Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:32 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:32 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: 1001 Things You Should Know
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Watched this earlier before DoND. It's an interesting show, and it has a bit of potential in it. Will try and watch it whenever I can.

Anyone else watch this, and have any thoughts?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

I did. Thought it were complete sh*te.

:D

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

Watched them both so far... I through it was alright.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

Mark wrote:
Watched them both so far... I through it was alright.

Thought.

You've done that too many times for it to be a typo.

:D

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know
Forum Games Moderator

1. Neutrons are unstable outside of a nucleus, they have a half-life of just under 15 minutes.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

"What is the currency of Sweden?"

How is that even a maths question? :blueponder

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know
International Forums Moderator

It's a decent quiz, and I like the strategy behind category selection, because the longer you hold onto a category the more useful it could be, but also the more likely that it'll be stolen by someone else!

I'd be tempted to use up my least favourite category on the £100 question when it doesn't matter much.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

Did anyone see the editing fail in today's episode? Chris had £601 added to his total before the cash question was asked.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know
International Forums Moderator

Today's episode reminded me of Mad Mark and psychokiller suggesting episodes should be left unaired. Just three cash questions answered correctly all episode (and two of those were passed over on the buzzer), and a hilarious ending where all three players got their final question wrong, meaning there was no champion.

There'll be a five-figure prize pot by the time tomorrow's episode ends. Hearing huge whoops when Sandi introduces a grand prize of less than a good DoND opening offer, when DoND is on immediately afterwards, is actually quite funny.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1001 Things You Should Know

"You were fabulous but not quite fabulous enough."
ARGH! I HATE that catchphrase Sandi uses! :evil:

Also, most of those final questions were really easy. I would've got both of the maths questions right.
Not sure if I'd have won the prize though as it would depend on the question I get.

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]