Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
YAY What a game!

Round 6 Stats
Boxes left: 2
Mean: £0.75
Offer: £.71
Offer (%): 94.67%
Fair Deal: £0.73
Volatility: 2.00
Redometer: -17 (↓0)

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Zeddie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Haha, well done Penny :D Excellently played!!

betasub

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: betasub    Post subject:

I've been disappointed each of the past few days when a player deals for what appears to be a low offer on a strong board: and each time the proveout takes out all the big reds.... ah, what do I know? :oops:

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Well done Penny on £22,500.

I would have gone on and probably won 71p! :D

Muinimula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

She was brave to turn down her target, and I'm happy she dealt at the right time. It was one of those boards that could have gone either way - fortunately on this occasion, it went the right way after the deal. Not sure what I would have done - I was expecting a bit more than £22.5k, maybe nearer £25k. Difficult...

Well done, anyway - she got more than her target, got the most out of the game, and beat the Banker. Can't ask for much more than that.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Oh my days, that was absolutely amazing - a definite candidate for best proveout offer in my book! I love Penny, so imaging how distraught she would have been (not to mention me watching), made that game all the better in my view! It was of Melanie proportions, thats how great it was!

Games like that are just as good as 6 figure wins to me - knowing that the player would have gone with absolutely NOTHING if they'd played on, unlike Joe, even though he got a great OPW, he'd have still won something good if he'd gone to the end, but I would have won 71p there, and I can't imagine anyone no-dealing the £22,500 and dealing the £5k either!

And Penny was so lovely as well!! A game like that couldn't happened to a nicer young lady!

Well done Penny - you're a star! :D

(Off to watch the repeat now, it was THAT good!)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Well played great to see another game with a fab win for the player

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

This is more like it, players are actually having some luck! First Joe's game yesterday and now this!

Like Joe an awesome game for an awesome contestant, I really hope the rest of the month is the same. Really well done on that £22,500, Penny, definitely very chunky money!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Once again discretion proves the better part of valour in spectacular style. This is the age of safety-first producing first-class results and it's happened again! I'd like a big finish soon, sure, but this has been an interesting and probably welcome change, and at last we're seeing cautious OPWs for more than £10,000!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Penny - great result, and although a fairly cautious deal it proved to be perfect timing!

Having gone past her target it was obvious she was going to ignore the West Wing Wakeyists and go with Adam's advice. And it would have been a horrible ending if she had played on there.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The show has gone to pot.

Noel wanted a dreamer today and all we got was a Wakeyist nightmare. This lot are so feeble that the banker can insult them with pathetic offers and they still deal. Lets face it she would have walked if he'd stuck at £15,000.

Another spectacular crash during proveout will reinforce the cautiousness and I am seriously starting to doubt if the show will ever pick up from this current nadir. When contestants still deal a contemptuous offer with 3 of the power 5 still on the board what hope is there for a bit of excitement ever again.

She was a nice girl and I'm sure has fulfilled her modest goals but as she admitted she was there to make a bit of money and no more. Every contestant seems like this these days. No one wants to go for it any more.

I can see people switching off their droves if this continues.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

There's always been a lot of target-driven contestants, as far as I can remember... for every big gambler you will get several of these.

Do I remember you saying that you only started watching around last November though basicasic? If so you certainly picked the era of the Wakeyist, as over the next couple of months we had players who took on some huge risks and were rewarded for their courage - Lynne, Claudine, Laura, Bunney etc. And those who did deal early were often punished for it, as the £250k kept coming to the table.

Now we're back in the bad box cycle, and bad luck has promoted a perhaps unprecedented wave of caution. That will change at some stage, when we have a run of strong boards and a few contestants prepared to take a chance. But I don't know if we will ever see an era like we saw between Lynne and Bunney's games again.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

YAY! Penny! Woo!!! Great person, deserved the win!! :-D :-D :-D

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
The show has gone to pot.

Noel wanted a dreamer today and all we got was a Wakeyist nightmare. This lot are so feeble that the banker can insult them with pathetic offers and they still deal.

Isn't the object to beat the banker and not necessarily
go on to the end? Otherwise what is the point of having
a banker and having offers with shows that are unpredictable
because you don't know whether the contestants will
deal or no deal? Yes I would probably have gone on one more
round but it wouldn't have served me well, and Penny beat the banker
comprehensively today! It was a great show.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:04 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

That was the best game ever!!! I *beep* loved Penny and really wanted her to do well - I was hoping she would turn down that £22,500 because it certainly looked as if there was more in the board, but that proveout was amazing!! In the next four boxes after she dealt, she took out the four highest amounts left! :shock: If E2 didn't already have so many legends then Penny would definitely be a contender for the best player ever from there - she was awesome!

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:12 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
Do I remember you saying that you only started watching around last November though basicasic? If so you certainly picked the era of the Wakeyist, as over the next couple of months we had players who took on some huge risks and were rewarded for their courage - Lynne, Claudine, Laura, Bunney etc. And those who did deal early were often punished for it, as the £250k kept coming to the table.

Maybe it was just luck that I started watching during a Wakeyist era. There were cautious players even then but there was also a decent sprinking of gamblers. Every show was different and us Wakeyists were happy to put up with the cautious deals because a risk taker was always around the corner.

Variety, I guess, is the key to keeping everybody happy. I just hope some gamblers are in the pipeline to redress tha balance a little.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:25 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Variety, I guess, is the key to keeping everybody happy. I just hope some gamblers are in the pipeline to redress tha balance a little.

I think Rodney and Dave look like no-dealers, and they're due up quite soon... And Adam claims to be a gambler really despite his strong advice to deal 99% of the time!

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:37 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

rico7 wrote:
Isn't the object to beat the banker and not necessarily
go on to the end? Otherwise what is the point of having
a banker and having offers with shows that are unpredictable
because you don't know whether the contestants will
deal or no deal? Yes I would probably have gone on one more
round but it wouldn't have served me well, and Penny beat the banker
comprehensively today! It was a great show.

And I thought the aim of the show was to make the most of your once in a lifetime's chance and try to win a quarter of a million pounds. But I guess I represent the Wakeyist faction (now that Wakey himself is banned).

I understand fully the opposing cautious faction who will deal once their modest target is achieved irrespective of the board that is left or the quality of the bankers offer.

There are many ways to play the game. We just seem to be in an never ending rut of cautious players which are making the show seem dull. Would one risk taker a week be too much to ask for?

And with Rev Adam and Eric 'the deal' to come I'm starting to lose hope ......

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:45 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I don't think Eric's purely a "dealer". He seems to think about the situation and the board when he gives his advice, a definite category 2 in my three types of DOND players!

GAC1984

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Penny! :D

Another fantastic show today. Enjoy the money and your trip to Australia.

Very Well Done! :D

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]