Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:28 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Warnings: 0
I created this thread so we can all discuss the best show ever: MY LITTLE PONY! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What is everyone's favourite pony and episode? :-D :-D :-D :-D

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:18 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

The one where the series writer realises his amazing ideas and creativity aimed at little girls is being fantasised over by men in their 30's... I loved the part where throws himself in front of a speeding lorry after burning all of his scripts.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

You know, funnily enough, I like that part too! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I think the frightening and morbidly unsettling image of grown men in their 30s fantasising over this sickly feast for children is one of the modern day horror stories of this age. R.L Stine would have crapped his kecks having this tale relayed to him.

I mean really fantasising over it, little beads of sweat forming on the brows of their heads as the psychedelic myriad of colours flash up on their TV screens and imprint themselves onto their attentive retinas. They leer at the screen, drooling like a spring fall, and their vocabulary is reduced to groans and murmurs...

...enough to put you right off your Pie and Mash, isn't it? But that's an image that I find myself thinking about a lot.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I have no clue what you're talking about mate :blueponder

I'll have to read it again.....

Brony wrote:
I created this thread so we can all discuss the best show ever: POKEMON!

What is everyone's favourite Pokemon and episode?

Oh, yes, i get it. That's better

Well mine are:

Arbok
Articuno
Snorlax
Scyther
Purugly
Mewtwo
Ho-Oh
Jigglypuff
Salamence

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Not sure if i have a favourite episode though :?

Yes, Brony, i am taking the mick out of you as payback for dissing all the good old cartoons, that's really offended me :smt022 :smt089

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

Ponies are lame.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:42 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Someone edited my post and removed the punchline. It now looks dreadful without the added context.

A plague on your house.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

For the record, my favourite Pokemon was Magneton. Magnets are cool.

I remember when Pokemon first came out in 1997, which should give you somewhat of an idea of how old I am. Now I feel like an old geezer. As I look back on it, it was a giant marketing ploy from Japan designed to brainwash kids into buying merchandise just to be considered as "cool" amongst their peer group. Today, only about six Pokemon fans remain worldwide.

MLP, which I understand may be produced by people from my native Canada, is a great concept for little girls. But the fact that grown men enjoy this franchise is both bizarre and highly disturbing.

I don't get the concept of being a "brony." It makes me feel quite ill, in all honesty. We have a good friend here named Skyline who loves vintage cartoons, and is considered as a leading expert in his field. And even he can't contemplate why this thing has galloped its way to success outside of its target market. That says something about all this.

I've run out of useful things to say about this, so I'll stop here before the Mad Mark of yore rears his ugly head again.

Random: Hey, Skyline, is your avatar one of Uncle Dolan's nephews? Sure looks like it to me.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:26 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

All i'll have to say about is that cartoons like Tom & Jerry, Kim Possible, Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, , Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Wreck-It Ralph, Pokemon, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, Digimon, Goof Troop, Freakazoid, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Bonkers, Hercules, A bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Wile E Coyote + Road Runner, Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM - The 1993 cartoon), Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck are all loooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaads better than M* L***le P**y! ;-)

You really should be glued to a chair in front of a TV and have me put on DVDs or VHSs (If we're gonna be retro) or whatever of all those animated movies and shows so i can help you really appreciate real cartoons and animated stuff :)

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

I'm gonna be controversial James, I never cared for the Sonic SatAM series. I always preferred Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog - it was just fast paced randomness and so much fun. SatAM just took itself too seriously and it's full of characters I couldn't really give a toss about, like that French guy, the robot rabbit... and not enough Tails! :evil:

Also AoStH had Scratch and Grounder. Beat that!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:24 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Skyline wrote:
I'm gonna be controversial James, I never cared for the Sonic SatAM series. I always preferred Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog - it was just fast paced randomness and so much fun. SatAM just took itself too seriously and it's full of characters I couldn't really give a toss about, like that French guy, the robot rabbit... and not enough Tails! :evil:

Also AoStH had Scratch and Grounder. Beat that!

Snoo-Pingas usual i see ;-)

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, that too. :smt105

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:24 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I have new respect for ASoTH because of what the wonderful world of YouTube Poop did to it. Some totally deride this evolution of this classic cartoon from 20 - 20!!! - years ago because of the nature of the mashup videos that resulted. As a highly random person by nature, I too enjoyed the randomness of the show, and YTP has increased its randomness quotient by at least 1,000%. I call that a win-win situation.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I love how it's one brony vs. everyone on this site :-D

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:01 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I'm so eccited for season 4!! I think there might be an episode about Derpy Hooves and I can't wait! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I stil have two more months to go!!!! I can't sleep beacuse I'm so excted for Seaosn 4 to start! I hope it lasts for 26 episodes! :love :love :love

I hope My LIttle Pony will last forever and ever! :-D

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I love how it's one brony vs. everyone on this site

I bet there's another Brony on this site! :-D :-D :-D :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :suspect: :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

Brony wrote:
I'm so eccited for season 4!! I think there might be an episode about Derpy Hooves and I can't wait! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I stil have two more months to go!!!! I can't sleep beacuse I'm so excted for Seaosn 4 to start! I hope it lasts for 26 episodes! :love :love :love

Look out young lad, the speling nazis are coming to get you again! ;-)

stewartw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

I love Grounder also, especially when he's The Genius.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Brony wrote:

Look out, young lad, the spelling Nazis are coming to get you again! ;-)

That's better. Sleeeep. :suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Discussion Thread!

My Little Pony? Pfffft. Care Bears were way cooler. Mind you, the Popples were cooler than the Care Bears. Anarchy for 6-year-olds right there.

And if you're looking for collectables, even Sylvanian Families were cooler than My Little Pony. Plus they didn't have messy hair.

(The above post is to demonstrate why it's a good thing most homes didn't have the internet in the 1980s. ;-) )

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]