Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:15 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

Oneboxgame

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:01 pm    Author: Oneboxgame    Post subject: Countdown

Warnings: 0
Anyone else here a fan of Countdown?

For me, without Countdown, I wouldn't have even discovered Deal or No Deal. I would watch Countdown when it was on on Channel 4, then sometimes just stick around to watch a bit of Deal or No Deal, and it basically escalated to me becoming a fan of the show!

I think Countdown has been very good since Des took over. Of course, it was a massive role to try and fill, especially considering Richard had been the figurehead of the program for so long. At first I wasn't sure over his appointment. Now, however, I think it was an excellent choice - he's revealed a very pleasant side of his character, and now that's he settled in has great rapport with Carol and just seems good all round. Also, although the way in which it had to come about was terrible, I think he's brought a freshness to the show. It's certainly came a long way from the doubt over its future which surrounded it last summer.

As for the contestants, there have been some amazing ones this series. Paul vs Matt should be a brilliant game if they eventually meet one another. I've not seen Conor yet, though I've heard he's brilliant...he must be pretty good if he can remain the top seed above Paul and Matt!

Yep, so...anyone else like it?

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:57 pm    Author: Andy    Post subject:

I've heard that Des now wants to quit presenting the show as C4 want to go to 7 episodes a week and this is far too much for poor old Des.

I hate it here , you all smell like a tramps trousers !!!

No Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

I'm not a huge fan of Countdown, but if I'm in I'll put it on whilst I'm waiting for DoND to start. I'm terrible with the maths side of it, but I don't do too badly with the letters.

I think Des is ok, and quite good to watch and I like Carol too.

:D

Crispy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Author: Crispy    Post subject:

I am a Countdown fan - and I was a contestant on it once. I appeared in February 2004 and unfortunately nerves meant that I lost my first game. Still, it was a great experience and dang good fun!

The situation with Des hosting the show is Chinese whispers, frankly - it's 6 shows a week, not 7, and the tabloids have taken the angle that it's because Des can't be bothered - I think it's more likely that it went to Saturday for a pilot scheme and it hasn't rated as predicted. I don't see the axe looming quite yet.

To chat to - and play games against - other Countdown fans log on to:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/c4countdown/

The Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:47 pm    Author: The Warlord    Post subject:

Countdown should have been buried with Whiteley.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:38 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

The Warlord wrote:

While Richard Whiteley was a very big part of what made Countdown so popular, it still remains a great format and a unique show.

It still has a dedicated following, even if not as big as it once was (and I believe a crap time slot is partly to blame for the lower ratings - come on C4, Countdown 4.30 and DoND 5.15 - you know it makes sense!) and the overwhelming opinion among the viewers and those involved in the show was that it should continue. And I can see it outlasting Des, Carol and just about everyone else currently associated with the show as well.

mintypython

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:26 pm    Author: mintypython    Post subject:

Indeed, I too am a fan of Countdown, currently #7 seed. I appeared in November 2005, starting in Des's 10th show, and I won 6 games. He's mellowed quite a bit from when he started.

I think the timeslot should change, and most of the production crew think a later timeslot would be better too.

I'm jumping on Power5's Countdown 4:30, DoND 5:15 bandwagon!! Start a petition!!!

Dan Peake

johindes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:43 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

Carol Vordaman's dress sense and laugh riles me big time.

conrad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:59 am    Author: conrad    Post subject:

The Warlord wrote:

agreed des lynam is pants as a presenter...

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:57 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

I dont like Des hosting it, he is very boring and to me he seems outta place.

Ian W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:04 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Des is good but Carol is really annoying

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

walsh wrote:
Des is good but Carol is really annoying

Agreed

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]