Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:56 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Warnings: 0
daniel123 wrote:
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel...is Meghan Trainor coming your way... :ponder: ;)

Say what? :|

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:28 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

:verymad

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Cheryl - I Don't Care Rubbish song to be fair.3/10

Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside It is OK I suppose miles worse than Blame. 4/10

Blame was a fantastic song.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:31 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Skyline wrote:
:verymad

;-) :smt023 :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

I thought it was fairly good, as far as crap puns go... :smt102 :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:32 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

This week's top 10:

1 (NE) Gareth Malone & Gareth Malone's All Star Choir - Wake Me Up
2 (2) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
3 (9) One Direction - Steal My Girl
4 (1) Cheryl - I Don't Care
5 (3) Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
6 (6) Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside
7 (21) Tom Odell - Real Love
8 (NE) The Veronicas - You Ruin Me
9 (NE) Sam Smith - Like I Can
10 (10) Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One

Other new entries/re-entries:

11. Taylor Swift - Blank Space
20. Kendrick Lamar - i
28. Idina Menzel - Let It Go
39. Brian Wilson & Various Artists - God Only Knows

Haven't heard the new number one, surprisingly. I know it's for Children in Need though, so fairly obvious it would be at the top
Not sure about the Tom Odell one yet. The advert it features on (John Lewis) is quite nice though.
The Veronicas' song - yes! Finally a song I really like is in the top 10 :-)
Sam Smith's song - can't remember how it sounds. I'm not a big fan of his though... he has a good voice, I just don't like his songs much.

I wanted 'i' to place higher as well. I admit, I quite like some of Kendrick Lamar's music :P

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:58 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

I know it's for Children In Need, but Gareth Malone's choir version of Wake Me Up is even worse than the original which admittedly I've gradually been able to sing along to but still don't really like. They could sing the alphabet and still get number one, such is the cause, so don't feel it's worthy of the top spot.

Haven't listened properly to Tom Odell's Real Love, but don't really like his music so don't hold out much hope. Thankfully a much better song with the same name will hopefully be at the top next week. :)

Haven't heard You Ruin Me so can't comment.

Like I Can is probably better than Sam Smith's last two singles, but that's not saying much. Disappointed at how far downhill he's gone since his two number 1's.

Love Taylor Swift's new single, it's so catchy! :D

i is the first single of Kendrick Lamar's I've heard that I can recall and it's pretty damn good too. Has a great beat and once I learn the lyrics I'll like it even more.

Let It Go was rubbish when it came out and nothing has changed, still frustrates me when it comes on the radio.

God Only Knows is alright but nothing special.

Happy with how the iTunes chart is looking - the four songs I've purchased this week are all in the Top 10 and all but three of them I like.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:33 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

What is it with that silly Disney song? It's not even the best Disney song ever.

Gotta be Everybody Wants To Be A Cat.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Haven't heard "Wake me up"

Finally heard "Thinking Out Loud" and i think it's a really nice song :)

"Steal my girl" isn't too bad by 1D standards

Not sure if i like "I don't care" or not. The song title and lyrics are incredibly cliche, and i don't like the choice of using strong profanities in the song to make her sound 'edgy' :?

All about that bass....GET OUT NOW!!! :smt011

Meh, about "Outside". Just another generic song that uses the same old pop format as every other dance-pop song out today :roll:

Love "You Ruin Me". Great comeback single for the Veronicas, as they've been pretty quiet since 2008! It reminds me of a late-90s Jewel ballad

Haven't heard Sam Smith's new one, and i'm 'meh' about "I'm not the only one"

I think i've heard 'Blank Space', but haven't really absorbed it to know how it goes yet

That 'Let it go' song makes me cringe. I have 'Frozen' on DVD think it's good but not great, and has to be Disney's most overrated movie ever (either that or 'Maleficent', which i haven't seen, but i've heard that movie isn't all it's cracked up to be either). Elsa's backstory and character development pretty much makes the movie IMO

And haven't heard 'I' and 'God only knows'

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

I have an announcement.

I heard 'You Ruin Me' earlier while I was out delivering Chinese food to the people of Gosport.

It was...

My goodness me, it was absolutely bloody magnificent. I almost cried. What a brilliant song that is. :shock: :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:39 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Missed it again last week :oops: but here is this week's top 10:

1 (NE) Take That - These Days
2 (1) Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas?
3 (3) Olly Murs ft. Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up
4 (4) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
5 (2) Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Real Love
6 (6) One Direction - Steal My Girl
7 (NE) Labrinth - Jealous
8 (9) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
9 (5) David Guetta ft. Sam Martin - Dangerous
10 (11) Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

12. McBusted - Air Guitar
14. James Newton Howard - The Hanging Tree
18. James Bay - Hold Back The River
22. Years & Years - Desire
24. David Guetta ft. Emeli Sande - What I Did For Love
30. Kiesza - No Enemiesz
33. Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
36. Beyoncé - 7/11

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:20 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Right, now for my analysis...

Don't really like it, very bland and forgettable. They should probably call it a day now that they've lost two members...

2 (1) Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas?
I appreciate the cause, but this song seems to get worse every time it's revived with new artists... the original is still the best in my eyes.

3 (3) Olly Murs ft. Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up
Don't like it. His music seems to have gone downhill since he released 'Dance With Me Tonight', whenever that was.

4 (4) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
Getting fed up of hearing this song now, it's been overplayed to death. I'm hoping he releases a new song soon...

