Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:22 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Warnings: 0
It's 2015, not far from 10 exact years since the appearance of DOND's greatest ever contestant. Here are some reasons as to why he has earned his legacy:

- ''Started the game by claiming he was ''so angry'' and that he was going to give Glenn 'The Banker' Hugill a lesson.

- Played the game as it SHOULD only be played, sitting still and calling out numbers with not a second wasted on anything other than the basic game mechanics. No dwell time, no faze, nothing. Just business.

- The first contestant to ask Noel for the question. Rather than listening to orders, he GAVE orders.

- He was the first contestant to be forthright with The Banker, with choice quotes being ''He could have pushed 6 (grand)'' and ''(that offer is) insulting''. Indeed one of the few contestants to basically acknowledge him as nothing at all/one of the crew. At one point he all but barked orders.

- His stoniness was only broken by a deeply sarcastic ''YEEEESSSS!!' when a not insignificant red amount went. That was his only show of emotion until the fifth offer and it was still to befuddle everyone involved.

- Once dealing, he pretends he knows where the large amounts are and cockily points to the boxes. Once he's proven right, an amazed (and subtly irritated) Noel asks him ''If you KNEW where they were, they did you deal?''...

- ...''I didn't know where they were! It's random!!''

- He seemed to genuinely rattle Noel and create a brilliantly unique atmosphere that's never been replicated.

- Despite him playing in November 2005, he STILL remains the show's greatest contestant despite 10 years of history occurring in the meantime.

ANDY K 'TIL I DIE

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Here is that very moment from his game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsXpkDoDkM (not sure why there are so many dislikes :smt011 )

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:22 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

There was also that bit in 120k Jennifer's game where Andy Kelly, in the middle of the last round where she still faced the chance of removing the two largest reds, disregarded the unbelievable and unprecedented tension by chirpily spouting ''10p. Say it to me!'', prompting Noel to bark the order ''Andy - open it!''.

He whacked the box open and it was indeed the 10p, securing Jennifer of at least one huge sum remaining thus removing much of the tension. Just WHAT if he'd had the £250k, it's incredible how he played things up at such a point in the game.

Regarding his behaviour in his game, he's easily the closest you can get to a non-fan as is possible, he seemingly must have appeared just to add to his game show CV and must have realised the magnitude of the nonsense that the show throws in at every corner within his first day.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

SEX

Now I've grabbed your attention, please add yourself to this membership list, which I have copied over from the original fan club (created in 2006):

Jeremy Kyle's Dad (nowadays trading as TheDontCareBear)
The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME, ME! ME! ME!

Come on, this is an insulting turn out.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

I'll join Andy Kelly was a legend.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Lovey stuff, David.

So, the membership currently stands like this:

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao

Which is still piss poor, but better than before.

Come on, pull your fingers out! What we need is...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:22 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Count me in! The "IT'S RANDOM" part was absolute TV GOLD! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:59 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Lovey stuff, BS.

So, the membership currently stands like this:

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao
BankerSpanker

Which is even better than before, but still piss poor.

Come on, pull your fingers out! What we need is...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

ME! :P I'll gladly join the club.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao
BankerSpanker
American Coupon Boy

It's good, very good, but the Pat M fanclub has over 120 members. If we're going to surpass that, this club needs to be... 3x bigger than this.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao
BankerSpanker
American Coupon Boy
Hogwild94

Thank you, Hog.

Eight is great.

208 would be great...er.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:38 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

I'd normally dislike a player for coming across as being arrogant or aggressive, but I admire Andy for the way he handled his game

He wasnt afraid to speak his mind and did things completely his way. He didnt play the annoying charade that most players now seem to have been told to play, none of this "it's a good offer" nonsense, no dithering for 10 minutes over offers that were poor for the board, he recognised an offer that was poor for the board by saying it was an insult, he just called out numbers with a stony face and there was none of this codswallop over opening one box (as soon as one box was opened, Andy wasted no time in moving onto the next box. Best part was when he found the £250k in the first box, and he just shook his head and was like "yeah, whatever, next box please!") :D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:04 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao
BankerSpanker
American Coupon Boy
Hogwild94
JamesJMH91

Better than bad, it's good!

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Andy's been on the forum a few times and actually posted this about his game, when he was asked about the impact other game results had on him:

andyk wrote:
Deffo. I played the day after 10p Raj- a nicer bloke you could not meet. He had a car crash game and I believe it was the first time everyone realised the reality of a low win (previous lowest had been £1500 I think) I offered Raj £200 (the bankers offer with 10p and £500 left) if he were to end up with the 10p. Noel made me open his box. This subsequently meant they could not edit out what I said. This I beilieve, resulted in me being bumped up the order and playing next- I was on and off in 14 shows. The rest as they say is history.

I'm wondering if this was an influence on his attitude when he was in the chair. There was clearly more to it than it might have seemed.

Count me in for the fan club membership either way!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:03 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Brick wrote:
An interesting story

That is enlightening, very much so in fact! Perhaps he was a bit pissed to be playing so relatively early, though with it being so early in the show's life, was the 'experience, guys!' aspect as established as it would become later on? I'd have thought that a short run in those days was probably not a big deal, indeed it was still unknown whether the show would run beyond the start of 2006!

I'd still like to believe that he was always going to play the game as completely straight as he did, just without the ''I'll beat him and eat him!'' aspect.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club
Forum Games Moderator

This fan club has the royal seal of approval. Je suis Dan - et je suis IN! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:58 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

The Warlord
Clare27 (?)
ME!
Davao
BankerSpanker
American Coupon Boy
Hogwild94
JamesJMH91
Brick
Daniel123

Eleven - I think that's enough!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
SEX

Sadly that doesn't work for Skyline ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club
Forum Games Moderator

Skyline wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
SEX

Sadly that doesn't work for Skyline ;)

I'd say it works for me, but then, that depends on the, you know, the logistics, the specifics of the matter - sex by whom, with whom, for what - or indeed, whose - sake?

To quote Stevie Riks, 'a gay chap who lived in Khartoum/took a lesbian up to his room/they argued all night about who had the right to do what, and with which, and to whom...'

:shock: :eyes:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The ALL-NEW Andy Kelly fan club

Look, guys, if you want to set up a 'sex' thread, by all means do so.

THIS one's for appreciation of Andy Kelly. Him and SEX being mentioned in the same thread would unnerve him should he ever find this website again.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]