Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Warnings: 0
At the time, it was the biggest crash to a blue win ever - a record John held for 15 months until Kirsty beat it by just over a grand...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G
Administrator & Global Moderator

"The Banker" wrote:
John G’s game today. Judge John G Indeed!

Haha, when I saw that you'd started this thread, the first thing I thought of was...

JUDGE JOHN G INDEED!

I can't even remember how it started, but I think it was because 22identicalboxes said "Indeed" a lot, and "John G" sort of rhymes with "Judge John Deed" and "indeed"... hence Judge John G Indeed. It's quite obvious when you think about it. :lol:

It even comes up in Google - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22jud ... 66&bih=664

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

I know that was a pretty bad no deal at £25k but having seen these repeats I do actually think John was a great contestant and he was great encouragement for the others so this was quite a sad crash really. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Yeah, saw this on Challenge for the first time since original transmission...for once Noel looks furious when he says No Deal to that £25k, perhaps because John had gone on about how huge and life-changing money it is...and then when he says No Deal Noel just stares at him in horror, followed by a "WHAT made you say THAT?".

Of course, we had Fin just after take an even bigger gamble, but that was a bit more easier to understand as Fin seemed much more of a gambler and the other contestants were willing him on. This one just seemed to come out of nowhere...credit to him for being brave, though!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Brick wrote:
At the time, it was the biggest crash to a blue win ever - a record John held for 15 months until Kirsty beat it by just over a grand...

Well there was Simone who played a few months after John G, who no-dealt £25,500 (£500 more than John G's offer) and crashed to a pound :(

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Whoops, forgot about that one - I've only seen bits of Simone's game and I'd forgotten how much she turned down.

Still, it must have felt like a real shocker of a result at the time, especially as we'd only had a handful of blue wins by that point.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Simone's 5-box board was much better than John's though - she had the £250k instead of his £50k.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

This was one of the first games I'd ever watched in its entirety back when it originally aired in 2006. I was screaming for John to deal at £25,000, as that's what I'd have done, but he decided to let greed consume him and press on.

I don't want to say a bad thing, but John kinda deserved what he got when he declined that offer. The game tends to punish those who decline good offers, and that's what happened here.

To date, it was one of the worst games I'd ever seen, but then I watched Trevor Bruce's game soon afterwards, and I needed some serious brain bleach after that debacle. Thankfully, I was able to find some, but I seriously felt ill after watching that game. Naturally, so did everyone else who saw it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Hawker5ive wrote:
This was one of the first games I'd ever watched in its entirety back when it originally aired in 2006. I was screaming for John to deal at £25,000, as that's what I'd have done, but he decided to let greed consume him and press on.

I don't want to say a bad thing, but John kinda deserved what he got when he declined that offer. The game tends to punish those who decline good offers, and that's what happened here.

To date, it was one of the worst games I'd ever seen, but then I watched Trevor Bruce's game soon afterwards, and I needed some serious brain bleach after that debacle. Thankfully, I was able to find some, but I seriously felt ill after watching that game. Naturally, so did everyone else who saw it.

For once, I completely agree with Hawker5ive. He turned down the mean on a 2 box game where there was a 30% of disaster and only a 10% chance of a significantly higher offer. He is up there with the most reckless contestants of all time and deserved to crash.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:01 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02/06 - John G

Hawker5ive wrote:

May I point out that Trevor's game was:

a) A suspected fix - due to "Sequencegate", it was known about in the live game commentaries after the first few boxes that he had the 1p in the box, so the banker would have gave him crap offers knowing that, and

b) If he had dealt one of his £9,900 offers and had the £250k in the box, it would have been at the time the record-lowest selling of the £250k by less than half (at the time the "record" was £22k)........

So in reality, Trevor's game was nothing like John's. :)

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]