Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I told her to swap!

Why didn't she listen? :(

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Well. Oh deary me.

And all because of some lousy banker with a big one [Erm, wad of cash i mean.....or that could be office.

anyway, well played sam

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Ouch. Well, I would have done the same, but I get the feeling she'd have turned down a lot more judging by what she said, and while I like calculated risks paying off, I don't like people who 'play the game' forgetting the first half of the title. Rodney seemed to be more of a calculated risk-taker, as proven by him not taking the final risk; Sam was not, and was punished (albeit without actually getting a chance to properly prove how reckless she really was).

Still horrible luck, any time I'd go all the way the judgement on the offers writes itself.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

johnr wrote:
Oh good Noel can shut up about 'What are the chances' now :lol:

I agree, it's just 50/50. but if I hadn't dealt the final offer which i was really unsure about, I definitely wouldn't have swapped either, bad luck to her. :(
She was brave for that and declining the previous offer.

I wouldn't have minded either if she'd taken the last offer and she had the 35K as the money meant a lot to her but it's a real shame to see courage not rewarded. The last offer was also pretty bad - the 3rd lowest blue vs 35K ever! But if I remember correctly, Steve from April last year dealt 7k in that situation and beat the banker!

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Severed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:06 pm    Author: Severed    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
Severed wrote:
Image[/img]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mike is severed???

Yep, that's me!

I was really gutted the way this show turned out for Sam. :(

'Specially for my first one!

KP wrote:
Interesting that Eric says No Deal while the others say Deal. I presume Eric's looking at the mean and the others at the volatility.

I'd No Deal, though it might not take much more to get me out. £4,000 would be a marginal call.

That sweep actually covered both wings, but they didn't show the west, a few others said No Deal.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Why is it that everyone who plays the day after a huge win always struggles to get anything decent? She really deserved the 35k after having to fight through what looked like a trainwreck! 8 grand was a terrible offer and everyone knows it!

I didn't think I would, but I really liked her when she got in the chair! Her stupid boyfriend said "take this offer whatever it is" at the end though, if he'd kept his big trap shut, she might have been offered something like 15k.

It always feels worse when someone gambles and wins a blue having had crap offers, than, say, Dennis! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Aww *beep*...I didn't like Sam on the wings but my opinion totally changed today, I really liked her and wanted her to do well. She was definitely right to take the gamble, just unlucky. :( This would have been the best week ever if she'd got the £35k...I guess it's still been one of the most exciting!

And the curse of the £1k seems to be lingering still - since Paul had it on Friday, both its neighbours have come to the table in all of the past three shows!

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:roll: Does Noel have to that same "At least they played the game their way and were true to themselves" speech every time they play to the end and lose? It wouldn't be so bad if he gave the same treatment to the players who dealt too early!!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Aww Sam :( Shame you didn't win the £35,000, but you were great :D Well done anyways!

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

What a shame, that was almost one of the great turnarounds. The Banker clearly read her (as I did, after the way she reacted to the disastrous first round) as someone who would take the first exit opportunity - as a result, the offers remained poor throughout.

I was surprised she didn't take the final offer, low as it was - hope Noel's "Mallyism" didn't have too much effect, as statistically she was just as likely to have the amount that was there yesterday! Let's hope the £750 era hasn't taken over from the £1,000 era...

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:35 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Two Wakeyist games in a row! Two Exciting and tense games in a row!

I had a bad 'early deal' feeling as soon as she mentioned the impending wedding. And tears before the first offer did not bode well for her resolution either. But a steady drip of high values and some lousy offers seemed to make her more determined.

It would have been sweet justice if her box had had the £35k as the Banker's £8k offer was nothing short of contemptuous. I know the great mass of 'dealers' here will say serve her right for not taking the £8k but it was so appalling I would much rather go home with £750 and my dignity than be bought for such a paltry amount.

Boyfriend looked hopping mad though but she played her own game with no outside meddling.

So top marks Sam for a gutsy and exciting game. £750 will get the kids a few treats from Toy R Us ;)

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I really thought that Sam's bravery should have
been rewarded with a better offer at 2 box than £8,000. :?

Well played Sam, sorry it wasn't the 35K.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Aww, poor Sam!!

suszie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:20 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

even though i did not really pay much attention to her on the wings, i so wanted her to have the £35,000.

I like how noel mentioned that the £750 could not possible be in the box two days in a row, did he forget about the £1,000 coming to the table about a hundred times.

Jon_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 pm    Author: Jon_    Post subject:

Feel really sorry for Sam, after the looks on her boyfriends face, when she gets home. With hindsight obviously she was silly to gamble if she needed the money that bad. But her boyfriend was the real loser - he could have given her more support/consolation at the end and acted with bit more dignity. Contestants come to the show with nothing and should realise they can easily end up with next to nothing.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I wish Sam had swapped, that would have made this week even better!

The last offer was awful, I think I would have turned it down.

JO!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Chantelle last had the £35,000 and I thought it was about time it came to the table again, but apparently not. But alot of twists and turns again, well done Sam!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:19 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

JO! wrote:
Chantelle last had the £35,000 and I thought it was about time it came to the table again, but apparently not. But alot of twists and turns again, well done Sam!

Shahid had it more recently, I think.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

8k was very mean!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

£8k was pretty mean. However, it was a clever offer. At the start of the show, Sam mentioned that she wanted to be a social worker (or something along those lines) and the cost of the course fees were about £8,000.

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]