit harsh, especially when it is made quite clear to the viewer which of the three secrets belonged to who!

Has anyone any thoughts on who might win, and how much they will actually take home, as they are supposed to be counting down the money by £1 a second for as long as they fail to reach an agreement. I must admit I actually quite enjoyed it. My money is probably on that Pip guy, the nurse.

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:11 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Pip probably won't get it now that everyone knows he's a popular contender, because he got the most votes in the first voting round! To be honest, I found this to be a bit long and drawn out... after each break, they repeated bits that had been played just before the break! And I thought they got a new set of contestants each week? It would appear not to be the case.. :?

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:14 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Im watching it now :P

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:23 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Pip probably won't get it now that everyone knows he's a popular contender, because he got the most votes in the first voting round! To be honest, I found this to be a bit long and drawn out... after each break, they repeated bits that had been played just before the break! And I thought they got a new set of contestants each week? It would appear not to be the case.. :?

I didn't get all that recap bit after the break either. It was like watching some old episode of "Doctor Who"! And I'm glad it wasn't just me who was under the impression that they had a new set of contestants each week, but then I guess C4 could hardly afford to pay out eight lots of £1million!! :-D Somehow though I don't think that the final payout will be anywhere near that figure. If we are taking bets, I actually think it will be less than the £250K you could get on DonD - probably a lot less than that even!

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:27 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Somebody we'll definetly leave

Yeah I reckon it will be around the £100,000 mark

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:31 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

OOOOOOH

This is the American version
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unan1mous

It took 8 weeks and the final prize money was $382,193

(After Gameweek 22)

Will

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:36 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

I watched it and I have to admit I was disappointed.

It took ages to get going and once it did it was a bit stupid with the 'secrets in the envelopes'. I've never done anything as bad as those 'secrets', wonder if that was part of the selection process, they do seem to have picked some very strange people.

I'm hoping things will get better next week when the cash starts to fall by £1 a second. That might make things interesting.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

I was really excited about this show... but I'm disappointed so far.

Firstly, the "music" sucks, and they play it almost all the time, which really gets to me after the first 10-15 minutes.

Secondly, I hate the fact that it's prerecorded. Should've been a live Big Brother-style show.

Thirdly, the "Fallout" program is rubbish. Olivia Lee is a moron and Paddy McGuinness, ok fine he's ok. But yea, lame.

Fourthly, by the time they've managed to drag this out, the prize fund won't be anywhere near £1,000,000, more like £100,000.

Also, what if, on the final episode, they don't all vote unanimously? Nobody wins any money?

Oh, and it shouldn't be called Unanimous, because technically you only need 8/9 votes ('cause you can't vote for yourself). It should be called "almost Unanimous" >_>

Methinks the final two will be the guy who looks like Sawyer (The athlete guy... Alex? Or Andy... I can't remember) and Pip... then again, Pip's secret in the envelope was "Pretended to have cancer to win back a partner"... if that'd been opened, he'd be gone in an instant.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:42 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Oh darn it! I was meant to watch this last night but totally forgot! :twisted:

Ian W

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

I thought is was crap I hated it a really average programme from channel 4 :(

Tugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:54 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject: Re: Unanimous - C4 last night - what did everyone think?

Mental Mickey wrote:
Did anyone catch the new quiz show thing on C4 last night, a bit like BB I suppose, when nine people are locked away in an underground bunker until they can all agree on who to give the £1million prize money to.

I was half-expecting to see a former DonD contestant on there!

I did think that bit about the "deep dark secrets" in the envelopes was a bit harsh, especially when it is made quite clear to the viewer which of the three secrets belonged to who!

Has anyone any thoughts on who might win, and how much they will actually take home, as they are supposed to be counting down the money by £1 a second for as long as they fail to reach an agreement. I must admit I actually quite enjoyed it. My money is probably on that Pip guy, the nurse.

I missed it! :(

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:

Methinks the final two will be the guy who looks like Sawyer (The athlete guy... Alex? Or Andy... I can't remember) and Pip... then again, Pip's secret in the envelope was "Pretended to have cancer to win back a partner"... if that'd been opened, he'd be gone in an instant.

Where did you read that one? :? I didn't watch the E4 follow-up show, did I miss anything? They didn't reveal all the secrets did they?

If true, then yes, he would have been 'gone in an instant' as you put it.

I'm not sure which of the three revealed 'secrets' I'd have voted for - probably the changing the name to avoid a debt thing. I didn't like Kamran at all. He reminds me of an uncle of mine - a wide boy or "Del-Boy" character who could sell sunglasses to eskimos - the second hand car salesman from hell. All that guff about giving the money to charity just came across as completely false and trying to get the popular vote by telling people what they want to hear rather than the truth.

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Mental Mickey wrote:
Where did you read that one? :? I didn't watch the E4 follow-up show, did I miss anything? They didn't reveal all the secrets did they?
truth.

It was on the "Fallout" E4 show. They put a break-time text in poll (to get more money, of course) and revealed three secrets without saying whose they were, and asked "Which one is the worst?". The cancer one was voted the worst and they revealed it was Pip's.

Also, ya, I dislike Kamran.

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]