Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:51 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 4:51 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:01 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: X-Men 3

Warnings: 0
Has anyone else seen this yet? I was dragged along to see it because I'd once mentioned that I quite liked X-Men 2. :roll: (and Hugh Jackman!)

Anyway, I thought it was ok - not as good as the second one and there's a few bits I didn't understand (which I'll mention later if anyone replies!)

Just to let you know though, if you are going to see it, stay until the very end of the credits as there's an extra scene.

:-)

Cherry Blossom

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:42 pm    Author: Cherry Blossom    Post subject:

:smt006

Last edited by Cherry Blossom on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:53 am    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

Wolverine is nice, but I think Colossus is nicer.

I went and saw the movie last Thursday. I must admit that I was bunrt a little by some things, but after the initially shock wore off, I really like it. Maybe not quite as good as X2 (my opinion may change after I see it again next week), but I do like it better than X1.

My main problem was that Phoenix didn't get on fire.

Ian W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

i'm going to see it tomorrow i let you know what its like

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject:

I have a question about something Wolverine does but I don't want to post it as it's a spoiler!!

I'll wait a bit and give everyone chance to see it first, then I'll see if anyone can explain it to me.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:23 am    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

Feel free to post spoilers in this fashion.

^

Do it like that LizzyLou.

Last edited by Resident-Seven on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:07 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject:

OK I'll try... SPOILER BELOW IF YOU HIGHLIGHT!

Why does Wolverine kill Jean - why doesn't he just "cure" her of her mutancy (and therefore her mood swings) by injecting her with the new drug?

Admittedly, it might not be a permenant cure (as we see from Magneto's last scene), but Wolverine wasn't to know that at the time.

Also, in the very last scene after the credits, is that actually Patrick Stewart speaking? Because I thought the idea was that his consciousness would be put into a new body?

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:52 am    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

Did you see what Jean was doing? By the time Wolverine got there, most of his clothes were gone, hell he was even losing chunks of flesh. I doubt one of those little cure vials would have even made it to her.

I didn't see the last scene, but I have herd about it. Was he actually speaking with his mouth, or was he talking to her using his power?

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:08 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject:

Yes I know Jean was causing a lot of damage in her final rage sequence, but Wolverine could have retreated. I just thought if he loved her that much he'd have found a way. Maybe I'm just too much of a romantic, and that's not what the film is about!

Last scene - I'm not sure now. You didn't see his face. I suppose he could have been communicating using his power. It was defintely Patrick Stewart's voice.

Resident-Seven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:09 pm    Author: Resident-Seven    Post subject:

I think that it was romantic (in a way), that he loved her enough to save her, even if it meant her death. I don't think they really knew if the "cure" would get rid of the Phoenix personality, or just the powers anyway. Though Jean has been a mutant almost all her life, getting rid of her powers (even the weak ones), would change who she was. That just my take on it anyway.

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]