Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:51 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
OK it's not on TV (there's no way I'm watching scenes from the House Of Commons at the moment!!) but if you scroll down to the article at 16:43 - is that Aaron from March 2006 who's now an MP? Looks like him. He certainly seemed the type who would be forthright about such matters in Parliament from when he was on the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988

Forthright in denying basic human rights to poor and vulnerable adults and families, indeed!

He was mentioned further up this very page and my comments about him were edited out for some reason.

His occupation at the time of DOND was a bookmaker which kinda spells it all out for you. Exploitation for his own £££gain£££. Scumbag.

Matthew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:30 pm    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
psychokiller wrote:
James1978 wrote:
OK it's not on TV (there's no way I'm watching scenes from the House Of Commons at the moment!!) but if you scroll down to the article at 16:43 - is that Aaron from March 2006 who's now an MP? Looks like him. He certainly seemed the type who would be forthright about such matters in Parliament from when he was on the show!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60147988

Forthright in denying basic human rights to poor and vulnerable adults and families, indeed!

He was mentioned further up this very page and my comments about him were edited out for some reason.

His occupation at the time of DOND was a bookmaker which kinda spells it all out for you. Exploitation for his own £££gain£££. Scumbag.

Suppose that says it all! If after you've appeared on a gameshow like DOND, don't go trying to be a politician because any likeness or respect you had when you appeared on said gameshow will go straight out the flaming window! And that's just what he's done, the money pinching knobhead.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:12 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Surprised no one noticed, but Wrighty who played the first £500k game and had the highest ever opening offer was on the premiere episode of 1 and 6 zeroes.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:31 am    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
American Coupon Boy wrote:
Surprised no one noticed, but Wrighty who played the first £500k game and had the highest ever opening offer was on the premiere episode of 1 and 6 zeroes.

Is that that new show on C4 hosted by Dara O Briain?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:50 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Not actually TV but real life, but anyone remember a George from 2008? Played not long before the Matty 1p show? Met him in my job yesterday, nice enough chap. I wasn't even watching the show properly at that point, just dipping in, but I recognised him. Didnt actually talk to him about DOND cos it might have put the sh*ters up him having someone 15 years later recognise his mug.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:20 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Dirty George?? :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:46 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

James1978 wrote:

What gave him that name? :ponder:

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:58 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

James1978 wrote:

The very same! Not the first I've seen around (a fair few live locally like '1st anniversary' David and Charlotte from circa 2011) but the first I've actually had dealings with. I clearly have a good memory for faces as I really was only watching DOND at that time if I was channel hopping.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:36 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Forum Games Moderator

higginson_ronan wrote:
James1978 wrote:

He was dirty, and his name was George? :smt102

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

daniel123 wrote:
higginson_ronan wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Makes sense :)

All well Daniel?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:41 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Forum Games Moderator

higginson_ronan wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
higginson_ronan wrote:
James1978 wrote:

All well Daniel?

Well enough! And yourself?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:34 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

daniel123 wrote:
higginson_ronan wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
higginson_ronan wrote:
James1978 wrote:

All well Daniel?

Well enough! And yourself?

Getting there! :smt023

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:34 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Jessica Ezeogu who played in early 2006 and won £41,000, she was on a show called beat the bailiffs, a few days before her game actually aired!

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:21 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

https://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/red ... lind-date/ 45k Daz went on Blind Date

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:41 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Forum Games Moderator

Continuing the 2006 theme, here's Raj...or rather, his Wikipedia page!

I was watching his show about an hour ago, and in it he mentioned that he absolutely loved Bollywood and dreamed of becoming a Bollywood dancer...and guess what? He only went and did it! :-D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Parmar

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Forum Games Moderator

In a way, I have actually spotted a former contestant on TV...Rod, the 22nd member of the 1p Club, from 2009, is Rod Eaton, a snooker referee now working on the professional circuit as well as the seniors and amateur tours. I was familiar with his name for a few years but only found out just now that he was on the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hannah (who was on the wings at the same time as me in Feb/Mar 2009) was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune a couple of weeks ago.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:40 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Has anyone spotted previous contestants on TV???

Gladiator “Phantom” is former DOND contestant Toby Olubi (£12k, March 2016), also a former Olympic bobsleigh athlete.

[ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]