Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel says that when the banker gets a theme that works, he quite often sticks to the formula, and that is what he is doing here... Jamie goes to Adam for some advice and he tells Jamie to really think about this offer, as its more than a lot of contestants have gone away with lately. Eric offers Jamie £1 to really think about this offer and make it up to £10,000... Jamie asks if the coin is to flip for heads or tails!! Jamie flips the coin for Noel's amusement.....

Jamie says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Proveout round

20 - £250 Would have been a great start, says Noel and pulls up the audience for applauding

19 - £5,000 NO goes Noel

21 - £15,000 Not enough as the fallback goes...

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Noel says the banker would have been worried now.... The banker says this offer would have been bad for everyone!!!

Banker would have offered

£10,000

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:53 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Eeek..

Round 5 Stats
Boxes left: 5
Mean: £20,352.00
Offer: £10,000
Offer (%): 49.14%
Fair Deal: £5,730.46
Volatility: 56.82
Redometer: -7 (↓5)

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Proveout round

2 - £100,000 YES YES YES YES YES goes Noel as the studio erupts

22 - £750

1 - £10

Banker time with 1p and £1,000 remaining

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Wahey!

Round 6 Stats
Boxes left: 2
Mean: £500.01
Offer: £333
Offer (%): 66.60%
Fair Deal: £251.58
Volatility: 100,000.00
Redometer: -10 (↓3)

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Noel says the banker will claim a victory because the offer was £1 higher

Banker would have been £333

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Noel opens box 11 and reveals £1,000

Box 3 contains the 1p

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I think they seem to put the 1p in 3 loads more than any other box! :)

But well done Jamie - who cares about missing out on a quid? Thta must be the bnaker's new trick - he stuck after Jenine and Jo's deals, so obviously he's desperate to claim victory for even a 99.99-0.01 TPW! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually did he keep Eric's quid? Therefore he did actaully win the highest offer! :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Muinimula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

I expected that £10k offer to be a bit higher. Not by much, but anything up to £15k. I think I would have seriously considered the second £9,999 offer, but might have been tempted to go on. Wouldn't have done much good, as it turned out!

£1,000 on the table twice in a row (three times if you include Karen's swap)! Strange how these things turn out.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

£1k in the box is becoming like the £20k was between Margaret and Swappy's Jim's game!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Actually did he keep Eric's quid? Therefore he did actaully win the highest offer! :-D

That happened in £29,999 Gary's game where he was given a quid to get 30k and it is rumoured that Pam received 1p from Ryan to take her £9,999.99 winnings up to £10k! £9,999 was a good deal so well done given the state of the board. And 10k was a 100% believable proveout offer!

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:08 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

What is it with the £1k lately?! Practically everyone has it in their box and even those that don't manage to swap or deal for it...

The ubiquity of the £1k aside, that was a great game - I really liked Jamie and was glad he got the more-or-less OPW. Although I have to admit I found it *beep* hilarious when Michelle had the £250k after all that!!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:10 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
What is it with the £1k lately?! Practically everyone has it in their box and even those that don't manage to swap or deal for it...

The ubiquity of the £1k aside, that was a great game - I really liked Jamie and was glad he got the more-or-less OPW. Although I have to admit I found it *beep* hilarious when Michelle had the £250k after all that!!

Should hopefully shut up Noel. He does go on a bit!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yet another game where the big money was unreachable due to such bad luck! :( No-one's won more than £10,000 for a week now - Craig was the last to win more than it with his £24,500 win last Monday.

It was a good show for Jamie though and he played it well despite never getting any really huge offers. The bit where he picked up Noel was very funny!! :lol: Shows how small Noel is!! :P

Noel did start to get a bit aggressive when the low numbers started going after Jamie had dealt, although Noel's face was rubbed in it when he said he was certain Jamie had dealt one deal too soon - and then the banker only increased the previous offer by £1!

That was a very fair (maybe even low!) proveout offer.

Well done Jamie and enjoy the money!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

More than one in three games will see the £250k make it to eight-box - we've not had one since Craig have we? Only one more for it to be significant at 5%...

The £10,000 proveout offer wasn't stupid, but did prove that £9,999 was probably the offer to take (I know I would have taken it) - for the offer to only go up £1 after missing the one-box in a one-box game (even with the only two boxes with any pretence at 'safety net' status being removed) is surely adequate proof that the offer had to be taken by anyone who wasn't going to play it as a 12.5% shot at six figures (and I worry about some of the people who'd do that!).

That £1 trick was odd. Is this the Banker thinking Noel's gone too far? Is it just a bit of comedy? Is it the Banker being aware of the Bother's Bar scoring system and defining anything other than an OPW as Banker victory? Speaking of which, Geordie's lost a record he probably didn't know he had - the biggest technical victory margin for either side! (Geordie's was a TBW 99.6-0.4!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:30 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject:

It wasn't that long ago that the proveout offer on that board would probably have been about £ 18k or maybe even £ 20k.

Was a really good game with a deal at the right time (give or take the £ 1 difference).

Does anyone else think if he had gone to the end he would have been offered the swap given that he mentioned 3 being his lucky number...taken the swap and ended up with 1p...total nightmare if that had happened.

Jim

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
The £10,000 proveout offer wasn't stupid, but did prove that £9,999 was probably the offer to take (I know I would have taken it) - for the offer to only go up £1 after missing the one-box in a one-box game (even with the only two boxes with any pretence at 'safety net' status being removed) is surely adequate proof that the offer had to be taken by anyone who wasn't going to play it as a 12.5% shot at six figures (and I worry about some of the people who'd do that!).

Think I'd have taken a shot at reaching a £100k final pair, in the belief that the Banker would be worried enough to give a decent final offer if I went that far. Have to say £10k as less than two thirds of the mean wouldn't really tempt me.

Anyway, I was consumed by Wakeyism again watching that, part of me really wanted a bad proveout so Captain Cautious wouldn't be proved right again... :?

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:15 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Another low value struggle of a game but today without an entertaining player to rescue it from mediocrity.

I nearly fell off my chair when during an early sweep Rev Adam said 'no deal' but the euphoria didn't last long as the obligatory sermon on the virtues of dealing wasn't long in following. Why just say just one word (eg deal) when a thousand will do .......

There was surely another round in it at least and so it proved. However caution won the day once again and we were treated to another feeble cop-out albeit to the tune of £1 thanks to a low proveout offer.

5 box was probably the time to go for the normal rather than cautious dealer.

So much for his lucky number 3.

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]