Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 am Last visit was: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:45 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I suppose it could have been down to something that happened at the hotel... though would have to be very serious to justify a red card from the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Power5 wrote:
H said on another thread there was a rumour about someone being kicked off the show!

I had heard a rumour that a female player was kicked off the show about now, but apparently the person who was kicked off arrived at the hotel, etc. but never actually appeared on the show. I never did find out what her name was though, so we can't be sure it's CJ. I guess this also means we won't know what the (presumably) nickname "CJ" stood for... unless a current contestant would like to enlighten us!

Profile E-mail  

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

maybe she hated danielle, they had a major bitch fight cos she won 45k and she vandalised the hotel...

she did sit down through games, maybe she was ill.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Yes, I guess we could have put two and two together and made 250,000 here! There may be a completely innocent explanation why she's disappeared and maybe she does eventually return and play her game, perhaps a contestant can tell us more?

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:
she did sit down through games, maybe she was ill.

A lot of players seem to sit down these days... I don't think they used to have stools, but they seem to nowadays, as can be seen when the camera does a shot from "behind" the wings.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Yes, I guess we could have put two and two together and made 250,000 here! There may be a completely innocent explanation why she's disappeared and maybe she does eventually return and play her game, perhaps a contestant can tell us more?

Good point... I seem to remember when Joseph left the wings, Noel didn't mention anything about it, and the C4 site even put a section in their FAQs page as they had so many e-mails asking where Joseph had gone!

Profile E-mail  

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:41 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I noticed yesterday that she didn't applaud Danielle at all, seemed disinterested every time i spotted her. Please stop going on about her legs, she's a woman, they all have legs!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:54 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

sure tracy will say once she signs on again

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

She is gone!!

Yhe person that was going was kicked off before her first show. It would have been the woman who Replaced Brenda. I got that from Suez...

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:20 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

What was the reason for that contestant being kicked off the show?

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:

I don't think Suezan was ever told much detail... I don't think she even knew the name of the person. I'm assuming it was either an incident in the hotel or the contestant got called away / fell ill at the last minute before filming. Apparently £100k Maria replaced her...

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

whay I always wondered is how come suezan gets to all the deal reunions and stuff when shes never even been a contestant?

If CJ wasn't the woman who got the boot then maybe she had to be called away due to unforeseen circumstances.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Found this thread on C4 forum:

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5740097014/m/8640012529?r=9270092529#9270092529

Read the post by "mokimo" who, from reading his/her other posts, is a contestant who appears on the wings next week!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

LOl well she looked the type, so who knows?

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:02 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:

It was a lady called Marie I think who behaved VERY rudely and didn't even to get to do 1 show before being sent home! To Be honest, CJ seemed a bit rude on the wings.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

That C4 thread with the future player posting, have another read of it - that's what happened! She was obviously either not a very nice person or she was a violent drunk. Doubt it's the latter though.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I was going to say what confuses me here is that a woman was supposed to replace Brenda - she played in battle of the sexes where all the women were being replaced by men and vice-versa. Brenda was replaced by James, and I can't see how they could have put another woman there given they were trying to fill the wings up with men. Unless you mean 57k Brenda?

I have to say some of CJ's box openings seemed a bit odd edit-wise - they must have edited out anything she said, obviously they had to show the box value and couldn't blank her face out, but they would have wanted to put in as little of her as possible!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:46 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Found this thread on C4 forum:

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5740097014/m/8640012529?r=9270092529#9270092529

Read the post by "mokimo" who, from reading his/her other posts, is a contestant who appears on the wings next week!

i wonder why she was so rude to everyone, seems very bizzare if you get on the show to do that.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:49 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Maybe she was just brought up to think that her behaviour was acceptable.

Last edited by cookie_monster on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:06 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

To quote the 'Non Voluntary Departure' section from the DOND application form (which is still on my coffee table all these months on...)

It says..

The Deal or No Deal team may ask any contestant to leave the show immediately if they behave inappropriately. Inappropriate behaviour includes (but is not limited to) the following:

- Swearing or being blasphemous
- Directly or indirectly mentioning products, brands or company names on set
- Behaving in a way that could cause offence to either fellow contestants and/or members of the viewing public
- Violent or abusive behaviour or trying to intimidate any other contestant (physically or verbally)
- Saying anything which is calculated to bring Deal or No deal or the Company or Channel 4 into disrepute.
- Damaging the hotel, the studio, the holding areas or its contents
- Making allegations either recklessly or knowing them to be false or libellous/slanderous
- Deliberately misleading the Company on any significant matter prior to contributing to the show.

If a contestant behaves in an unacceptable way and refuses the request of the Deal or No Deal team to modify their behaviour, then he/she will be required to leave the show immediately. If anyone refuses to leave then they will be forcibly removed by security. To be clear, the Company has the right to eject contestants without any warning and completely at its discretion if it thinks the contestants behaviour warrants it. Contestants will in this instance forfeit their right to receive any prize money and/or any prizes won at that point.

Such decisions will be entirely at the discretion of the Deal or No Deal team and there will be no appeal against such decisions, nor will contestants be eligible for any financial compensation.

- The producers' decision is final with regard to ejecting or removal of a contestant and as to whether that contestant should forfeit his or her prize money and/or prizes.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]