Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:32 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:32 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Skyline wrote:
I also agree with BankerSpanker. I watched a show recently, and all the clips were recorded before I was born in good ol '94... :shock:

They use old clips from the show as filler. I've seen the same clips used on that show numerous times before.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

Skyline wrote:
What, you like her? :lol:

Hmm...

She wasn't a character in the original shorts anyway. She was created for Space Jam just to make a cheap merchandising female character.

Bugs Bunny did have a girlfriend in "Hare Splitter" (1948), though. :)

Well, i thought Lola was a strong and independent girl back in 1996. In the new cartoon, she just seems like an annoying Amy Rose clone IMO :roll:

Brony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:21 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

Skyline wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:
And an honourable mention to this certain thing http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... c_logo.svg, becuase seriously, IT IS MEANT FOR LITTLE GIRLS and yet it has a massive fanbase of males in their teens to mid-thirties! I just don't get all the hype about it :?

Can anyone tell me clearly why this show is so popular?

It's just pretty pink ponies prancing around.

Why do all of you people flock to M* L****e P**y, instead of another campy cartoon? :|

If I can find an explanation, I'll be happy.

Bwcause it's the best show ever! :evil: :-D :-D :-D

And not all the ponies are pink1 Twilight Sparkle is purple, Fluttershy is yellow, Rainbow Dash is blue, Rarity is white and Applejack is Orange! Are you blind? :-D :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

Let's not forget that show that was on Channel 4 at 4:15pm on May 22, 2008. Not exactly the show itself, but THAT particular episode of it ;) ;) ;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Let's not forget that show that was on Channel 4 at 4:15pm on May 22, 2008. Not exactly the show itself, but THAT particular episode of it ;) ;) ;)

Will people please stop calling that horrible!!!!!! Richard only made a slightly cautious Deal considering £22,500 is life-changing money to some people and with the Banker's pattern of horrible offers at the time, he could have easily been forced into a crash if he went on and hit some of the big numbers.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

I'd call it very cautious. As dealing with all the power five still in play is usually never a good idea.

If it wasn't a third round deal, then I'd expect he would have gone at the next offer! (Or the offer after that)

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:08 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

Will people please stop calling that horrible!!!!!! Richard only made a slightly cautious Deal considering £22,500 is life-changing money to some people and with the Banker's pattern of horrible offers at the time, he could have easily been forced into a crash if he went on and hit some of the big numbers.

Look at the board at the time.

Horrible deal, do DEAL with it! :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

I was only joking :P

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?
Global Moderator

We're going off-topic here!

Besides, Richard's deal was nowhere near as bad as some we've seen in the last few years. Lest we forget, Wilf from May 2011 dealt £2,500 LESS than Richard on a STRONGER board. But, as his deal (eventually) worked out, he is usually exempt from criticism.

Even I've gone off-topic now! Can we get back on topic please? :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

I find most soaps boring TBH. Home and Away is basically the only thing that appeals to me

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

An honourable mention to M*A*S*H - I HATED when they did rerun after rerun in the 5pm time slot for five years straight after Wheel of fortune (in my country) was cancelled in 2006. Some people love it, but showing constant repeats of a 60s / 70s slapstick in the late-2000s-early-2010s in a prime timeslot???? :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

Reflex

As a fan of Saturday night gameshows, I was looking forward to this but I was so disappointed after watching it. This was just BBC's answer to The Cube but crap. The gimmick was about fast paced challenges that were shown in slow motion for the viewers. The problem with this is that MOST of the show was just that. I didn't see enough of Shane Richie and Ken Bruce's voiceover just didn't work. I loved him on Radio 2 but he wasn't a good choice for this show.
After watching the first episode, I won't be watching any more of this junk ever again!

Oh and like many gameshows these days, it has one of those double or nothing gambles. In the first episode, they had won £10,000 but failed the gamble meaning they wasted 45 minutes all for NOTHING! :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:22 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

BankerSpanker wrote:
You've Been Framed!

Oh look someone falling over. Yeah we've only seen that for the last 300 million times! The only part of the programme I like are the animal clips. Everything else is just the same old crap that's been done to death! :roll:

We had a room 101 project in school years back and one of my items was You've been framed!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

One of the worst TV shows in North American broadcast history was Turn-On, which was basically the raunchier answer to Laugh-In, a popular sketch comedy program.

Turn-On aired half of an episode on ABC back in 1969. I say half because it was so bad ABC network executives in several U.S. markets ordered it off the air after its first commercial break. The rest of the time slot was replaced with a rerun of something else. That being said, there were some ABC affiliates in other time zones who learned of this, and opted not to air Turn-On at all.

If you are not from North America, and are reading this post with a confused expression on your face, let me remind you that Google and Wikipedia are your friends. And because us Canadians are renowned for our politeness, here is some reading material for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn-On_(TV_series)

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: WORST Tv show ever?

High Stakes.

I don't think I can forgive ITV for getting Jeremy Kyle to host a gameshow so flawed it basically screwed over people willing to gamble, to the point that EVERYONE played the game in the sort of manner that would make a first-round Dealer seem as daring as Felix Baumgartner. I also hate that the heavy, HEAVY eminence of suck coming from it did in The Exit List's chances, because that show was damn brilliant.

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]