Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:30 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:11 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Warnings: 0
The top 3 songs should be

1. Rebecca Black - Friday
2. Rebecca Black - My Moment
3. Rebecca Black - Person of interest

;-)

(By the way, is it really 5 years since Rebecca Black's laugh-fest that was 'Friday' was released?! :shock: She'd be closing in on 20 now!)

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:26 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

The Friday song has got over a million dislikes on YouTube and over half a million likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:33 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Mark wrote:
The Friday song has got over a million dislikes on YouTube and over half a million likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

500k likes is still a lot, maybe things do get better with time! :lol:

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:35 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Thought I'd give this an update! The official chart as of 29 January 2016:

1 (1): Shawn Mendes - Stitches
2 (2): Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
3 (61): Jonas Blue & Dakota - Fast Car
4 (3): Justin Bieber - Sorry
5 (8): Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance - All My Friends
6 (6): One Direction - History
7 (5): 99 Souls - Girl is Mine (Destiny's Child & Brandy)
8 (4): Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
9 (10): Major Lazer feat. Nyla - Light It Up
10 (7): Adele - Hello

Other new entries/re-entries:
13 (New): Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
15 (64): Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
24 (New): Lukas Graham - 7 Years
25 (57): Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
28 (49): Alessia Cara - Here
35 (44): Dawin - Dessert

---

Not a particularly spectacular chart right now, though I quite like What Do You Mean? and Sorry. I'm also particularly enjoying 18 (14) MNEK & Zara Larsson - Never Forget You right now, worthy of a mention. Definitely not a style I'm a big fan of, but it just seems to work really well for me!

I'm getting quite tired of these house-style remixes of old eighties tracks. It's weird because a decade ago we had things like Cascada covering Truly Madly Deeply along with dance tracks with repetitive samples from old songs (e.g. Sunset Strippers - Falling Stars and Uniting Nations - Out Of Touch) which I thoroughly enjoy (probably for nostalgia's sake more than anything else) but this phase is getting rather tiresome quite rapidly.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:12 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

STILL three Bieber songs in the top 10?! :? Geez, the only way this could be worse is if it were 2010 when he was in his 'Baby' phase :shock:

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:46 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Official Chart: 5 February 2016

1 (New): Zayn - Pillowtalk
2 (3): Jonas Blue & Dakota - Fast Car
3 (1): Shawn Mendes - Stitches
4 (13): Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
5 (2): Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
6 (24): Lukas Graham - 7 Years
7 (4): Justin Bieber - Sorry
8 (5): Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance - All My Friends
9 (6): One Direction - History
10 (14): Craig David & Big Narstie - When The Bassline Drops

23 (New): Drake - Summer Sixteen
29 (45): Charlie Puth - One Call Away
35 (83): Sia - Chandelier

---

James will be happy to see What Do You Mean? drop out of the Top 10 (down to 13) but Love Yourself and Sorry still sit up there!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:32 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Haven't seen Craig David in the charts for years! Is this a new song of his or is it just another EDM remix of an older song?

I agree with Aaron about the novelty of these EDM/House remixes, samples and covers of 80s songs wearing off having been a guilty pleasure during the 2002-2007 period with the likes of Eric Prydz, Uniting Nations, Global Deejays and Cascada doing house covers and samples of 80s songs. But i am getting a bit sick of all these covers/samples/remixes of old songs by people like Robin Schulz popping up all the time

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:37 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Haven't seen Craig David in the charts for years! Is this a new song of his or is it just another EDM remix of an older song?
It's a brand new song but it does sound similar to some of his older stuff at the start.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:32 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Just listened to Craig David's song, it's ok, i like nostalgic early 2000s garage sound. Big Narstie's rap kind of dampens it a little bit though :?

'Fast Car' doesn't do anything for me, another generic EDM-style cover of an old song that just doesn't do the original any justice

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:42 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Official Chart: 12 February 2016

1 (6): Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2 (1): Zayn - Pillowtalk
3 (2): Jonas Blue & Dakota - Fast Car
4 (4): Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
5 (3): Shawn Mendes - Stitches
6 (5): Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
7 (11): Little Mix feat. Jason Derulo - Secret Love Song
8 (7): Justin Bieber - Sorry
9 (8): Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance
10 (9): One Direction - History

23 (60): Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend
33 (Re): Adele - When We Were Young
34 (61): Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
40 (44): G-Eazy feat. Bebe Rexha - Me Myself & I

---

I'm not overly keen on that new Coldplay song from what I heard, the lyrics were overly generic compared to what you expect from them :smt009

Davao

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:06 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I like 7 Years.

