Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:42 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject: 16/06/07 Giorgio (Originally 22/07/06)

Warnings: 0
Original topic here: http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3190

This was the last show before the summer break. Giorgio and his hat!

There was one main(rather silly) reason I enjoyed Giorgio's game. I'll mention it at the end.

Oh... and it's not the little montage at the end, although I'm looking forward to seeing that again.

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:48 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

GEORGIO ROCKED

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

This is going to confuse a load of people who don't realise it's a repeat show, Noel saying that it's the last show for ages!

It's the first time this game's ever been repeated, as at the time More4 went straight into the classic repeats. Also the first time I've seen the first few minutes. When the 1p club bookmark was revealed it cut to closeups of Lindsay and Lance, wondered if that worried anyone at the time!

The original LTL subtitles are still available on 888 but I turned them on too late to see who did the voiceover. Interestingly no 'You'll be back' from Alex Lovell this time, but we will!

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:12 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Ah, Khanny did the voiceover.

"22 identical sealed boxes, 11 in the West Wing - ooh, Matt's joined us - and 11 in the East Wing..." It's weird to see 21 Season 2 players on the wings for a Season 1 game, there's people on the wings who joined in July and played in late September!

Were they the first blue chants in a while? I remember them not appearing much at all during that era.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:14 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I've never seen this game before. I was actually quite glad that I missed it, it sounded horrible.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:16 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
"22 identical sealed boxes, 11 in the West Wing - ooh, Matt's joined us - and 11 in the East Wing..." It's weird to see 21 Season 2 players on the wings for a Season 1 game, there's people on the wings who joined in July and played in late September!

Yeah, strange to see people like Swappy Matt there, he seems to belong more in the era of Harry, Jeff etc. than with this lot!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

The main reason I liked this show... is because it was the first show with a player win:viewer win ratio of 1:1,000,000. It could've been 1:2,000,000 or 1:5,000,000 if Emily Jane had chosen the right box :|

Oh wells!

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Also, after the way this week finished, it's ironic that it should be a 1p game on the Saturday classics! So the last three shows to be aired on C4 have produced a total win of 52p. :?

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:26 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Yay the montage!

Haha, Sarah opening £250,000. Daniel will be pleased. And a poem from her too!

Yay Pat M!

Anita and her bling, heehee. :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
Haha, Sarah opening £250,000. Daniel will be pleased. And a poem from her too!

Yeah, it's almost as if they knew how pissed off I'd be at the outcome of that game, so put that in just to cheer me up...

I said I wasn't going to watch this today 'cos it would just depress me but I decided it was preferable to English revision. But now I'm all upset...poor Giorgio.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Ah Giorgios game was very unlucky all the way through he didn't stand much of a chance.
Cool guy though unfortunate result for him:(.
I always smile when someone wins 1p though its amusing.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:49 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Quite interesting how last week the first game of Season 1 was shown and this week the last, and both had the four blues v £35k final five. There was a weird slipup at the start today where the Channel 4 ident played, followed by a trailer, followed by the BT sponsorship, which isn't the usual way.

I thought it was fitting that Lance was the first to hug Giorgio, given how they *were* Deal or No Deal for just under a month together. And during that montage I went crazy with pictures - to get those high quality ones I capture live off digital TV, so I can't go back if I've missed a picture, I just have to press 'Capture' as many times as possible and hope I've got a good picture. I still adore that 'funky piano' remix of the theme tune, though (also heard at Christmas), I'd pay good money for it!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What a flat atmospehere game that was - now I remember how annoyed I was especially with Sally and Connell fresh in the minds, and two other blue wins in the week! At least Giorgio seemed OK about it.

And I'd forgotten that Lance disuaded Giorgio from taking his box, and he had a massive 1 english pound. If that had been anyone but Lance, I'd have been cursing them to death, but, well, it was Lance.

And Emi looked well nice in her cropped top! ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
I thought it was fitting that Lance was the first to hug Giorgio, given how they *were* Deal or No Deal for just under a month together.

I think that's true, there were perhaps not many others who really made an impression from the wings in that last month of the series.

It's a shame that perhaps Giorgio is remembered more simply as a member of the 1p club than for all he contributed during his time on the wings and his game before it fell apart - although he did win his wing position poll I think he's a bit of a forgotten man in terms of the all-time legends!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
And I'd forgotten that Lance disuaded Giorgio from taking his box, and he had a massive 1 english pound. If that had been anyone but Lance, I'd have been cursing them to death, but, well, it was Lance.

I think Giorgio was pretty committed to his system so it didn't make much difference anyway! I was quite disappointed in Lance though...I thought he'd be too sensible for that rubbish...

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Suezan wrote:
GEORGIO ROCKED

Girogio suez.

One of the "sadder" games i saw, and now i've seen it twice - on TV and i recorded it.

Unlucky though, didnt even have an all blue round, highest offer was the first.....

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:14 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel123 wrote:
Suezan wrote:
GEORGIO ROCKED

Girogio suez.

Or even Giorgio, daniel! :D

george

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

It's like George, except with an 'i' instead of an 'e' and an 'io' instead of an 'e' ...duh..

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:38 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

george wrote:
It's like George, except with an 'i' instead of an 'e' and an 'io' instead of an 'e' ...duh..

Your avatar is still borked.

[ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]