Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a crap game, we've seen some shockers recently in terms of the way the boxes have gone but that has to be the worst since Philomena's! Having £250 in your (original) box seems to ensure a terrible game for some reason.

Great to see him take it so well though, as everything went wrong for him from the very first round right up to the final insult of the bad swap! 4 blues and a £1,000 in the last 8 shows, let's hope someone can turn it round tomorrow.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

yes it was horrible as well. More horrible even given that there were nasty twists at the end rather than extreme relentless bad luck. If he'd stuck with the same box, he would have had the same result as well (which would have been less painful than a fiver)!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Extraordinary. Almost unrelenting bad luck from beginning to end, I think the only positive to take from that is that Power5's got an online game to produce... :)

Only Beryl or greeny would have won anything more than £250, quite extraordinary!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:34 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That was horrible. Manuel never really had a chance to deal for anything decent. A trainwreck from start to finish.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Extraordinary. Almost unrelenting bad luck from beginning to end, I think the only positive to take from that is that Power5's got an online game to produce... :)

This "occasional series" is looking quite a long list already! The amount of blue/£1,000 winners since mid-May is quite remarkable...

Mummy Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:52 pm    Author: Mummy Michelle    Post subject:

I was gutted for Manuel at the time and it is no better the second time around, he is such a nice man an deserved so much more. :(

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I was feeling a bit depressed this afternoon, and when I saw it was Manuel, I thought it was bound to cheer me up, but that was the worst game ever, its amazing how many times £250 either gets won or gets swapped for a lower blue!

I think he looked more like Roy (1) than Welsh Peter to be honest...

I thought the best bit of the game was Annie's box opening in all truth! :)

And I thought the second offer of £5k was REALLY good at the time, becuase the way the reds were arranged (three equidistant blocks of two) were exactly the same as they were at the second break in Massimo's game, but obviously with more blues on the board earlier in the game. Massimo got offered £7,400 after hitting the £1k, so I was think Manuel needed two rounds with five blues and the 1k to get to a similar position, so in comparison £5k two rounds earlier was high, but not to the point where I'd expect anyone to deal. Never in a month of Sundays did I think it would be £3,400 higher than any subsequent offer, even allowing for £50k being the biggest remaining value! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

stezza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:22 pm    Author: stezza    Post subject:

Manolo is a great guy, and Jackie is lovely as well ! I was so gutted for them both, and you could just make out me fighting back the tears at the end as we made our way to the craxy chair - deserved so much more ! Love them both to bits

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

OW. horrible game, nd a peak offer of £5,000. Almost like geordie's game except the man didnt deal.[manolo that is]

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:39 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

What an awful game. I think that would have put me off my tea had I been eating it at the time. Seemed like a really decent chap though and, like Emi and 1p Nick, kept smiling to the end when there was nothing at all to actually smile about.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:28 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

There wasn't any offer really worth taking in that game.
I liked Manolo and there's not a lot you can say about such an unlucky
game.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:17 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I liked Manuel on the wings although I felt there was more character in him that wasn't used much - could be down to the editing but as with so many players on the wings, you can tell there is potential but it isn't often made full use of.

That game was shocking - probably the worst since Philomena's, and like hers, there were no dealable offers at all during the game. At least Philomena managed to get £250 out of the trainwreck of her game, but for poor old Manuel, it was £5! :shock: The unsuccessful swap at the end just rubbed salt into the wound.

It was an entertating but painful game from Manuel.

Well done to Manuel for keeping it together and taking the low win well!

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]