Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Oh god, not this same argument again....

Paul was actually the biggest winner from an all-red opening round (indeed apart from Irene they all produced decent wins) - but in one sense it was inevitable if he had the £100k all along, it was bound to keep the offers up. Still, he'd probably only won about half that had he not kept the £50k till the deal of 5!

In actual truth, given the state of the board and the sparseness of the red side, I think he showed a fair amount of courage getting as far as he did - I reckon some people might have fancied taking the 3rd and 4th offers, as there was a possibility (a small one but 10.7% is not insignificant) of taking both the reds out at the £10k offer, and even an all-blue squashdown! £20k at one point was looking highly unlikely!

I think I would have risked £10k with a 10.7% chance of being left with all blues, it's an amount I could cope with losing, and if you took out one of them you would still have a get-out at 5-box. £20k would be life-changin for me, and with a 30% chance chance of losing it all, that would definitely have been time to go for me, even though I would have hoped for a few grand more from the offer! I'd say it was very well-pitched by the banker.

And well done to Pual for not being too bothered about the proveout and Noel trying to rub it in! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And I do have to admit I was laughing when the QM was revealed - and then even more when the next two reds came out - I was wondering if he was going to end up with 11 blues and no reds! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow..what an awful start. Well done though Paul..£20,000 is brilliant.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:25 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

£20,000's quite good after that start, well done Paul!

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:

It will never stop! All was quiet for a few months but for obvious reasons, it's back to how it was before Christmas now. It's a little tedious reading the same argument in ever today's show thread, especially because I have to read these to keep up with the show!

JO!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

£20,000 is alot of money well dont Paul :-)

Power5

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:35 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
James1978 wrote:

It will never stop! All was quiet for a few months but for obvious reasons, it's back to how it was before Christmas now. It's a little tedious reading the same argument in ever today's show thread, especially because I have to read these to keep up with the show!

And now we've got another dedicated Wakeyist on the forum to back him up, we get even more of it than we ever did before!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Every today's show thread now seems to be littered with "They should've no dealt" - even if they no deal to the 2-box stage it seems! :| It's tedious reading the same stuff about no dealing every day... I normally get to watch the show live, but recently I have been reading the today's show thread "live" from university (due to staying there late on some days) whilst the show is on at 4:15, and then watching the episode when I get a chance at a later date - and I can quite see how irritating it could be to someone who has to rely on these threads to keep up with the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:14 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

never_wrong wrote:
It's a little tedious reading the same argument in ever today's show thread, especially because I have to read these to keep up with the show!

Its a little tedious reading 'well done <insert name here> - enjoy the money' day in day out, irrespective of how they've played and how much they've won but I don't bang on about it.

I've only been able to watch the show as it's transmitted at 4.15 this week as I'm usually working but can see that too much 'chatter' during kestral's commmentary can be off-putting to those following it, unable to watch. But the same applies to those who keep butting in saying 'deal', 'obvious deal', 'I would deal here' etc as well.

And as for Power5's comment about 2 Wakeyists on the forum. It seems to me that we're still vastly outnumbered by the 'dealers' here and whilst I appreciate people do not like to hear opposing views - do you really want to stifle or eradicate them?.

Despite what eveyone thinks I (and I'm sure Wakey too) love and am really enthusiastic about the show but am just coming from a different angle to most people on here.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:19 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
never_wrong wrote:
It's a little tedious reading the same argument in ever today's show thread, especially because I have to read these to keep up with the show!

Its a little tedious reading 'well done <insert name here> - enjoy the money' day in day out, irrespective of how they've played and how much they've won but I don't bang on about it.

Well yes, we say "enjoy the money" because they obviously dealt at a sum that can have an impact on their lives. So "well done" is quite appropriate, I think.

Billy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:07 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I'd rather read 27 "Well done, enjoy the money!" than "Rot in hell and die, you stupid dealer", and I imagine the contestants (of which we have so many posting right now, no wonder what with all the positive messages in these threads) would as well. I'm not saying we should start going "Well done Trevor on your 1p win!" but this place needs to be way more positive. The fact that some people aren't happy even after a £101,000 win says it all.

My thoughts are that after such a disasterous start (first ever all red part 1!) it was great to see Paul recover to a £20,000 win. He had £100,000 but they said themselves there was absolutely no way they'd have gambled to that point, so he didn't miss out on that much! Well done to him and Kerry!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
I'd rather read 27 "Well done, enjoy the money!" than "Rot in hell and die, you stupid dealer", and I imagine the contestants (of which we have so many posting right now, no wonder what with all the positive messages in these threads) would as well. I'm not saying we should start going "Well done Trevor on your 1p win!" but this place needs to be way more positive. The fact that some people aren't happy even after a £101,000 win says it all.

It has to be said though that this is a forum for discussion, and people's views and opinions will differ and may well be negative as well as positive.

There have been some contestants in the past who have been very sensitive about what they have read on the forum and I have to say that if you go on a national television show, it is a fact of modern life that people may criticise you on the internet as it is a place of free speech.

I believe however, that it is unnecessary to make negative posts about the contestants, but people are entitled to do so if they wish! (So long as the posts are not pointless insults, and sometimes they are bordering on this! :?)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

This was a good game and contained a shock turnaround! After that start with all those reds going, I was expecting a low deal, a low-red win or a blue win at best! But then it turned around totally and Paul managed to get £20,000 out of it - had he played on, he wouldn't have missed out on a huge amount as he'd have dealt at £33,000 - so it's fairly irrelevant he had £100k in his box!

Also the first all-red opening round since Buzz last June and Paul almost matched the record for number of reds in a row.

I'd have played the game exactly as he did with those offers. Well done Paul and enjoy the money!

jmas07

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:53 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
I'd rather read 27 "Well done, enjoy the money!" than "Rot in hell and die, you stupid dealer"

There you go, you've instantly misread my opinion.

Since when does 'Ditto, two of the power 5 left when he dealt. £20,000 was a rubbish offer' compare with 'Rot in hell and die, you stupid dealer?' If someone dealt the first offer I would think they are the biggest idiot on the show but I would never want them to rot in hell and die. :shock:

Even Basicasic's posts are a little harsh (but true ;) ) but he would never want someone to rot in hell and die. I like deals (Look at Den's game) but if I think they have done an idiotic deal, I have every right to express my opinion stating so, just like you have the right to express your opinion stating someone is an idiot for declining a 'great' offer.

KP *ahem*...

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:56 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
He would have swapped as well. I could murder whoever said deal in the audience.

wakey1512 wrote:
If someone dealt the first offer I would think they are the biggest idiot on the show but I would never want them to rot in hell and die.

Er...

jmas07

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

It's called a figure of speech. I'm sure 'Rot in hell and die' isn't one...

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Oh, it is. As in the following: I wish wakey would rot in hell and die.

jmas07

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:01 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Oh, it is. As in the following: I wish wakey would rot in hell and die.

I love you too! :D

I wouldn't kill anyone in the audience if they shouted out deal. I wouldn't kill someone who took the first offer.

I'm sure 'Rot in hell and die' isn't the right figure of speech anyway because I don't actually have a really big go at the person, the most I would say would be 'He / she is an idiot' and I would usually say 'That was an idiotic decision' if I thought so.

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]