Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

catgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:55 pm    Author: catgirl    Post subject: Put me out of my misery!

Warnings: 0
I went for my DOND audition in London 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know whether I should have heard by now? They said that they would only let you know if you were successful but there was no mention when this would be. Can anyone who has been on the show let me know how long it was before they heard and whether it was by phone/letter :?
I have my fingers crossed but hope is fading fast....

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:13 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Hi catgirl

Welcome to the forums. There are 3/4 other members here who have had auditions around the same time as you, I don't think they have heard anything back yet either. I'm sure they'll pop by later to let you know if they have.

There is a post over in the general section where they are chatting about the February auditions, it's well worth a read while waiting for some replies, heres a link straight to the topic February Auditions topic

Well done on getting the audition and fingers crossed you hear something soon.

catgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:03 pm    Author: catgirl    Post subject:

Thanks for the link and I love the site. It would be great if any other members who auditioned at Manchester or London at the beginning of February could drop me a line - I would just like to know one way or the other :smt100

flash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Author: flash    Post subject:

If it helps, I auditioned in December and heard a week later, but some of the other contestants on the show at the same time as me said they had auditioned months back and heard nothing until a few weeks before they were asked to be on.

I know they are getting hundreds of applications every day... Maybe drop them an email to see if they have decided yet?

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:07 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Hey Flash - good luck with your show, I hope you did better than Trevor did today!!

neefs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:03 am    Author: neefs    Post subject:

flash wrote:
I know they are getting hundreds of applications every day... Maybe drop them an email to see if they have decided yet?

Aparently if you send them an email to ask then you just get a standard back to say they can't provide that info or something. Haven't tried it myself but as they stipulated at the time of the audition that 'no' letters were becoming too much of a logistical nightmare to continue with them I kinda think its a non starter. I'm in the same place as you ...... check my tag :lol: keep a check on the thread posted above as there are a few of us watching that to see if anyone gets 'the call'

Good luck :-D

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:07 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

What do you actually audition for? How good you are at opening boxes.... :?

flash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:55 pm    Author: flash    Post subject:

neefs wrote:
flash wrote:

Aparently if you send them an email to ask then you just get a standard back to say they can't provide that info or something.

Oh, ok :( I think they must be getting a stupid number of applicants since the 230 new shows were commissioned last year.

Good luck to anyone who has applied.

neefs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:02 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

nick wrote:
What do you actually audition for? How good you are at opening boxes.... :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good point - thats what I asked when they called to invite me. He said its basically just a get to know you session ( I think they want to wheedle out the loons :P )

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]