Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Belinda 14/05
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
jmas07 wrote:
h2005 wrote:
jmas07 wrote:
I hope you liked my commentry yesturday! :D

I didn't think it was that bad... don't be so hard on yourself, Wakey.

Yesterday ;-)

I would however describe the banker's tactics yesterday as being that of a turd. Or a *beep*.

johnr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Perfect round!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Good play from Belinda although there was a case for going on, though perhaps there'd have been a stronger one 24 hours ago!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Proveout round

20 - £15,000 Not good enough says Noel

2 - £1,000

7 - 1p There are groans all around the studio

Banker time with £50,000 and £75,000 remaining

Maltus

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Boo! She dealt - I have to say I thought there was another deal to be done...

Alas twas not to be :cry:

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

jmas07 wrote:
johnr wrote:
£21,000

I would play on - Even if she goes away with £15,000 it is still a gamble worth taking IMO
I would definately go on but I can see her dealing... which would be a really bad move.

She deals. Definately a bad move in my books.

And there we go! Dealing was bad and she knew it, she also pulled out the perfect round!

I'm loving this!

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

The banker would have offered

£61,000

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

The perfect round... :o

Round 6 Stats
Boxes left: 2
Mean: £62,500.00
Offer: £61,000
Offer (%): 97.60%
Fair Deal: £61,868.62
Volatility: 1.50

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:

Noel opens box 17 and reveals £50,000

Box 4 contains the £75,000

Noel thinks that Belinda came with a target, and she reveals that she wanted to sort out her mortgage and that is a big help towards it...

Last edited by kestral on Mon May 14, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

That really really sucks. 4 had the £75,000 one day too late. URGH!

Maltus

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Good play from Belinda although there was a case for going on, though perhaps there'd have been a stronger one 24 hours ago!!

Question: Has the farce of PJ's game impacted on her slightly conservative deal?

johnr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:56 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

How has she killed the curse of the Mummy?!

She blew £40k!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
KP wrote:

Question: Has the farce of PJ's game impacted on her slightly conservative deal?

I doubt it - she was just being naturally cautious. I would have probably no dealt that as there was a 60% chance of £15,000 in the box but she could have easily had a Jamie/Miles proveout. I thought that offer could have been 3-5K higher as the board was more stable than at Leilas hypo 18K but it could have gone another way.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon May 14, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muinimula

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

I know it was impossible, as she had £50k in her box, but with three boxes left, she could have had the same final two as yesterday!

Noel says, "Millions of people would love £50k. Millions would love £75k." What about the millions who would love £21k, Noel? Are they not worth mentioning?

That £21k was a good offer, although I was expecting the old £26k. The round after that could have gone either way, so her deal was understandable. I think I might have taken it, but I'm not sure.

justcause110

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Well done on winning £21,000 Belinda :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

jmas07 wrote:
And there we go! Dealing was bad and she knew it, she also pulled out the perfect round! !

Surely if she knew it then she wouldn't have dealt...?

I'm gutted that Belinda was picked early, I loved her. Peter's on an above average amount now and he does absolutely *beep* all. This must be "Let's annoy Daniel" week (although I still keep watching...).

Anyway, I don't blame Belinda for dealing, especially after yesterday's game, and I thought she and her daughter were awesome. I just wish the Banker had put in an AMO by £500 at the end...

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I just know that after PJ's shocker yesterday we're going to be landed with a row of cautious deals now. It was hard enough to find anyone brave enought to take a moderate risk on a good board already and now it'll be impossible!

So I was expecting a cop-out today and we got one. It was obvious the meddling daughter wanted her to deal but a bit of encouragement might have got her to no-deal at £21000 and go on to a huge offer.

I suppose we'll get the usual 'well played' posts after she lost all that money but how can it be well played when you've just chucked away £61k or a minimum of £50k.

Ironic that the wakey-box had the £75K today after the 1p yesterday.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

basicasic wrote:
I suppose we'll get the usual 'well played' posts after she lost all that money but how can it be well played when you've just chucked away £61k or a minimum of £50k.

Because she won £21,000 which is a huge sum of money, which I think most people would agree with...

never_wrong

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

I agree with basiscasic in that "well played" is probably the wrong expression to use as in terms of the game and beating the Banker, she lost.

I do think congratulating her on winning £21k is relevant, though.....she dealt so obviously it can do some good in her life. Yes, in hindsight it wasn't the most money on offer but it's still a possibly life changing (or at the very least, life enhancing) sum of money.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
I just know that after PJ's shocker yesterday we're going to be landed with a row of cautious deals now. It was hard enough to find anyone brave enought to take a moderate risk on a good board already and now it'll be impossible!

So I was expecting a cop-out today and we got one. It was obvious the meddling daughter wanted her to deal but a bit of encouragement might have got her to no-deal at £21000 and go on to a huge offer.

Ironic that the wakey-box had the £75K today after the 1p yesterday.

Yeah, would have been amazing if she swapped but she needn't have!

My prediction is that this 22 and the replacements of this 22 will be cautious. After that, PJ's game would be unheard of. Then about a few months later PJ's game would have gone on TV. That will end up with a cautious September line up, assuming they all had their shows recorded when PJ's show was aired.

I'm looking forward to this! :D :roll:

Back to Belinda's game, it was another huge cop out at a rubbish offer. Reminds me of Kelsie actually, but not on a huge scale. I'd have gone for thw 60% chance of winning at least £15,000 and as soon as the 1p goes you're guaranteed a consolation high 4 figure offer at the end. That's good enough for me and I was happy to see the £50,000 and £75,000 remain at the end. Serves her right.

Aside from that, I bet PJ is *beeped* off that his / our lucky box had the £75,000 one game after his. £75,000 for me today! £21,000 for Belinda today, awwww! WELL DONE AND ENJOY THE MONEY! :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: (Of course i'm not being serious about that last bit!) :P

Last edited by jmas07 on Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]