Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Warnings: 0
flamedtresses wrote:
i like soft rock mainly but i do lik,e a little heavy stuff too.
you guys are to young to remeber a group called europe but i thought they were great, bon jovi, richard marx, aerosmith, def leopard

Oh come on, EVERYONE knows who Europe are - though most of us only know them for The Final Countdown! :lol:

But I remember some of their other stuff, like Rock the Night and Carrie.
edit, i will have to put on some of my old cds lol.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

carrie is a great song. i know most people would know final countdown but didnt know anyone would know their other songs. i used to have a major crush on joey tempest the lead singer :oops:
and bon jovis always is greeat song too

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

cookie_monster wrote:
I much prefer rock to R&B. R&B is only good if you're out clubbing.

I didn't really say rock was crap... stuff like Queen and The Hoosiers are alright... I just hate Slipknot and other rock bands like them, they sound like they're vomiting instead of singing and you can't even hear what they're singing because they're playing so loud. :Jimmy_is_great

Just my opinion. :-D

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Also what's with this smiley : :Jimmy_is_great The shortcut for it is Jimmy_is_great... :suspect: :smt046

Unix eight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

NUMBER 1
Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me
Ooh I actually LOVE this song. Love Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris, thought the mix would be weird but it works perfectly. Brilliant tune.

NUMBER 2
Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
Uchh, Basshunter is just a waste of time, this song is honestly terrible, feel sorry for the people who now have like an occupation appearing in their videos..

NUMBER 3
Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown - No Air
Mehh

NUMBER 4
Ne-Yo - Closer
I like it, not enough to put it on my own iPod, but I'd listen to it fair enough

NUMBER 5
Ironik - Stay With Me
Oh god no, this honestly is terrible, awful song, possibly the worst one realesed this year

NUMBER 6
Kid Rock - All Summer Long
Havent listened to it properly tbh

NUMBER 7
Chris Brown - Forever
I like Chris Brown, much prefered 'With You' but I like this song as well..he's doing half alright for himself

NUMBER 8
Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me
LOVE her, and this song, its fantastic. Can see the usual comparisons being made but I think shes really fresh, love it.

NUMBER 9
Rhianna - Take A Bow
I'd sing along..

NUMBER 10
Busta Rhymes ft. Linkin Park
Mehh

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Recently (over the last year and a bit), the top 10 has become littered with R and B/Rap songs that really are quite awful in my view.

It's a shame that homegrown talent (such as Hard Fi) don't get as high as they should in the charts.

Although it was nice to see "Sweet About Me" and "Love Song" around the top ten.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:09 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Tom wrote:
Recently (over the last year and a bit), the top 10 has become littered with R and B/Rap songs that really are quite awful in my view.

It's a shame that homegrown talent (such as Hard Fi) don't get as high as they should in the charts.

Although it was nice to see "Sweet About Me" and "Love Song" around the top ten.

I agree.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Not necessarily. R&B in general is quite crap really, but there are a small few which are good, you've got to admit. And Umbrella isn't to be classed under the "good" group either, along with Dizzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rascal... :roll:

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I quite like the music this year, I think there's been some good stuff. Out of that top 10, Dizzee's meh, Basshunter's absolutely awesome (every good song should have someone shouting "Are you ready!" at some point) and, erm, dunno any of the others. I think I might have heard the Gabriella one before though.

These were the top 20 highest selling singles of July 1999, exactly nine years ago, from everyhit.com ( http://www.everyhit.com/retros/ ):

Quote:
1 ATB 9pm (Till I Come)
2 Ricky Martin Livin' La Vida Loca
3 Whitney Houston My Love Is Your Love
4 The Vengaboys Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!
5 Will Smith featuring Dru Hill Wild Wild West
6 S Club 7 Bring It All Back
7 Jennifer Lopez If You Had My Love
8 Britney Spears Sometimes
9 Shania Twain That Don't Impress Me Much
10 Madonna Beautiful Stranger
11 Steps Love's Got A Hold On My Heart
12 Adam Rickitt I Breathe Again
13 A1 Be The First To Believe
14 Lolly Viva La Radio
15 Shanks & Bigfoot Sweet Like Chocolate
16 Semisonic Secret Smile
17 Five If Ya Gettin' Down
18 Blur Coffee And TV
19 'N Sync Tearin' Up My Heart
20 Gouryella Gouryella

Now THAT is an awesome top 20.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Bring back the 90s!

YES

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Tom wrote:

Well everyone has their own opinion, so I can't argue back... I guess I'm just an R&B sort of person. :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

The new Top 10 is currently looking like:

7) Madonna - Give It 2 Me
8) Ironik - Stay With Me
9) Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go
10) Chris Brown - Forever

McFly are still to enter...

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Permanently Banned

Big-Davey wrote:
The new Top 10 is currently looking like:

8) Ironik - Stay With Me

McFly are still to enter...

By next week, I reckon it'll be Madonna and McFly at the top of the charts... it's always the way. (And deserved really, both songs are actually very good...)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I agree...here's this week's Top 10 then...

1) Dizzee Rascal ft. Calvin Harris - Dance Wiv Me
2) McFly - One For The Radio
3) Kid Rock - All Summer Long
4) Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
5) Jordin Sparks - No Air (Duet with Chris Brown)
6) Ne-Yo - Closer
8) Ironik - Stay With Me

Kudos to McFly, but Dizzee Rascal has been the most downloaded song for the last fortnight...damn!

Opinions then?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

SH1TE!!!

Good song, I like it!

See Number 2

AWESOMENESS

See Number 4

6) Ne-Yo - Closer
Pfft. Sort of see Number 1.

Hmm, don't know.

8) Ironik - Stay With Me
I like the story of it.

See Number 1

Mix in Number 2 with Number 4.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:11 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Dizzee Rascal is terrible. :eyes:

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:14 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Permanently Banned

Big-Davey wrote:
I agree...here's this week's Top 10 then...

6) Ne-Yo - Closer
8) Ironik - Stay With Me

Kudos to McFly, but Dizzee Rascal has been the most downloaded song for the last fortnight...damn!

Opinions then?

Well I love the McFly song and I love the Madonna song for starters and would place them at 1 and 2. Basshunter is Ok but I'd put that around 7 or 8.

As for the rest, I really either don't like them or have no opinion on them- it's a better chart than most recently but some of them are just dire...

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Once again, the top 10 is rubbish. Except for the Ting Tings, thats the best song on there...

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:11 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Tom wrote:
Once again, the top 10 is rubbish. Except for the Ting Tings, thats the best song on there...

Yeah I agree with Tom.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I hope Shut Up And Let Me Go gets higher, a simple yet very good song from a pair that are doing very well this year.

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]