Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:01 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:01 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
This was my favorite game in ages Barry was a class man and He showed some balls and went for it and in the face of adversity he did not crumble and went on to win the 50 grand :D MAGIC TV.

Enjoy the dosh barry.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

My goodness, that was exciting! Thought he was a bit quick to dismiss some of the offers, especially the £26k and the £22.5k at the end, but you tend to forget that when it all works out! I did get the feeling he might had well have said at the start that he'd take the contents of Box 8 no matter what, forget eliminating boxes and banker offers! Was thrilled that it paid off for him, fortunately recent trends are pointing to the bigger characters getting the big wins (i.e. Doug, Gus) :-D

And I get the feeling hid daughter just wanted the ground to eat her up!

I'd have taken the £26k for sure, and still been happy in the knowledge that I could have only got more by taking a crazy gamble that I'd never be willing to take. But I can't think of anyone who's won £50k or more on the show without taking a big risk (possible exception of Mally - his offers suddenly jumped from ridiculously low to ridiculously high)! Even Brenda took a big risk turning down £31k on her supreme board, given what happened to Marie the previous week! :)

And to someone who really could use the money as well!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:12 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Well done Barry, enjoy the money :)

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Barry! :D

Fantastic Game it was great. Enjoy £50,000

Very Well Done! :D

Profile E-mail  

BlairM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

Wow that was a bit of a different game!

And it was so good his courage paid off!!! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Could anyone confirm whether a swap was offered. I'm guessing if it was it was edited out as it sounds like he wouldn't have swapped due to his strong feeling about Box 8

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:24 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

When he was offered £22.500 he wanted the question straight away and phil opened his big gob again and told Barry to consider the 22k.

HOW DID PHIL KNOW HE WAS GOING TO NO DEAL???????????

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:22 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

#1 Box 4 fan wrote:
When he was offered £22.500 he wanted the question straight away and phil opened his big gob again and told Barry to consider the 22k.

It was pretty obvious because he wanted the question quick so as not to dither and get seduced by the offer.

BUT PHIL SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIS TRAP SHUT. Even Noel applied pressure to make him think about dealing. Just think how unhappy he would have been if he had succumbed to pressure, accepted £22,500, and then opened his box with £50k in it !

Other players should only give advice if they are asked for it. Otherwise button it!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:00 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
#1 Box 4 fan wrote:

It was pretty obvious because he wanted the question quick so as not to dither and get seduced by the offer.

BUT PHIL SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIS TRAP SHUT. Even Noel applied pressure to make him think about dealing. Just think how unhappy he would have been if he had succumbed to pressure, accepted £22,500, and then opened his box with £50k in it !

Other players should only give advice if they are asked for it. Otherwise button it!

I think it's perfectly fine for people (except Noel) to do what Phil did. I mean, if someone I'd known for about 2 weeks and possibly had become very good friends with was going to make a rash decision not involving £50,000 (because as everyone knows, I <3 £50,000), I'd tell them to think about it seriously

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
#1 Box 4 fan wrote:

Well, it could work the other way too. If he had dealt, he would have wanted the question quickly before getting seduced by the £50,000.

However it was obvious he was going to no deal because he had a strong belief that he had £50,000 in his box.

Anyway, Barry was a legend and I'm so glad he had the £50,000 in his box! Welldone Barry! :D I would have definitely taken the £26,000 so he was brave to go on!

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I have to say that I thought Barry turned down some of his offers a bit too quickly - but I thought Barry was an absolute legend and he was great on the wings and in his game! It was also nice to see them not over-doing the clown thing - Barry is the sort of character who can be funny without the use of props and gimmicks - and I think they got the balance just right in his game!

Very well done on winning the £50,000 - I'd have probably dealt by that stage!

Profile E-mail  

pocketeights

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:18 pm    Author: pocketeights    Post subject:

Must say after losing interest in the show this was one game i totally enjoyed. He played a blinder. Funny genuine not false pretense like alot of the contestants recently. Played the game and got his just deserts. Wish more would be like him and be real and less false. Makes for better tv.

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]