Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Very interesting points indeed from denzelh...

...I'd have believed you last year. Not so now, but I don't think you can put anything past Endemol.

With regard to daniel123: last autumn when Laura's game was filmed, Endemol were desperate for a £250k win at seemingly any cost. Didn't work. Now it seems as though they want every sort of big finish imaginable, but ideally not a second £250k, for that might cost the show a lot of the casual viewers it still has...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:08 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Graeme's Game - Something fishy
Permanently Banned

denzelh wrote:
- Graeme was clearly dressed for his game and knew he would be playing.

He was probably allowed to get changed after he was picked and they refilmed the start

denzelh wrote:
- Unluckily for him he took out most of the big reds early on which made his 'no deal' decision at £21,000 surprising particularly as he had just said he would deal at £21,000.

I was quite surprised he no-dealt straight after he said he would deal at £21K. But that's minor b*lls*it compared to most players.

denzelh wrote:
- Seriously, with that board would anyone out there have said 'no deal' at £41,000 - unless you knew for sure where the £250,000 was.

You haven't read the dealometer thread then. :)

denzelh wrote:
- He was also unlucky that the newbie had the £250,000 box which meant he had to leave him until the very end to open his first box. Has anyone left a newbie to the very end on their first show?

Plenty of times I would suspect.

denzelh wrote:
Personally I didn't buy his surprise at being chosen to play, the story about how unlucky he is or the 'tears' at the end. I think he used his knowledge of where the £250,000 was to control the game and engineer a large offer rather than take the big prize which would have really raised suspicions.

Of course I may be talking utter rubbish (it wouldn't be the first time!) but something didn't feel right to me about the way that game panned out.

Anybody agree/disagree?

You've been watching too much X-Files mate :D

croftrock

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 am    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

The contestants give their clothes to the wardrobe department who alone decide who wears what and when.

The wardrobe department, along with all crew, knew Graeme was playing and dressed him accordingly.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:29 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

KP wrote:
Very interesting points indeed from denzelh...

...I'd have believed you last year. Not so now, but I don't think you can put anything past Endemol.

With regard to daniel123: last autumn when Laura's game was filmed, Endemol were desperate for a £250k win at seemingly any cost. Didn't work. Now it seems as though they want every sort of big finish imaginable, but ideally not a second £250k, for that might cost the show a lot of the casual viewers it still has...

That is true, but i don think endemol were actually humans if they were basically forcing a player to win £250,000
And if noel was that desperate aswell, even he wouldnt have been able to hide his anger and disappointment if lauran had dealt at £45k.No-one except perhaps arnold schwarzenegger.[sp? :lol: ]

With regard to denzelh's post/posts[i didnt read the last page just basicasic's quote]:

Graeme was clearly dressed for his game and knew he would be playing. - Dont think so. Most likely was given time before the re-start to get his kilt on, etc.
Unluckily for him he took out most of the big reds early on which made his 'no deal' decision at £21,000 surprising particularly as he had just said he would deal at £21,000. - Have to agree there.
He was also unlucky that the newbie had the £250,000 box which meant he had to leave him until the very end to open his first box. Has anyone left a newbie to the very end on their first show? - A lot of times. More than 80 for sure.
Personally I didn't buy his surprise at being chosen to play, the story about how unlucky he is or the 'tears' at the end. I think he used his knowledge of where the £250,000 was to control the game and engineer a large offer rather than take the big prize which would have really raised suspicions.

Of course I may be talking utter rubbish (it wouldn't be the first time!) but something didn't feel right to me about the way that game panned out.

Anybody agree/disagree?
- Well he wouldnt be so surprised if he'd got dressed after the offficial start and then come back for the restart, alsso he DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE CLUE IN THE WORLD where the quarter-mill was. and the tears? Well lets face it - the game brought a tear to my eye with the DOND music put to it aswell. but then i only watched from 5-box and on the small screen at dond.co.uk so from then on is the only info i can use to back up this post

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:31 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow, what an amazing game. Greame, well done. I certainly would have dealt at the £41,000 but well done!!!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

The newbie's been left till last absolutely loads - a few times they've even had their box swapped for by the playing contestant! One of them I remember was Paul H had the £250,000 in Leanne's game, so this was by no means the first time its happened! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]