Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:19 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

Warnings: 0
Had to do a commentary for my legendary namesake; turns out he's from the same county as me too!

Felt mildly surreal when he appeared on the east wing in these repeats, as we'd only recently spotted him there the month before for the live shows! :lol:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

Gavin had box 20.
Arlette had box 18.
Vaughan had box 13.

:smt023

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:16 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick
Global Moderator

First ever 1p winner! Who'd have thought back then that there'd be 39 other 1p winners almost six years later!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

"The Banker" wrote:
Gavin had box 20.
Arlette had box 18.
Vaughan had box 13.

:smt023

Thanks! All updated.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick
International Forums Moderator

Forgotten amongst the result - Nick was the second contestant (after Andy K) to ask for the question, and the first one to get it immediately after being asked (well, apart from the hilarious fake question - I remember commentating on this game at Bother's Bar at the time and looking up the answer. Huddersfield Town, for the record.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

Sad to have missed this, but then I think I have it on DVD from a 2007 repeat somewhere :D Not only is this a classic because of the milestone 1p win, but also in the way Nick took it - laughing and smiling all the way, the best way to play the game and makes those who've cried after dealing at £26,000 look a bit silly in comparison.

Check out tonight's 6pm show on Challenge for another DOND first!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick
Administrator & Global Moderator

I noticed Noel referred to the "powerful five" in this episode - is that the first time he'd (almost) referred to the "power five"?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

One further correction people have missed:

At the final offer:

Nick: £30?

Noel: £20.

Nick: Ahh, see I'd have gone at £30!

You put the offer and guess the other way round :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

I think Nick's final offer was £30 but he said he'd have gone at £40. :ponder:

Am I right in saying that Nick got his phone out and asked if he could ring in and take part in the viewer's competition? Of course the viewers competitions are all cut from the Challenge repeats (which will be interesting when it comes to PJ's game!).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

Ahhh yes!!! He guessed £40 and it was £30!

Either way, Brick still needs to amend! ;)

I loved Nick's humour at the end anyway, indeed asking if he could get his mobile out and try for the phone-in prize! For the 1st birthday show (I THINK it was the first birthday show at least?) Nick was back opening one of the phone-in boxes, then cheekily pointing to himself "For me??" grinning his head off!

Was also brilliant to see him return for the LIVE shows earlier this year too! :) His best moment for me was him desperately trying to remind Noel one final box had to be opened before the end of the show and he was being ignored so he just opened it himself!! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

I THINK it was the 500th show where loads of ex-contestants were in the audience when Nick opened the box for the phone-in competition. It didn't last very long after that!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

Amended. I thought £20 was mentioned somewhere but perhaps I misheard.

And yes, it was the 500th show that Nick opened a phone-in box (I think Tax-Free Harry was one of the other openers).

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

h2005 wrote:
Of course the viewers competitions are all cut from the Challenge repeats (which will be interesting when it comes to PJ's game!).

I presume they'll just keep that one in for that particular game so it won't look odd.

Noel: "PJ, sorry it's only 1p"
Everyone looks devastated. :(
*Edit*
Everyone looks happy. :D
Noel: "...PJ, £15,000! See you tomorrow."
*credits*

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

"The Banker" wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Of course the viewers competitions are all cut from the Challenge repeats (which will be interesting when it comes to PJ's game!).

I presume they'll just keep that one in for that particular game so it won't look odd.

I was thinking the same, but I was wondering if they had to cut the competition out altogether for legal reasons (you know what TV companies are like these days since all the phone-in stuff). It'd be weird if they did cut it altogether from PJ's game, so I hope they at least keep the bit where PJ wins the £15k!

Or maybe they'll chicken out altogether and not show PJ's at all. I'm guessing they may skip the occasional hour-long shows in 2006 too, unless they edit them down to 45 minutes (although I suppose they could still show a 60-min DoND and put a 30-min filler on afterwards, if they wanted to fill a 90-min slot).

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/01/06 - Nick

It'll be SUCH an anti-climax if they miss out Jim R and Morris! :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]