I like Secret Love Song.

Stiches and Love Yourself I like.

Apart from them everything else is rubbish.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Me and and my colleague found ourselves listening to the top 40 countdown before our shift swung into motion last week. We both loudly exclaimed our displeasure as that twee ballcocks of a song '7 Years' was announced as the leader in the hit parade. We sing and rave to some right old dog's knackers when we find ourselves bored, so take this as a surefire sign that '7 Years' is gnat's piss.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

What? Another EDM cover of Tracy chapman's 'Fast Car'? :shock:

I know I might be a hypocrite since 14-year-old me in 2005 enjoyed house songs such as Eric Prydz 'Call on me', which famously sampled Steve Winwood's 'Valerie' and Boy Meets Girls' 'Waiting for a star to fall' from 1988 was being sampled to death by different DJs/dance acts such as Sunset Strippers, Cabin Crew and Mylo. But the nostalgia-bias pretty much buoys those songs for me (plus I was too young, dumb, and not not brave enough to be different to enjoy older music at the time! :roll: )

These house covers now just don't do the originals any justice!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:24 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Here we go with...

Official Chart: 4 March 2016

1 (1): Lukas Graham - 7 Years
2 (2): Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
3 (11): Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
4 (6): Zara Larsson - Lush Life
5 (3): Jonas Blue feat. Dakota - Fast Car
6 (4): Zayn - Pillowtalk
7 (10): Coldplay - Hymn For The Weekend
8 (5): Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
9 (13): Adele - When We Were Young
10 (7): Shawn Mendes - Stitches

Other new/re-entries:
11 (78): Riton feat. Kah-Lo - Rinse & Repeat
15 (New): Tinie Tempah feat. Zara Larsson - Girls Like
23 (New): Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla Sign - Work From Home
40 (41): Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself

---

That Fast Car cover is growing on me I must admit, though it's not a patch on the original of course. I heard that 7 Years last week, what a pile of *beep* that is... My favourite in that Top 40 is 24 (39): The 1975 - The Sound right now :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I'm surprised Mike Posner has a song in the top 3 considering his last attempt at a comeback ('Top of the world' featuring Big Sean, released in December 2013) was a flop. I haven't heard this song but t sounds like it'll be awful :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

7 Years at #1 AGAIN?!! :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:07 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

Don't understand the hate for 7 Years, I like it a lot. It's grown on me massively from when I first heard it.

Lush Life has been another grower for me and of course Zara Larsson is gorgeous.

Quite like the new Tinie Tempah single, but it's not a patch on his first three singles.

My favourite song in the Top 10 is Pillowtalk, it's too damn catchy!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:20 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

The top 10 as of 05/06/2016 :

1 (1) Drake ft. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
2 (2) Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
3 (3) Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
4 (5) Galantis - No Money
5 (4) Sia ft. Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
6 (NE) Clean Bandit ft. Louisa Johnson - Tears
7 (6) Drake ft. Rihanna - Too Good
8 (12) gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
9 (7) Mike Posner - In Ibiza (SeeB Remix)
10 (29) Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl

Haven't even heard the majority of these. I must be getting old.

I've heard 2, 4, 5 and 9 though. My favourite one is probably Cheap Thrills, but I much prefer the version without Sean Paul.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:30 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Drake :roll:

And he is STILL #1! :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

And he STILL is in this week's chart, almost the whole top 10 unchanged (Last week's number 9 from Cheat Codes x Kris Kross Amsterdam slipping two to 11).

Friday's chart (17th June):

1 (1) Drake ft. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
2 (2) Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners - This Girl
3 (3) Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
4 (4) Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
5 (5) Drake ft. Rihanna - Too Good
6 (6) Clean Bandit ft. Louisa Johnson - Tears
7 (7) gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U
8 (8) Sia ft. Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
9 (9) Sigala - Give Me Your Love (ft. John Newman & Nile Rodgers)
10 (10) Galantis - No Money

For those statisticians, Drake has become the longest-running UK Number One since downloads became included in the chart, and the longest-running in itself for nearly TWENTY-TWO YEARS - not since Wet Wet Wet's Love Is All Around have we had someone stay at the top for a mammoth ELEVEN weeks like he has now...and the irony is even better - beating his on/off girlfriend who previously held the record for 10 weeks with Umbrella back in 2007!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]