Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:13 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:58 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Warnings: 0
Skyline wrote:
SatAM just took itself too seriously and it's full of characters I couldn't really give a toss about, like that French guy, the robot rabbit... and not enough Tails! :evil:

Sally Acorn is awesome! She makes a much better partner for Sonic than that annoying pink thing with the hammer.

Then there was NICOLE who, back in those days was just Sally's handheld computer, but in the comics, she later developed thoughts and feelings and became a holographic lynx

And of course Sally and NICOLE were both voiced by Kath Soucie, who of course was also famous for voicing....Well, that's old news now ;-)

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

Sally Acorn is meh.

Who the hell is NICOLE?

Once again, not a big fan of SatAM. I much preferred AoStH.

Also... why won't these ponies just go away? I thought everyone would have gotten over the cartoon by now. I see those hideous creatures EVERYWHERE! :roll:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Q: How come so many threads on this forum degenerate into nonsense?

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:35 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

This thread was nonsense from the start.

What's your point?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Just wondering, is all. I'm a practicing journalist, so blame my inquisitive nature.

I think we can argue that a lot of things around here are pointless, random, bizarre, etc.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:45 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I don't think MLP is god-awful terrible or anything, but i just don't get how it got so popular out of nowhere having been around for many years, and up until 2010-ish, it was only ever appealing to it's 'target audience' of young girls, and just in the last few years, t's suddenly got this massive male following (And not just 8-12 year-old males, but males as old as 35!)

Though i do feel pretty bad for this poor kid and his family http://mashable.com/2014/02/05/suicide-my-little-pony/ :( :cry:

Oh, and Skyline, i thought you said you like MLP now! :shock: :P :-D

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

So sad to hear about the 11-year-old kid who tried to end his life :( Nice to see people reaching out.

The bullying must've been really bad. I mean, we used the word 'gay' as an insult around that age... people need to stop using that word as an insult and people should realise that there's nothing wrong with being gay. Words can be harmful though.

I have watched a couple of episodes. It's not terrible. It's not something I would watch. The animation and character design isn't particularly good, and it's too garish for my taste. But... mysteries of life. Why is Kim K still famous? :smt102

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

Yes...yes. Harrowing. I've reached that point myself, at times during my life, and it's like there's no way back. Or out. Or anywhere. Nothing matters but everything is such a weight on you that you can't bear it. I wouldn't wish it on anybody to be in that position, for whatever reason. :(

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:46 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Well, i think the M* L***le P**y craze has finally passed because of 'Frozen' being the current children's cartoon fad, and we're stuck with a pretty little snow queen singing an annoying pop song for probably at least another year or so :roll:

Has the Brony movement finally decided to...err....Let it go? :| :eyes:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:39 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I ended up watching a few episodes of MLP recently, and I somewhat like the show, especially the Equestria Girls specials. :oops:

What I'm VERY ashamed to admit, though, is that recently I've become an avid fan of a show very similarly themed to MLP called Miraculous Ladybug. :oops: :oops: ;) It airs in Disney Channel in the UK I think, though I follow the show online as the US put the show in a graveyard slot on Nickelodeon. :smt011

I'm addicted to it so much because every facet of it appeals to me:

The Villians- I quickly grow tired of shows where it's just the same hero/spy/whatever battling the same villian every episode (yes, this includes the ever popular Danger Mouse, though the modern remake somewhat fixed that problem). The twist of this show is that while the main villian, Hawk Moth, is present in every episode and can't be caught Dr. Claw style, he has the power to make his own supervillians out of downtrodden every day people, meaning there's a new super-villian in every episode and we get to see a character development of whoever was evilized.

The Action- I like shows with a good amount of action (i.e. NOT Teen Titans Go :smt011 ) interjected amongst the comedy, without the action scenes dominating the program and/or becoming too violent. This show does a great job of that, as Ladybug and Cat Noir always have to deal with a new villian, knowing that they really are a normal person who was victimized by Hawk Moth and his akumas.

Character Development- I already touched on it before, but this show does an amazing job with developing it's characters, especially the main ones, Marinette/Ladybug and Adrien/Cat Noir. The wide variety of backgrounds and personalities means nearly everyone can relate to at least one character, too.

Love Square- This show takes the typical love triangle and adds a whole new dimension to it. As neither of the main characters know each other's secret identities and the personalities of both of them as superheros are quite different from their civilian selves, it's cute and funny to see how Cat Noir flirts with Ladybug but she doesn't return his feelings as Marinette has a crush on Adrien!

Mystery- The first season has certainly left many questions unanswered, namely who is the secret identity of Hawkmoth and how will the massive cliffhanger at the Season 1 be resolved. Being so invested in the show, I'm finding it quite difficult waiting so long for Season 2 to come out.

Sorry if that bored people to death, but I just had to let the Cat out of the bag (pun definitely intentional). :P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I think my favourite 'girly' cartoon would be Kim Possible, which is one of the best Disney cartoons ever!

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]