Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Warnings: 0
The last time we did one of these was when we had lovely people such as Mental Mickey and Billy frequently posting on here with pictures and the like, not to mention the enthusiasm...

And what makes it even harder is that the show is far less commercial than it used to be; now it's simply 22 players, the gameplay and a bit of comedy every now and then, meaning the only contestants we'd consider would be the really funny ones...

But yes, we should at least discuss this possible rejuvination :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:57 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Well, I'm certainly interested in this idea cause I've never heard of this before :-)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Sounds good even though I don't really understand it. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???
Administrator & Global Moderator

Is this like the thing Power5 did a few years back, where he did all the polls for each wing position? I think Billy then did a visual representation of the results.... if I remember correctly.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Yes! Sorry for being too vague about it! :oops:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Billy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:14 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Ooh yep, I remember that :)

Here are the signature pics I helped create with Power5 way back in April 2007, in the middle of Season 2:

Full size east wing pic is online at http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8692 ... ingph8.jpg .

In November 2007 a new poll was done and there were quite a few surprises - would never have imagined Bunney to be replaced by Alan, for example:

And for those wanting a closer look, the original, full size images are still online at http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2603 ... v07mr6.jpg and http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2005/i ... v07tg4.jpg . They took me absolutely hours :oops:

Any ideas of possible new contenders if this were to take place now? I imagine Clive would almost certainly get E1. What other really popular contestants have there been since then?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

I think Alan got voted for over Bunney becuase with Bunney being such a "Marmite" character, I think lots of people voted for Alan to so Bunney didn't stay (irrespective of how much they liked Alan)! I preferred Alan over Bunney think think I'd have preferred Little Rich over both of them at the time, and I'm almost certain that now it would be Natalie over all 3! ;-)

Actually for a NEW E1 vote, it would be pretty tight between farmer Clive and h2005 I think!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

I think E4 or E5 was Gill Lee - Ireland who I would vote for. I think there's a chance Zanna could replace Siobhan as well.

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???
Forum Games Moderator

Definitely current Natalie in W11.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

I would have from this year:
1. Harold
2. Julie
11. Natalie
12. Nat

I have only thought of them so far. I say let's do it.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:27 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Well that last line-up was done somewhere towards the end of 2007 (JC is the last player to play in it chronoligically), so really anyone from the end of 2007 onwards would be a candidate to "usurp" the current choice!

I'd guess my votes would be:

W1: Lance (keep)
W2: Roger (New)
W3: Jeff (keep)
W4: Walter (new)
E5: Clare-Louise or Nic (not completely sure about that one!)
W6: VERY hard to decide between Harry and Dirk!!
W7: Joyce (Feb 10)
W8: Calum (new)
W9: Charly (keep)
E10: Den (keep)
W11: Natalie (new)

E1: Farmer Clive (new)
E2: Pat M (keep)
E3: Don't think there's anyone obvious over Giorgio, possibly Jonny the tramp but I'm not sure if he'd already played by the second poll? Or maybe Geraint.
E4: Accidental Wakeyist Mary (new)
E5: JC (keep)
E6: Jim R (keep)
E7: Mad Sarah (keep)
E8: I want VENTRESS reinstating. :D (If not him then Barry from summer '08)
E9: £100k Betty
E10: Keep Siobhan, I would have considered Eunice but there's enough old women already. :)
E11: I think keep Stevie, though I think I preferred Miserable Brian from summer 07 over her anyway. :)

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

I would definatly have £75k Amy and QM Alice on the forum favourite line-up

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:57 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Yes and also JWB and Kim from this year. Replace Den with Corinne and Brenda (I think) with 35k Tracey although I'm not completely sure where she was.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Right then we better sort this!

The polls would be too cluttered to include everyone so we're going to set up 22 threads soon, one every few days, and each one will be for a wing position. In the thread, put down a player you WANT in the wing line-up, even if it's a classic or current line-up contestant :) THEN we will have polls up to decide who from those mentioned.

We'll begin this either soon or at the start of the summer break, whichever is more appropriate :)

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

It'd probably be better to do it sooner rather than later, as the forum is traditionally quiet over the summer break.

I think I'll set up a sub-forum in this section for you to set the polls up in, as the polls cluttered the place when Power5 did this last time, and people who weren't interested in them (understandably) got a bit unhappy about it.

How does that sound?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Sounds brilliant - yes it was too cluttered last time! And yes the forum is traditionally quiet in the summer :lol:

Once it's up, set me the usual sub-forum moderation powers and we'll get this ball rolling! :D

James1978

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Looking forward to this!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Well the show has become more commercial, and as a consequence the enjoyment factor has slightly declined as far as the forum's concerned...we need some revival!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

Big-Davey wrote:
Sounds brilliant - yes it was too cluttered last time! And yes the forum is traditionally quiet in the summer :lol:

Once it's up, set me the usual sub-forum moderation powers and we'll get this ball rolling! :D

I've created the sub-forum now, which is available here - viewforum.php?f=96 (or via the index page or at the top of the Contestants page).

Unfortunately you don't have any mod rights in that sub-forum at the moment, as it'd be a bit of a mess trying to set it up (as I can't just copy the permissions across like I do for the forum member series sub-forums!). You should be alright without them though - so you can get cracking on it all as soon as you like! :smt023

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New Forum Wing Line-Up???

No probs! I'm sure it'll all be fine still :)

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]