Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:21 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 8:21 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:47 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Warnings: 0
Nice to see that they are rectifying the situation though. Well done C4!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Administrator & Global Moderator

That question is a bit subjective though, really, to be fair to C4. If you go on the number of episodes, then surely David Tennant holds the title of 'longest doctor'. But if you go on the number of years, then I suppose Sylvester McCoy does. But does a one-off film in 1996 really count?!

I suppose to be safe, they should've stated either "based on the number of years" or "based on the number of episodes" in the question. Or they could've avoided the issue altogether by stating who held the shortest reign of Doctor! :laughing

BoxClever

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

The correct answer has got to be Sylvester McCoy, as “the Doctor Who production team at the BBC” confirmed… I’m sure they thought the same as I did when they were told what the question was: ‘Well, it’s a bit of a trick question, but it would be inaccurate to say that David Tennant was “the longest-serving actor to play Doctor Who” out of those four considering that Tennant appeared as the Doctor from 2005 to 2010, whereas Sylvester McCoy became the Doctor in 1987 and his Doctor didn’t regenerate until 1996’.

h2005 wrote:
But does a one-off film in 1996 really count?!

Yes! That film is a bona fide part of Doctor Who canon. It showed Sylvester McCoy’s Doctor regenerate into Paul McGann’s, and therefore McCoy’s tenure as the Doctor didn’t end until 1996.

If the producers of The Million Pound Drop thought that the 1996 film “didn’t count” then they wouldn’t have named Paul McGann as one of the options, since that 1996 film was his only onscreen appearance as the Doctor.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:14 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Watched this for the first time last night and really enjoyed it....although Davina was hopeless...making lots of mistakes. Does she do that all the time??

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Administrator & Global Moderator

She does seem to fluff things up occasionally - more than most TV presenters on live shows. I haven't seen all the shows, but I've seen her mis-read the categories and mis-read the question on several occasions! :lol:

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:20 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I liike Davina, she works really well on it, a lot more reliable than Grrmot O'Leary on The X Factor and his calling Lucie Laura in the bottom two last year.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I love Dermot :sk

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

What a fail on the producer's part! :twisted:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

It's not a cube, it's a rectangular cuboid. And Christine Bleakley demonstrates the games. :smt046

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Wrong show.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:39 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Oooooooooops! :oops:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Just saw an ad for this during today's DOND. New series starts next Friday at 10PM! :D.
9PM on Saturday.

Fan of classic rock and metal

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Playing Million Pound Drop now and I just lost all my cash. :smt009

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I played this online last night for the first time... survived 8 questions then lost :x

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Forum Games Moderator

Still pretty good... If I had played I would've probably lost by question 4...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:21 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Wow, £375,000 given away on MPD this weekend! :D

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Pauline from July 2009 was on it tonight and will be on tomorrow night too

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Pauline & Krystle just won £25K! :D

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Forum Games Moderator

Wow... that was terrible... losing £725,000 on that question... they should've gone for games!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I survived the Million Pound Drop today with £25,000 through all 12 questions and I got to the special application form for survivors. But the form was 32 PAGES, I don't have time for that! :shock:

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]