Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: The Million Pound Drop

Warnings: 0
Sounds really good, will definitely be watching this. It's on at 10 tonight on Channel 4, Davina McCall hosts

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I'm playing along and not doing too well...lost £500k on the first question because I didn't realise that you had to put all your money down :oops:

Now left with £250k already as I forgot that it'll be the about midnight in Cairo and so probably not 30C... :oops:

lcc

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

did the girls win anything?as i turned it off???? back luck lewis have to read the question carefully next time it got me to????

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

lcc wrote:
did the girls win anything?

No, they lost all their remaining money on the seventh question I think.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Yup, they had £125,000 for Question 7, gambled it all and lost everything.

I really like the format, will also be watching tonight!

lcc

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:05 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

aww thanx for letting me know . :smt023

DanS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:28 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Wow. I felt really sorry for that couple at the end. Splitting their money three ways on the first question, and losing all of it. How gutting. :oops:

lcc

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:21 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

i saw the one on weds night and they got to the last question about who was married first prince charles or ozzy they did so well and they were funny but i suppose they have to to have a tough one for the end ....

rico7

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

With the lack of success for the contestants they might have to make the questions easier or have a more rigorous
selection process! :D

The format is good though, and they have reasonable audience ratings c. 2 million for that time slot although they'll be competing with Eurovision tonight.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:40 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

The live format worked well and the pace of each round was just about right. Davina hosted well. Would liked to have seen more people win though. Overall it was a good gameshow and worthy of a second series I think.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:17 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

"The Banker" wrote:
The live format worked well and the pace of each round was just about right. Davina hosted well. Would liked to have seen more people win though. Overall it was a good gameshow and worthy of a second series I think.

Worthy of a second series yes, but very disappointing for the first three groups of two contestants to go home with no money so far this week! I think they should reduce the amount of questions to seven, and have the multiple choice reduced from four to three options one question earlier for the contestants to win some kind of money. The couple from Glasgow didn't do badly last night, and didn't deserve to go home with nothing. I really hope that we see the new contestants win something, even if it's only £25,000.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I love it, I love playing along.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Also they seem to have a lot of commercial breaks, and the show needs to move more quickly but it's still a great concept.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Just saw a team who managed to take a remaining amount of money home, that must be the first time that's happened

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Second. One pair in series 1 won £75k. Also this pair yesterday are George Lamb and his dad, and they were playing for charity.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:59 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Yes...it was Larry Lamb who was Archie Mitchell in Eastenders last year

jivealex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

davina is a munter

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

rico7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

It doesn't seem to be a question of will someone win the million, but will anyone win anything at all?! :?

Oni-91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:41 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

rico7 wrote:
It doesn't seem to be a question of will someone win the million, but will anyone win anything at all?! :?

They have. Thrice.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:01 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Administrator & Global Moderator

C4 admits 'Million Pound Drop' error

DigitalSpy wrote:
Tuesday, November 9 2010, 12:20 GMT
By Andrew Laughlin, Technology Reporter

The Tenth Doctor begins to regenerate in Doctor Who: The End of Time Part 2
Channel 4 has handed another chance to a couple who lost £325,000 on The Million Pound Drop after fact checkers gave the wrong answer to a question about Doctor Who.

Last Friday, husband and wife Johnny and Dee were asked to name the longest-serving actor to play Doctor Who from a choice of Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston.

After splitting their remaining £650,000 between McCoy and McGann, the couple lost everything when the answer was revealed to be Tennant.

However, eagle-eyed viewers contacted the Million Pound Drop team to point out that the question was in fact misleading.

Tennant portrayed the Doctor for the longest uninterrupted stint between 2005 and 2009, but McCoy played the Time Lord for two years between 1987 and 1989, and appeared in the 1996 TV film.

As no-one else played the character between those two points, McCoy takes the title as the longest-reigning Doctor.

Channel 4 has now accepted the error and confirmed that Johnny and Dee will get a second chance on this weekend's Million Pound Drop Live.

"Having spoken to the Doctor Who production team at the BBC, the Million Pound Drop producers have confirmed that the correct answer to this question was Sylvester McCoy and not David Tennant as shown on the broadcast on November 5. This is due to Sylvester McCoy's final appearance in a 1996 TV movie," said a Channel 4 spokesperson.

"We apologise for this oversight and as a result, the contestants, Johnny and Dee, will return to the show to finish the game this Friday or Saturday at 10pm on Channel 4 with the £325,000 they placed on McCoy."

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcastin ... error.html

:smt046

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]