Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:13 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KJupe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm    Author: KJupe    Post subject: The Cube

Warnings: 0
OK, did anyone else see this, if so, comment people!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I did, I'll reserve my judgement when I see it again

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Cube

i saw it, but gave up after a while, it was really boring... the challenges are interesting, sure, but not really something that everyone would want to watch on tv imo. oh look, someone trying to catch a ball running down a tube, how exciting. :roll:

just my opinion. :-)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I like it.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I enjoyed it. The games seemed simples to play, but prove not to be. I like the overall set design and effects. Plus the slow-down matrix effect camera shots are good during the tense moments, as long as they're not over-used.

I'll tune in again.

bidtv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 pm    Author: bidtv    Post subject: Re: The Cube
Account Suspended

i think it is THE BEST game show on tv as it will be different every week not the same like everyother gameshow!

Apparently the producers have around 60 challenges already to play.

it is a 7 week series so will run til October and will hopefully have a series 2! :)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:12 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I think the main hook of it has to be that the games look much easier to play than they actually are. They're like the kind of frustrating games you used to play as children (and still do now, to some extent) that annoyed the hell out of you, but you still had to have another go. Like trying to roll a marble across a Labyrinth course without it dropping down the holes, that took ages to do, but there was such a great sense of achievement having eventually done it.

I quite liked it, but I'd be interested to see how much variety they can get into the challenges over the subsequent weeks. The key is that we can't really have a repeat game or a game too similar to another, otherwise audience interest will be lost rapidly.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Very interesting format that will work well. Personally, if they run out of ideas, they might tweak old games around. However, if this is primetime and is only on certain "seasons" a year, then it will be very successful

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Yeah as long as there's enough different games and we don't see the same ones repeated too often then it should be ok.

If it's true that there's 60 odd games devised then that will certainly cover series 1 in terms of variety.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The Cube

After seeing the first one in ITV Player, I take it back

It's a cool game show, for sure :)

Oni-91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I need to watch this, I missed it due to being on holiday.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Still enjoying this. At home this looks fun & simple, but in the studio for thousands of pound it must be really nerve-racking.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Tonight's was incredible; a guy who couldn't walk in a straight line, and admitted to bad balance because of his size...overcame challenges involving both weaknesses and won a mammoth £100,000!

To win the £250,000 he had to repeat his worst task, while it was set to extreme level of difficulty...not a very hard decision to walk with the £100,000 in the end! Great telly!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Cube
Administrator & Global Moderator

Haven't bothered with this before, but I watched it for the first time this evening. I enjoyed it and thought it was quite good - looks like it was a pretty good episode for me to start watching on!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The Cube

The Cube returns tonight at 7:00pm on ITV1.

I'm a fan of The Cube and it's good to see they've got some new games for the series. The one thing that does annoy me though is the bit at the start where they show you what's coming up as it spoils the show. :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Yeah same here!

Can't wait anyways!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Cube

I never used to like this show at first but after the last series it's really grown on me. :shock: I don't know why, it wasn't much different than the first time I saw it...

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Hopefully this time the cube will be beaten.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:06 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Was anyone watching last night?

Les walked at £50k even though he had six lives left as well as his Simplify!! :shock: :shock:

He'd played an absolute blinder up to that point - having very little trouble with Dual Reflex and Stack, and none at all with Barrier and Rebound - and you would think that Cylinder for £100k wouldn't have been much of a problem for him.

Indeed, if anyone was going to beat the Cube, it was him.

But his daughters clearly didn't want him to go on...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Cube

Maybe the money simply meant too much to him...plus don't forget your nerves are at their very worst while you're in there :|

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]