Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:08 am Last visit was: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:08 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:26 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
Actually, I just missed the anniversary of another early-ish days (well not really early days) game which i actually just thought of the other week - £18k Alex's game from 14 years ago, what a strange game that was!

IIRC, Alex was a policeman who's real name was "Gladstone", and his game was perhaps best remembered for the weird limbo stuff him and Noel did during the show! But what I thought was particularly strange about that game was the fact that Alex's decision to deal an almost on-the-mean offer on a very volatile board was greeted with deafening gasps of horror from the audience, and when Alex could've had an offer of £21k if he played on, Noel - being in the absolute prime of his "deal too soon = complete disaster" wakey phase" - had an absolute meltdown over Alex missing out on the extra couple of grand!!

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

15 years ago. Bearded James dealt at £14,700 and achieved the FIRST EVER 11-box $panking! :D

Surprisingly, this has become one of the most obscure games of Season 1, with no pictures, let alone video footage, of this game to be found anywhere, despite the feat that was achieved, and it being the debut appearance of Joseph!!

Profile E-mail  

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:35 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

Arguably one of the most obscure contestants of the March - July '06 era too. Literally the only thing I can remember about him is his involvement in a box swap on his debut (think it was the greengrocer who crashed to £1)

Funny that bearded contestants were relatively uncommon enough to be characterised as such back in the day. 1 in 5 adult males aged 20 - 30 probably look like James now.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:11 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

psychokiller wrote:
Arguably one of the most obscure contestants of the March - July '06 era too. Literally the only thing I can remember about him is his involvement in a box swap on his debut (think it was the greengrocer who crashed to £1)

Funny that bearded contestants were relatively uncommon enough to be characterised as such back in the day. 1 in 5 adult males aged 20 - 30 probably look like James now.

£1 Gary a.k.a the day where the censors fell asleep and let Buzz say "S*** or bust" live on air! :shock:

Heck, even James' wing replacement Trevor - who played after only a handful of shows and was only on our screens for a week or so due to double deal week - is somewhat better remembered, although largely due to his wife's "near-nuclear meltdown" when he dealt! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:57 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, that was the era of sharp haircuts and clean-shaven faces, and to be honest, I think there was a heck of a lot to be said for that style. Then again I'm an odd 26-year-old, when I've had a shave I can get away with...well, about 25...but a beard puts another ten years on me, easy.
I'm going off on a tangent because I can remember absolutely nothing about Bearded James, and am therefore rendered incapable of making any meaningful contribution to our progress along this particular avenue of conversation. :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:03 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re:
Forum Games Moderator

Ian W wrote:
Wow! 1 year since Jennifer's game how quickly did that year go, and we were worried when Deal or No Deal was on its summer break :D

I'd be surprised if she's still alive Walshy...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...

15 years ago, we were just coming out of the "Double Deal Week" craziness, and into the last portion of Season 1, although the Season 2 players were yet to start appearing on the wings at this particular point in time (details were still sketchy over the situation with Joseph, who disappeared during double deal week and ultimately played in September)

June/July 2006 was a weird time for the show - along with double deal week, this era was defined by several contestants who barely spoke a syllable on the wings and then suddenly turned into loud characters in the chair, and unlucky games during double deal week and in the last week leading up to the summer break, making the later stages of season 1 the low point of the show's early days for some people - but it was still far from devoid of it's great moments. After double deal week, the banker started making generous early-mid game offers, a feature that would become commonplace in Season 2

On this particular day in question 15 years ago, was the game of Bianca (i forgot how pretty she was until i saw her game again!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvIfXESie6E&t=567s

By a mile one of the most emotional games/contestants of Season 1. A highlight was Noel throwing his fake tantrum over the emotionally-wrecked Bianca using up all the tissues! :shock: :lol: Wasn't Bianca's reputation on the forum somewhat tarnished by some sour chappy posting on here, who apparently ranted about how haughty and full of herself Bianca was when he went down to Brist-Vegas to watch some games live whilst she was on the wings (and it was months before Bianca even showed up on our screens)?! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:12 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 1-15 Years Since...
Forum Games Moderator

Indeed Jim, you're correct - I can't remember his username but I'll readily admit I had a slightly warped impression of Bianca for many years, until I watched her game again on YouTube. This was really an early example of social media being used for the kind of malicious purposes we're so used to in today's world...but the commonality of such behaviour was alien to people in 2006, and trolls were rarely, if ever, recognised for what they were...

Profile E-mail  
 [ 4488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]