Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

aliciao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:21 pm    Author: aliciao    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
She just didnt like interacting with the group and when she did she would say inappropiate things in front of the older members of the group. She also complained about how much we talked about the show and how were planning to play our game when our turn came. Basically, she never went for the experience, she went for the cash and she never deserved it. As Tracey and Lee said though, she did also offend several people too. I probably shouldn't say any of this but its the truth. I just dont think she realised how she was behaving but im sure she is extremely sorry now!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Just my thoughts exactly - the whole getting booted off the show is adequate punishment enough.

As with anyone you meet though, there's ALWAYS someone worse, after all!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

aliciao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: aliciao    Post subject:

I think the fundamental elements of the show include the close relationships between the contestants because you can clearly tell that they care about the player. Without that, its just 22 strangers opening boxes.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

She still must have done something pretty bad to actually get the producers to kick her off? Otherwise they would have just played her early like Janelle and got it over with, one more filming day would have put her in to a double-figure number of shows at which point you could pick someone to play without the viewers really suspecting anything strange was going on.

(By the way what does CJ stand for, did she ever tell anyone?)

Last edited by Power5 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

You're probably helping me loads, Alicia. Love you loads as it is, but you're un-nerving me a lot now - see, if I get a certain callback in the next few weeks (gotta have optimism), I want to hopefully make friends for life on the show :)

Just like you, and hundreds of others before you did :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

george

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

It would have been funny if she had played - everyone on the wings would almost be willing for her to win a low amount.

aliciao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:35 pm    Author: aliciao    Post subject:

I'm not going to go into detail about what she actually said as that is not fair on CJ or more importantly on the people she insulted. However, she was sent home because she did not deserve to play.
Davey you have absoloutely nothing to worry about my dear! People like that are on in a million and they just seem to slip through the net. 99.9% of contestants are fantastic, amazing people who you will make friends with for life. Have you had an audition???

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

If I get a call back in the next couple of weeks, I will be.

And bearing in mind with the huge backlog of applications they now have, to even get the phonecall I got last week is lucky enough!

So even with keeping my feet on the grond, I'm quite optimistic!

aliciao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: aliciao    Post subject:

I wish you the best of luck Davey, I'm sure you would make a fab contestant! Give me a little pm if you get a call and let me know how it goes??

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

george wrote:
It would have been funny if she had played - everyone on the wings would almost be willing for her to win a low amount.

If they hadn't banned the chants as well, they could have got them all going "RED, RED, RED!"

More than likely though it would have just been a flat atmosphere with the others not really getting into the game and little reaction afterwards, like it was when Janelle played.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

aliciao wrote:
I wish you the best of luck Davey, I'm sure you would make a fab contestant! Give me a little pm if you get a call and let me know how it goes??

Will do, def! :crossfingers:

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Power5 wrote:
george wrote:

If they hadn't banned the chants as well, they could have got them all going "RED, RED, RED!"

More than likely though it would have just been a flat atmosphere with the others not really getting into the game and little reaction afterwards, like it was when Janelle played.

Interesting stuff about CJ.

Did we ever find out why the contestants were so cold with Janelle?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Possibly same reasons, but back then the show didn't have as huge a reputation so they thought they could afford to keep her on the show until she played.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hmm I did hear Pennie didn't like her that much :?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:52 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I wish you the very, very, very best of Luck Davey and may you be a very good contestant if you get through :P :D

Maltus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:22 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
george wrote:

Agreed. But keeping my ear to the ground these sorts of contestants do crop up occasionally. I have heard from one former contestant who when playing his game, at a really good point in his show, picked one such person to open their box. Instead of the usual 'good luck', she replied 'I hope I've got the quarter of a million'. obviously the comment was edited out, and she got to play her game, but many people on the wings disliked her.

So these bad apples must slip through the net every now and again, (to mix a couple of metaphors!)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

aliciao wrote:
Only just read the post that said cj was mean to me?? Thats not entirely accurate.

Sorry Alicia I only pasted what Lee said on the ilovedealornodeal site.

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:39 am    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

Thanks, Alicia for sharing with us more of what happened.

It still strikes me though that there must have been something in particular she did/said that made the production team take the decision to withdraw her from the game. Being unpopular with the others doesn't seem justification enough for not allowing her to play her game.

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Maltus wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
george wrote:

Agreed. But keeping my ear to the ground these sorts of contestants do crop up occasionally. I have heard from one former contestant who when playing his game, at a really good point in his show, picked one such person to open their box. Instead of the usual 'good luck', she replied 'I hope I've got the quarter of a million'. obviously the comment was edited out, and she got to play her game, but many people on the wings disliked her.

So these bad apples must slip through the net every now and again, (to mix a couple of metaphors!)

Didn't Lisa say that to Steve and then reveal it?

george

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

Which Lisa and which Steve?

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]