Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 pm Last visit was: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
OH!

How much did Greame won?

I missed that one... :(

£101K, he had 5K on the table.

He had previously turned down 21k and 41k on an unstable board.

dond_rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject:

Heres a fact for you before today Rodney had never seen the £750 or 250k in his boxes.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That was fantastic! Rodney was a legend, too.

I knew a man would win £85k at some point in June, but I didn't know who would win it.

I wish Jon had had the £250k again, that would have been great.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Best Game Ever. Full stop

Things needed for a good game:

1. Good player - Check
    2. Strong board - Check
    3. 'WOW' No Deal - Check
    4. Huge win - Check
    5. Player victory - Check

3/5 and anyones welcome to join my awesome players club.

RODNEY DID THEM ALL

ENJOY THE MONEY!!

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

A great player and a wonderful result putting Rodney
at no. 8 in the all time chart.
It was very brave to no deal 35K at 5 box
as there was a 30% chance of going home with next to nothing!
Congratulations Rodney! :D

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

THAT ROCKED!!! I so wish I'd have gone on the Tuesday, I missed the filming of that game by just two days! Now I know what it was like for people who just missed Laura's!

I accidentally read a spoiler that someone was going to win £85k because someone mentioned me in the same thread, so I thought "Ooh, why'd they mention me?" and sillily scrolled up, but I had no idea who and when - I'd narrowed it down to either Rodney or Pippa as they both seem to have an aura about them like Joe from last week. One thing I'd add to Aaron's list is the round where everything goes a bit wrong, only to suddenly recover it in the end - see also Bunney's or Lynne's games!

Massively well done, Rodney, if that doesn't win Show of the Month I'll be very surprised! That bit at the end of round 6 where a practical riot started on the wings was legendary!

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:53 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great game, just what we needed after the last month of disappointing games! I knew there was an £85k winner coming up and suspected it might be Rodney, but wasn't expecting it until later in the week so wondered if I was wrong when he was called out today!

It's so long since we've had that combination of genuine gambler and strong board. In fact I'm surprised the Banker didn't put the offer into six figures, as he must have been worried he would go on and take him for a quarter of a million. Well done Rodney, hope this attitude and luck rubs off on the players to follow!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:18 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

how better is the game when he hasnt been doing stupidly low offers as usual.

tex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: tex    Post subject:

What a great show , i was lucky to be there for that show rodney was great, and i got to open one of the boxes at the end :lol:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Rockjack wrote:
how better is the game when he hasnt been doing stupidly low offers as usual.

HOW BAD is the game when he receives stupidly high offers all the way through? However he did treat all offers with the perfect attitude, the Wakey/Dan123 attitude, and GUESS WHAT??? gambling on £35k paid off.

So you see, people, using todays game, and Graeme's games as prime examples, Gambling is good.

6th highest dealer ever, making Rodney.....hmmm lets check my stats on Cookie monster's site........Our 8th highest winner EVER.

Good on ya Rodders

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

After weeks of crap we finally get an awesome player and an awesome game. A Wakeyist's dream. This is what the show is all about!

There was something about Rodney I just warmed to straight from the off. I suspected he was a gambler and I reckon the banker did too hence the decent offers. You've got to have the luck of the boxes though and he did.

Plenty of opportunities for the 'dealers' to wimp out throughout but Rodney was made of tougher stuff. Bankers tricks just rebounded and he walked with the huge amount he richly deserved.

I don't care what anybody says no-dealing nearly to the end makes an exciting game. If he'd dealt at either £25k offers it would have been an interesting (or for me deadly dull) game rather than an rousing, but tense one.

One of the best games of the year.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Daniel123, you can also see that, by using Khanny's, John G's, Fin's and Di's game as examples, gambling could sometimes be bad.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:47 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Rodney = Legend
Game = Fantastic.

Enough said..

Profile E-mail  

samboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Author: samboy    Post subject:

with the only fools and horses theme runnin thru his game, I'm surprised no-one said to him "this time tomorrow Rodney, you could be a quarter-mill-yenaire." :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well the £85,000 rumour was confirmed today. And I never suspected it would have been Rodney to have been the one. Well done, Rodney!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

wow what a game, well done rodney. i dont normally bite my nails but i have no nails left now lol. right deal at right time. great guy. what more can i say rodney is a legend

Profile E-mail  

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject:

Best game for a while.....well done Rodney...enjoy the £85k

Jim

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was THE best game ever - well since Graeme's anyway. No wait, Rodney was more of a character since Graeme. Barry? No, that felt like a "open the box whatever the offers" game. Doug? Possibly, but it was still an OPW. Bunney? No, it was ruined by a hypo swap! Laura? No, I knew the exact result beforehand....

So probably the best game of 2007! :)

I loved the way Rodney was saying "good luck" to all the players opening the boxes near the end, that shows how cool he was about the whole thing, it's people like that who really do give the banker something to think about - Khanny was the same! Adam looked like he was going to have a stroke, his hiding behind the benches was absolutely legendary! If you're a player on the wings in a situation like that, you really don't want to be picked! :)

And also great that his wife wasn't there - I bet she'd have made him leave at the second £35k offer at the very latest!

That was just the game the show needed, it had all the elements there, and the highest sale of a blue since Jennifer! :)

Rodney is a true legend of the game! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
That was THE best game ever - well since Graeme's anyway. No wait, Rodney was more of a character since Graeme. Barry? No, that felt like a "open the box whatever the offers" game. Doug? Possibly, but it was still an OPW. Bunney? No, it was ruined by a hypo swap! Laura? No, I knew the exact result beforehand....

So probably the best game of 2007! :)

I loved the way Rodney was saying "good luck" to all the players opening the boxes near the end, that shows how cool he was about the whole thing, it's people like that who really do give the banker something to think about - Khanny was the same! Adam looked like he was going to have a stroke, his hiding behind the benches was absolutely legendary! If you're a player on the wings in a situation like that, you really don't want to be picked! :)

And also great that his wife wasn't there - I bet she'd have made him leave at the second £35k offer at the very latest!

That was just the game the show needed, it had all the elements there, and the highest sale of a blue since Jennifer! :)

Rodney is a true legend of the game! :)

i agree. I was on the edge of my seat right until the box was opened and I was only 99.99% sure of the result. the way that game played out was amazing too. A great start, then picking out big reds in the middle then an extremely risky gamble at 5 box!
That was good how the 35k box was the middle box too as it left all or peanuts, just imagine if he'd picked 22 instead of 7, it would have been more painful than Trevor's game! :lol:

Noel's hyperbole was silly though. Derek had the same board at 8 box!

BlairM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

Excellent game. Nuff Said !

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]