Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: I know this was a few years back but.....

Warnings: 0
I know this is going back a few years but, i'm just wondering about the sudden disappearance of contestant Yvonne who was on the wings for the last 3 shows of Season 4, but mysteriously disappeared at the start of Season 5 and never returned (She stood in E3, had long-ish dark brown hair, had what sounded like a very thick Glasgow accent, looked like she was in her late 30s/early 40s and was replaced by Heather on the first show of S5)

I also seem to remember her behaviour in her 3 shows she was there - She seemed pretty happy and part of the group in Irene and Cyril's when she was chosen to open her box (of course, being a non-playing contestant she had minimal camera exposure, although they did do a close-up of her smiling after she revealed the £100k in Cyril's game after he dealt).

But she did seem a bit different in Calum's game - She didn't seem too happy when she was asked to open her box and sighed "You deserve to win big money" in an unhappy-sounding way, and if you watched closely at in the end credits when all the other contestants joined Calum at the table, Yvonne left the wings last and instead of joining the others at the table, she just seemed to walk past the group around the table and out the door! :? (So there were obviously signs in Calum's game that she knew she was leaving by then)

I'm still curious as to exactly why Yvonne left and didn't return, i remember seeing speculation on here that she was kicked off as she went on Golden Balls (and won £20,000 or something on there) before coming to DoND, which might seem a bit far-fetched for her to be kicked off for being on another game show (You don't get that with other shows like 'The Chase') :?

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: I know this was a few years back but.....

She didn't declare any previous game show appearances and this apparently broke the rules, so out on her ear she went.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:44 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: I know this was a few years back but.....

So Yvonne is indeed on the DoND blacklist of contestants who were kicked off along with CJ and Ryan (both of which stood in E4, did 8 shows and were kicked off for conflict with the other players)

[ 3 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]