Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:05 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
psychokiller wrote:
And I also recall a Channel 4 show was premiering that same day, Ugly Betty. We travelled to the south on the Friday and it was being billboarded all across London.

Just now clocked that this starred America Ferrera, who was in the Barbie movie.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:53 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

17 years ago was the game of VENTRESS, with one of the most memorable openings to a game ever......

Noel: I need you to confirm that you chose box 16 at random before the game began

Stuart: No I chose, er, box FOURTEEN, at random!

What followed was a flurry of laughter and a full-on Bradley Walsh-esque meltdown from Noel as Stuart put Noel on the spot to get his spiel right! :lol:

In a unique game that never really got going (if memory serves, the game peaked around £7k or so, which was a very low peak for a Laura-era game!), Stuart went away with a neat £1,000, and was possibly the only game in the history of the show with a SWAP instead of money offered at 5-box!! The swap-only offer would make an appearance again the next day, and turn out to be a FAR more influential decision in the game! :smt023

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:34 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

I recently watched VENTRESS's game on YouTube and the bit that made me crease up most was when at 2-box Noel rhetorically asked "So, is it £1,000" and Stuart replied "yep" before the box got opened :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:07 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

17 years ago this week since Bunney, first ever winner of 50p Dennis and *beep* Star Jane. The dates match 2007 until the leap year too! God that makes me feel old! :-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:33 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

The word beeped out was 4 letters long and began with P by the way :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:46 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

James1978 wrote:
17 years ago this week since Bunney, first ever winner of 50p Dennis and *beep* Star Jane. The dates match 2007 until the leap year too! God that makes me feel old! :-)

Especially considering that the last leap year that started on a Monday (i.e. with February 29th being on a Thursday) was 1996! :P 2028 will be the next leap year, which means that we've now basically done a full rotation of the "leap year calender" since 2000!

1996 = Leap year that started on a Monday
2000 = Leap year that started on a Saturday
2004 = Leap year that started on a Thursday
2008 = Leap year that started on a Tuesday
2012 = Leap year that started on a Sunday
2016 = Leap year that started on a Friday
2020 = Leap year that started on a Wednesday
2024 = Leap year that started on a Monday
2028 = Leap year that starts on a Saturday

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

James1978 wrote:

Jonathan Bunney...I know I wasn't especially kind about him as a kid on this forum, but he was very much a 'look at me! Look at me! Give me attention! Give me all your attention!' kind of character, which I guess is fine if you like extroverted people...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:50 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

Unashamed Tory blooded Trevor B tripped and fell into a 1p win eighteen years to the day, 01/03/2006. Of course, everyone following the 'sequencegate' fiasco knew exactly how it was unfolding. The deep depths of the DOND 'iceberg' might put forward the theory that the crew had full awareness and steered his ship for him in the form of poor forcing offers.

Me on that day? Turned away from school as a few teachers couldn't clear the snow off their driveway. This remained the case for the rest of the week, taking in my 12th birthday. That was a good time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:13 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

To this day, I thought there was something odd about Noel's cadence when he revealed the "Swan pee" in Trevor's box. In that moment he seemed completely unsurprised, even blasé, when he flipped the lid, and not to mention the way Noel was practically lecturing Trevor into taking the £99 offer at 2-box (albeit to no avail) - did Noel know that the 1p was in there from the start?!?! :|

I know it's a long shot, but was Trevor in on this whole "sequencegate" as well? Just the way Trevor went from being visibly shattered and looking like he would crumble into a deluge of tears if he tried to speak more than 2 words, to suddenly looking all jovial and chipper moments later when the others poured in to console him as the credits rolled - surely no one bounces back that quickly, do they?!?!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:26 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

daniel123 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Jonathan Bunney...I know I wasn't especially kind about him as a kid on this forum, but he was very much a 'look at me! Look at me! Give me attention! Give me all your attention!' kind of character, which I guess is fine if you like extroverted people...

Bunney was one of those contestants who I had VERY changeable feelings about - I went from finding him funny, to finding him just overrated and annoying, to having fond memories of him again and being reminded of the good times of the show. Ultimately, I found Bunney to be more of a "small doses" type of character, as I did find him likeable and funny, but his antics would wear out their welcome.....

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I know it's a long shot, but was Trevor in on this whole "sequencegate" as well?

I mean...I mean he might not have selected box 1 if he knew it contained a quarter of a million pounds...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

daniel123 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

[Bunney song tune]
Bunney’s his name,
Singing was his game.
They thought he was funny,
But he won lots of money…

It was the other Daniel who I remember passionately hating him!

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:50 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Power5 wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

[Bunney song tune]
Bunney’s his name,
Singing was his game.
They thought he was funny,
But he won lots of money…

It was the other Daniel who I remember passionately hating him!

I remember that now! I'd forgotten the other Daniel not being too fond of him though. I think Bunney either became, or had been at some point, an organist at a church just across the harbour from me in Portsmouth. I've listened to him on YouTube actually - he's not bad at all! A man of many talents, being annoying chief among them :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:51 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-17 Years Since...

I remember daniel4389's posts from around this time in 2007. Bunney, £50k Buddy and Mystic Rich were his favourite "whipping boys", if memory serves. I remember it being Dan in particular being utterly reviled by Mystic Rich being the first man in E11, which up until that point had been all-female and was home to some of the best female contestants who played during the shop's early days!

If I recall, there was similar outcry a month earlier when Leanne who played before Bunney was only the second woman to stand in the male-dominated position W1 since Lisa who played during the show's "post-umbilical" phase in 05. It didn't take long to get used a man in E11, but a woman standing in W1 always looked kind of odd to me - even with that period around 2011 when W1 was a predominantly female position, I still couldn't get used to it (plus there not being much "eye candy" in W1 probably didn't help either ;-))!

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]