Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:13 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Fantastic! Well done. Enjoy the winnings!

jmas07

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:14 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Well if had listened to the new psychic he might have had £250k instead of £44k.

I was amazed he went on as long as he did so I guessed he'd wobble as soon as tthe next big red was revealed. He played it all wrong. He still had the £250k and £35k as backup, only one blue and should have carried on, left box 11 until the end and swapped.

Thats what I would have done, and before you all say 'thats with hindsight', thats what I would have done.

Totally, I'd have carried on at £44,000. He wouldn't have taken box 11 there, if he was scared of it, it could have lasted to the final two boxes with an offer of above £120,000.

I would have done the same as you (except the swap) and ended up winning £35,000. I couldn't really give a *beep* if I won £35,000 after turning down £44,000.

Shed pulled it off, but I doubt he would have done that in active play. That's why I encourage systems.

I've never really seen all thie 'aura' about Shed. The only thing I saw about him was that he looked like he was gonna take the first offer. I know he said he would decline Gaz's £70,000.01, but that could have been a bluff to get him bigger offers for his game.

£35,000 for me today, and I don't really care about the £44,000 lost.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hahah, is it a rule that everyone who's offered £44k has to make a big speech about it before answering the question? First we had Di with her "Don't divorce me" etc. and today Shahid went on for ages...I thought he was going on as well for a minute!

That was one of the most interesting/unusual games ever...Shahid was a really interesting character and I liked all the contributions from everyone on the wings (even though Noel's going to do the whole "Psychic Jeff" to death now). I'd have gone at £32k but it was definitely sensible to carry on...one of the best OPWs in ages! I just wish he'd had the 50p...

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:19 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

jmas07 wrote:

I would have got the £250k today provided I was offered the swap. But £35k is a nice amount too so I would have been happy either way.

People should have more faith in good psychics like Sarah. Looks like Jeff's going to be as good.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:20 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Shahid! :D

Fantastic game today you did very well.

Enjoy the money £44,000!

Very Well Done.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

basicasic wrote:
Well if had listened to the new psychic he might have had £250k instead of £44k.

I was amazed he went on as long as he did so I guessed he'd wobble as soon as tthe next big red was revealed. He played it all wrong. He still had the £250k and £35k as backup, only one blue and should have carried on, left box 11 until the end and swapped.

Thats what I would have done, and before you all say 'thats with hindsight', thats what I would have done.

Thats with hindsight :-D :-D

Also...if i was playing i would have ignored the psychic, strangled Noel onstage and left. No point in all this "oooh he's the psychic, he knows its in there he does!" even if i am going to win a quarter of a million quid.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
People should have more faith in good psychics like Sarah. Looks like Jeff's going to be as good.

But didn't he also say it could have been in Den's box? So you'd have been just as likely to go to the end and swap £35k for £10k... :?

KP

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

jmas07 wrote:

Surely you'd have won £10? That's what was in Box 4...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

jmas07

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

KP wrote:
jmas07 wrote:

Surely you'd have won £10? That's what was in Box 4...

Assuming I'd have played my own game. I was basing my opinions on Shed's desicion.

Adam L

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:28 pm    Author: Adam L    Post subject:

Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
I definately would have gone and dealt at £44,000

Muinimula

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:34 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

Funny how Noel can one day be saying, "Play you're own game when you're chosen. Don't be swayed by what the wings, or people in the audience say," yet as soon as someone makes a couple of correct predictions, they're highlighted as a psychic...

Really liked Shahid. He could possibly make it into my top 5 players this year, but then I'd have to decide who I wanted to drop... Well done for the £44k win, and today also marked my first correct box prediction in the "guess amount" game!

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Shahid!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Well that was a very interesting game indeed. I really liked Shahid and thought he was brave to turn down £32,000 bearing in mind, if he took out the £250,000 in the next round, he would have not have seen that kind of offer again unless he'd kept the £75,000 in play or had it or the £35,000 in his box.

I thought the £44,000 offer was extremely generous considering there was only one amount higher - the £250,000 however with a fall back of £35,000, £15,000 and £10,000 I can see why it was £44,000.

Anyway, I enjoyed that game. May 2007 is already showing signs of awesomeness but a few more games like today's and May 2007 will actually be one of the best months ever. Welldone Shahid! :D

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:36 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

"The Banker" wrote:
I thought the £44,000 offer was extremely generous considering there was only one amount higher - the £250,000 however with a fall back of £35,000, £15,000 and £10,000 I can see why it was £44,000.

I thought it was a good brave buying offer actually. When you think Graeme got £41,000 on a much weaker board and no dealt it. Possibly only the day before in recording terms. I thought both player and banker were smart today.

justcause110

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Well done Shahid :D

Zeddie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:56 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

YAY! WELL DONE SHAHID!

That was so awesome :D 'grats on the brilliant win.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great show - a big-money OPW (though shame he didn't turn out to have the blue in his box!), and also the involvement of the contestants in the wings which brought back memories of a couple of famous Sarahs - Juliah's ducks comment was straight out of the Mad Sarah book while Jeff's prediction was up there with the Psychic version!

Well done Shahid!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Excellent game today, and it was an OPW. No doubt Noel will mention Psychic Jeff in every show until he plays. Well done Shahid!

rico7

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Excellent show, really hope the money helps towards you fulfilling your ambitions Shahid and look forward to hearing your music! :D

Yet another OPW at 5 box, a statistical favourite! :P

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Ha, ha, you guys really do make me laugh sometimes! Despite whatever Jeff said, it didn't suddenly magic the £250k into his box did it? The odds of him having it were still 1 in 5 at the deal, just as it was for Shahid's box! After all Derek advised Shahid not to pick him, and he had a fiver! If I was playing I'd just ignore all feelings about boxes, and wouldn't even think of asking any of them!

And I also love the way Wakey conveinetly forgets the contents of Box 4 when it contains something rubbish! And yes, I don't think I'd be overly upset winning £35k after turning down £44k, but surely the £44k is better, even if it means commiting a crime and dealing before the end? :)

Apart from that, that was really entertaining, what a legend Shahid was! Saying "thank you" to the offer of £100 was pure class! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]