Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:37 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 3:37 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Common Denominator

Warnings: 0
With Face the Clock now finished, a new quiz show called Common Denominator has now started. Phil Spencer is the host.
On the screen, a pair of words, images or a mix of both will be shown and it's up to the player to come up with the Common Denominator which is the word that links the two images/words.
The maximum possible prize is £10,000. Someone came close to getting that on the first episode but ran out of time and in today's show £1,000 was won because there were only 4 seconds left on the clock and it wouldn't be worth playing on for the £2,500.

So anyone been watching?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Was quite starting to enjoy Face the Clock too...

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator
Forum Games Moderator

Is it anything to do with fractions?

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Would have been nice for them to show what the next round would have been too see it he would have got it right within the 4 seconds remaining.

If it was me I probably would have chanced it.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator
Global Moderator

Haven't properly watched it yet, but sounds like a very neat idea for a quiz show. Will try to watch it later in the week.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Mark wrote:
Would have been nice for them to show what the next round would have been too see it he would have got it right within the 4 seconds remaining.

If it was me I probably would have chanced it.

Why does that not surprise me one bit? ;)

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

It's actually quite entertaining, more fun and original than Face The Clock anyway. I'd be awful on it though :P

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

I knew that last Common Denominator today. Picture of a Church <-- ____ --> Take That.
Answer in spoiler:
Pray

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator
Forum Games Moderator

Good for you. ;)

So it's basically a word association thing. Coolio.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

First £10,000 winner today! :D He got the answer with LESS than a second to spare! :shock:

I didn't know what the picture was. The word was Rank and the answer was Military.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator
Global Moderator

Caught the end of today's show. The guy won £10,000 with plenty of time left to spare. He deserved it as well; he got his first few final questions very quickly.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

hogwild94 wrote:
Caught the end of today's show. The guy won £10,000 with plenty of time left to spare. He deserved it as well; he got his first few final questions very quickly.

I don't know the guy personally but I was aware he was playing today as I know him online from game show websites and other things.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:56 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Rather tense ending there. She went for the £10,000 and ran out of time, then remembered the answer AFTER the time had run out. :roll:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator
Global Moderator

Today's player won the £10,000 with more than 20 seconds left, and without using his pass!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Yep... and the first time someone hasn't needed to use their pass I think.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Today's £10k win has been only the THIRD ever in the series so far. It shows how hard it can be to win the top prize but today's player made that look easy. I never would've got the 'double-barrelled' answer. I'm rubbish when it comes to pictures of celebrities.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

Today's player had made it to the £2,500 question but only had 5 seconds left. He went for it! :o
Unfortunately he ran out of time. :( Should've stuck with the £1,000.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

I'd probably have risked it... though I wouldn't have got the answer.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Common Denominator

I really think they should change the prizes in the final. No one is going to walk away with £100 or £250. I think it should be like this:

1. £500
2. £750
3. £1,000
4. £2,500
5. £5,000
6. £10,000

The current series is now finished. Next week is another series of 1001 Things You Should Know.

[ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]