Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:51 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Back to the start?!

Warnings: 0
So today we had Gill's game at 6pm, first shown January 2006, and now we have...the first ever episode again?

Did they really just buy the first 65 episodes? If so that's somewhat disappointing :( Great to see them all again but there were some amazing shows coming up I was hoping to rewatch...

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Aww no, it does look horribly like they've only bought the first series, as I believe Gill's was the final episode of series 1. :( (Of course, by "series", I'm referring to the filming series and not the on-screen seasons.)

Someone said on here that Challenge had bought the first 5 years' worth of DoND, but I couldn't find anything on the internet to back that up. The TV schedules show that after tomorrow, they're not showing any more DoND until at least the New Year. So hopefully, if/when they start showing them again, they'll pick up from the beginning of series 2.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

And here was me really wanting to see Julie's game tomorrow. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

That explains why there was only one game on yesterday they've gone back to the beginning.

It's possible they may have only bought the first 65 shows as a tester to see if they would draw an audience, with an option on further episodes. Much like 4 did in the first place

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

They repeated show #2 (Mark) at 6pm, and show #3 (Anita) is currently airing. The TV schedules I looked at now go up to 5th Jan, and there's no sign of DoND on Challenge in the new year. :( So it may be a while before we get to see any more DoND on there, and we may have to wait even longer to see any shows post-Gill's!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:16 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Seems like they're now gone forever and they're showing World's Strongest Man now instead. (Though we may just see Loz on there!)

Even if they did go back to the start again, I'd have liked to have seen the late 2005 episodes, as I only got Challenge 2 weeks before Christmas so the first repeat I saw was Louise's - there's even a week and a half of which I'd NEVER seen, they repeated old games on More 4 in summer 2006 then on Sundays after that up until the start of 2007, the last one of which I believe was Jeff's :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

They've rewound again

Instead of moving onto Sam's game they've gone all the way back to Julie's game

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

richie4eva1 wrote:
They've rewound again

Instead of moving onto Sam's game they've gone all the way back to Julie's game

My reaction to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4

;-)

(Actually in all seriousness I'm about 10 games behind on HD so this'll give me chance to catch up!!!)

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Bearing in mind Sam's was the first hour-long show, could it be - gasp - they've skipped the hour-long shows?! If it's Lisa's tomorrow then they have.

Bloody hope not as I was massively looking forward to shows like that, Marcus, Jim R and Morris!!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Some people say it doesn't matter if they skip Jim R's show. But IT REALLY MATTERS AND I'M ANGRY!!!!! :laughing :laughing :laughing

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Fast forward and they have skipped over Sam's game and gone straight to Lisa :(

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Would have liked to have seen Sam's show as I've only seen clips of it in the HoF. Likewise Marcus but not bothered about that as I reckon he'll do my head in.

Jim on the other hand......

Who else had hour-long shows come to think of it? There's ALL the evening shows in Double-Deal week. PLEASE tell me JT's show wasn't an hour......

Hopefully they'll find hour-long slots to show them at some other time.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:58 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Morris's show was something ridiculous like 65 minutes! So we probably won't be seeing that either :(

However, we're currently in March 2006 so right in the peak of the show's golden-era. Germaine's was shown yesterday and we've still got tons and tons of memorable shows to come - including Pat M, and my favourite show ever, Gaz!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

My Sky Box played up and I didn't see last night's (Wednesday's) games. As they're showing Flash now, I presume they showed Patrick and Mad Sarah and missed Marcus?

(At least I still have Sarah's game on video from when it was repeated in 2007) :)

God, they're so not showing Jim R. I'd give a body part to see Jim R's game in full. ;-)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

James1978 wrote:
My Sky Box played up and I didn't see last night's (Wednesday's) games. As they're showing Flash now, I presume they showed Patrick and Mad Sarah and missed Marcus?

(At least I still have Sarah's game on video from when it was repeated in 2007) :)

God, they're so not showing Jim R. I'd give a body part to see Jim R's game in full. ;-)

Yes it was Patrick and Mad Sarah on Wednesday, Marcus was skipped over

So highly likely Jim R is going on the scrapheap as well at least for now anyway

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

HOPEFULLY they're saving them until they have an hour slot somehwere rather than having to fit two into an hour and a half. :)

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Presumably they've bought them, so they'll surely want to show them. Including all the Spring 2006 Saturday hour-long shows, and the double-deal week ones, they must have about 10 - 15 to show. Hopefully they'll consecutively air one each night for a few weeks at some point.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

It’s a shame that they’re skipping the hour-long shows, though I did have a feeling they might do this. I was extremely looking forward to them as well. :( Sam’s, Marcus’s, Jim R’s and Morris’s games were absolute classics. If Challenge have bought them then fingers crossed they will show them at some point. I really hope so anyway.

But besides from that I am really enjoying these March 2006 repeats. How good is it to see some of those fantastic games and contestants again?! I still think Feb-April 2006 was the greatest era of DOND ever.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:14 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

March '06 was great! At last remembered to watch one...

Shame it's £1 Barbara's game but...

Lucy, Pat G, Aaron, Cheeseman! Lots of others I'm struggling to remember much about! Old catchphrases like Red Box Club and Entertainment Drama... will have to make a point of watching more of these as there were some real classics in this era.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Matt's game! Just had the moment when someone on here famously stated "The Banker knows what's in the boxes" if I remember correctly...

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]