Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:45 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 12:45 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Warnings: 0
The song that guy was thnking of would have been Don't Tell Me, which would have been valid, too.

I was going for Into The Groove. Sadly we don't know how that one did. I'm guessing sub-5?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:20 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

We also had the SECOND jackpot win in a row on Friday. £1,250 was won.

The category was Hull and the options were:
  • Tom Courtenay films
  • Beautiful South UK Top 40 singles
  • Hull City AFC Promotion winning team

They got a pointless in Beautiful South with Blackbird on the Wire. They also said Perfect 10 which scored 18 and The Table which didn't get a mention.

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Hull City AFC promotion-winning team? I'd have been confident there. Well, I don't think many people would've said Mark Oxley... :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Anyhow, it'd depend which promotion winning team they were after, as of course, they were promoted in 2008 and then again last season...and have had several promotions from League Two level upwards in the last decade... :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:34 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

daniel123 wrote:
Anyhow, it'd depend which promotion winning team they were after, as of course, they were promoted in 2008 and then again last season...and have had several promotions from League Two level upwards in the last decade... :smt023

Ah whoops, forgot to mention 2013! ;)

I would've been useless at that round. I don't know who Tom Courtenay is, I'm rubbish at football and I only know 2 songs by Beautiful South which are Rotterdam and Don't Marry Her.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Tonight's episode is a Sport Relief special.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

A big jackpot win today! £10,250! :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Well what can I say about round 1 today? It was another U2 round but much worse. Question was to name any British Soap Award Winners and 5 wrong answers IN A ROW were given! Two 4 point answers were given and another wrong answer. At the tie-break a Pointless answer was given which is a first and the only answer I could think of, Barbara Windsor, scored just 14! :shock:

A total of 622 points were scored in just that one round! :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:39 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

There was a new audio question in the head-to-head today. They played extracts from 5 different cop TV shows.

Also, another celeb jackpot win today! :D

Mark

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Loved that audio round, though didn't get any of them correct. Did think C was Colombo however...

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Celebrity Pointless Tonight?

I got three pointless answers. BOOYAH.

Everyone wrote:
Nobody cares, Skyline, you *beep*.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Skyline wrote:
Celebrity Pointless Tonight?

I got three pointless answers. BOOYAH.

Everyone wrote:
Nobody cares, Skyline, you *beep*.

It was a repeat :?

However, the regular series resumes on Monday! :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:12 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Fantastic result today! £5,750 won in the jackpot round. :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

And we now have the THIRD jackpot win a row! :D

Category was European Politics and options were
  • Prime Ministers of Spain
  • Post-2000 French Prime Ministers (Sarkozy is wrong! ;) )
  • UK MEPs

Nick Griffin happened to be a Pointless answer! :laughing

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:08 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I've never been so proud of our country that nobody could remember that pig-faced oaf.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:02 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

YET ANOTHER jackpot win today! :shock:
I think that's about 7 we've had in less than 2 weeks! :o

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:38 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

There's a new celeb episode today at 5:40PM!

Unfortunately, the regular series is still stuck on repeats :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

A jackpot win of £7,500 to kick off the new episodes! :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Quite possibly the WORST display of general knowledge I have EVER seen today.

In the category Seven-letter names, they were asked to name:
  • Chancellors of the Exchequer with seven letter surnames
  • Chemical elements with seven letters
  • Capital cities with seven letters

Answers given were Osmium, Mercury and Ottawa :bonk:

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:50 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Well...one, er, at least one of those three answers, er, had...had seven letters... :eyes: :lol:

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]