5 (2) Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Real Love
Not too sure about this, just sounds like a not as good 'Rather Be'.

6 (6) One Direction - Steal My Girl
I may not be a fan of this song, or them, however... after being subjected to their album, there were a couple of songs I actually thought were decent :eyes:

Not heard it in full, didn't like what I did hear though.

Nope, not a fan of this either. She's played it safe and gone for another song about a bad relationship :roll:

9 (5) David Guetta ft. Sam Martin - Dangerous
Not heard it properly, but I didn't like the last song these two did together, so probably won't like this much either.

10 (11) Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
Shockingly, this is probably my favourite song in this week's top 10 :shock:
Offensive, maybe, but it's catchy and has a cool retro feel to it. She's got a new single coming out soon, if anyone's interested :P

Seriously bad.

I liked the use of it in 'The Hunger Games', but I don't know why people would actually want to listen to it at any other time...

Not heard it.

Not heard this either.

Not heard this either...

30. Kiesza - No Enemiesz
Ah I've heard of this one. It's alright I guess, just a bit similar to her previous 2 hits...

A bit bored of this now, but in the summer it was a tuuune 8)

36. Beyoncé - 7/11
So bad it's actually quite funny. Don't know what's happened to her lately, her music has just gone to pot...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

I have heard "These Days" on Radio 2 several times and my opinion on that song still hasn't changed since the first time I heard it. That song is absolute GARBAGE! :smt019

Also, GET OUT OF THE TOP 10 MEGHAN! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

Actually like this, one of their best.

Not as good as Let It Be or most of Labrinth's other singles.

Really like this, so catchy.

Haven't heard this enough to cast judgment.

Haven't heard it.

It's not too bad but it's so overplayed.

Really like this.

Not up to the standard of some of his other singles, but it's not bad.

30. Kiesza - No Enemiesz
Her best single yet, love it.

Wasn't sure on this when it first came out, but it grew on me quickly and I really like it.

36. Beyoncé - 7/11
Haven't heard this, but being as it's my birthdate I hope it is good.

No regrets.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:57 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

This week's top 10:

1 (4) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
2 (NE) Union J - You Got It All
3 (1) Take That - These Days
4 (8) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
5 (3) Olly Murs ft. Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up
6 (5) Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Real Love
7 (NE) Blonde ft. Melissa Steel - I Loved You
8 (6) One Direction - Steal My Girl
9 (9) David Guetta ft. Sam Martin - Dangerous
10 (11) Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside

16. Ella Henderson - Yours
17. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
18. The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York
38. Ed Sheeran - Make It Rain (from Sons of Anarchy)
39. Wham! - Last Christmas

So Ed Sheeran goes to the top yet again. I'm surprised at how popular that song still is, I'm well over it now :shock:
Still, at least it wasn't Union J at the top.
I haven't heard Blonde's new single.

Just 2 weeks left til this year's Christmas chart :xmas: and now that streaming is included in the charts, it could be quite interesting...

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:17 am    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

This week's top 10:

1 (NE) Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
2 (1) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
3 (12) Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas?
4 (3) Take That - These Days
5 (NE) Oliver Heldens ft. KStewart - Last All Night (Koala)
6 (4) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
7 (19) One Direction - Night Changes
8 (5) Olly Murs ft. Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up
9 (10) Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside
10 (6) Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Real Love

17. Bring Me The Horizon - Drown
21. Fifth Harmony - Bo$$
35. Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
37. Ella Henderson - Ghost
39. Ed Sheeran - Sing

Should also mention 'A Fairytale Of New York' climbed to number 11 this week, just missing out on the top 10.

Love the new number one, got a good beat to it. Wasn't supposed to be released til the new year, but after a certain X Factor performance, it got pushed forward...
Heard 'Last All Night' once, can't remember how it goes though.
'Night Changes' is surprisingly alright for One Direction's standards, wouldn't say it was brilliant though.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

So the usual X Factor tripe is Christmas #1 again. Can we have PROPER music in the chart again please? :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

...the Wealdstone Raider? ;) :-D

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:38 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts

Darn, you beat me to it :( :P

Here is the top 10 in full:

1 (NE) Ben Haenow - Something I Need
2 (1) Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
3 (2) Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
4 (43) Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato - Up
5 (NE) Wealdstone Raider - Got No Fans
6 (4) Take That - These Days
7 (6) Taylor Swift - Blank Space
8 (7) One Direction - Night Changes
9 (9) Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside
10 (13) Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

Only one other new entry in the top 40:

14. Gorgon City ft. Jennifer Hudson - Go All Night

Haven't actually heard the number one, but I expect it's just as memorable as the other winner's songs... :roll:
Not heard Wealdstone Raider's song.
Meghan Trainor back in the top 10 :-D :-D I imagine everyone on this forum will be chuffed by that...

The Christmas songs in the top 40 are:
11. The Pogues ft. Kirsty McColl - Fairytale Of New York
17. Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas?
18. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
35. Wham! - Last Christmas
39. Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:45 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The UK Top 10 - Your Thoughts
Forum Games Moderator

Something I Need is pretty good, the best X Factor Winner's Single for a while.

Up isn't quite as good as Wrapped Up, but nonetheless it is a great song and I think Olly and Demi's voices work quite well together.

Wealdstone Raider is an absolutely legend and fair play to him for doing that song for charity!

Don't mind Go All Night but it's nothing outstanding.

Last Christmas is my favourite Christmas song so good to see it chart, hopefully it can climb a bit more before the end of the year.

No regrets.

[ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]