Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:37 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:37 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Warnings: 0
Has anyone here watched this gameshow? It's sort of BBC's answer to DOND except there are 24 envelopes and they contain anything from £100 to £100,000. Also, contestants answer questions too.
Here are videos of the first episode:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPzvuVIKVA
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGjMUVWjDI
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fis3zmYV6wk
Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ynMV7cp8s

I thought it was quite an interesting quiz show. I liked it. It's on Saturdays at 8:00PM.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Myself, H, Michael and Mark were talking about this last weekend!

It's a fantastic gameshow, a combination of Deal, Golden Balls and a few ordered-correct questions!

First week a couple of girls (the video above of course) managed to win £16,000; the second week only £2,000...last week a mighty £75,000! And then last night still a very respectable £30,000...

...and all for knowing Crazy Frog spent longer at the top of the UK Charts than Bob The Builder! :lol:

The only thing I hate about this show...is Nick Knowles... :smt011

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Yeah I actually quite like this Lottery show. Rather than just the standard choose the right answer type of show, in this you have to think strategically about the questions and try to work out the order of the answers to maximise your potential winnings, and that's not as necessarily easy as it looks. It also has that DoND feeling with the envelopes and random amounts..

A couple of things that annoy me though is that they don't leave the correct answers on the screen long enough. I like to look at the correct order and the statistics, but sometimes you don't get enough time. I mean I learnt today that Harrods has 12,000 light bulbs and the Eiffel tower has 20,000 (i'd hate have been the person who had to count all them :ponder: ). Also Nick Knowles, who is annoying for being Nick Knowles. But, strangely i'm not finding him as annoying as I used to. :shock:

Now was it just me or is the show not that hard to understand. :? i've read a few comments ( via Digital Spy ) that people don't really like the show as it's very confusing. Obviously with a new show you have to learn how it works, but I pretty much had it sussed by the end of the first episode.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

I like Secret Fortune too.

And it's beyond me too that apparently so many people find the show - and especially the final round - confusing. :?

I'll admit I was ever so slightly confused too at first, but very soon got my head round it.

But then, of course, when it comes to current TV programmes, the majority of Digital Spy forum members do very little besides moaning and complaining... ;) ;) ;)

Here's a fact about Secret Fortune which some might not already know - it's produced not by an established name like Endemol, 12 Yard or Talkback Thames, but by a relative newcomer in Belfast-based Wild Rover.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

I have to admit, the final round confused me slightly at first coz from first impression it sounded like they were clocking in their answer as the one they didn't want to give...but no, they basically say they think the other answer is not the right one (long-winded basically)

And yes I agree, Nick Knowles is decent in this compared to his previous work...but he's still a tosser :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Tonight's episode: Saiqa was an awful drama queen, wasn't she? ;)

Not surprisingly, the moaners on Digital Spy sounded happy that she and Amir only won £3k...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Darn, I missed it. I looked on Twitter though, just £3k won. Must be really upsetting to see £50k chucked in the bin.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

That was a ridiculously easy final question; which grows the slowest? Hair or Nails?

Everyone else around me was saying hair, and there was me saying "are you all mad?! How long does it take to grow your nails? And how often do you tell yourself you need a haircut?!"

So yes I was pleased I got the answer right.

Still, it sounded like Nick Knowles, Myleene Klaas and John Partridge were ALL ripping them for their "PMA" approach :lol:

I really love this show...seriously!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Yeah I said nails too. They didn't have the best of games, but were lucky enough to have £50,000 at the end, which they then lost.

Each week the contestants always seem to have at least one large amount in their final six and they always know which envelope it's in.

Also isn't Myleene Klass about to drop. :shock: Surely it's time she went on maternity leave.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Well she's not on the lottery draws next weekend so maybe?! :)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Isn't it a six nations marathon next week, though?

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:09 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Didn't realise till today, but yeah there is no Secret Fortune on this week due to the rugby. With just the lottery draws taking place at 10.00pm

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Still though, it said it was going to be John and someone else for the draws...

...but the other lady (I can't remember her name) revealed last Wednesday she too is expecting a baby! Bloody hell! :lol:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Jenni Falconer?

I'm sure there must be something in the water (or the lottery balls!) as everyone seems to be getting pregnant. Emma Bunton, Holly Willoughby, Myleene and whoever else I can't remember right now.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Yes Jenni! :)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Secret Fortune also gave me a new word I like to use now - Firkin. :smt047

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

Wow, what a fantastic show today. Click the spoiler to see the result.

£100,000!! :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:43 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

It was simply brilliant! I must admit, I wasn't sure what the final question's answer was...but wow!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

That final question was indeed a bit of a stinker - the groan from the audience when it came up was a big one.

But it didn't matter in the end, because June and Alana's guess was right! :D :D :D

And as if there couldn't be more great Secret Fortune news, a second series has just been announced... :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Secret Fortune (BBC One)

It had to happen. It really is one of, if not the best lottery show they've come up with so far...and given In It To Win It is great itself (and Winning Lines and Jet Set when they were around too), that really is saying something!

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]