Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:58 pm Last visit was: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

johnr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Ouch :shock:

I would have dealt at £20,000 too, the chances of having the £100,000 as the influence twice in a row!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Even though he had £100,000 in his box... I think he made the right move at £20,000, it wasn't worth the risk for possibly 1p or £250. Well done David!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Definitely the right deal at the wrong time I'd say - it was 90% of the mean! In his situation, taking the money was definiteyl the right thing to do - I reckon going home with a blue would have been far more painful!

Well done David, hope the £20k does an awful lot for you!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:44 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

Gaz had three of the same amounts as David did, but he had the £1 and £500 as his other two instead of David's £250 and £3,000, forcing him to go on.

If the offer had been something like £15,000, he might have went on, and perhaps not even dealt the hypothetical £40,000, which incidentally is a higher offer than Gaz got with a better final two.

Chris_M

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

Personally I think a game like that could do Noel some PR damage rather than look good.

A multi-millionaire standing there saying "Oh well, never mind" - Looks bad for Noel and would be a positive boost for the show if they stuck their hands into their fat bank accounts and helped.

johnr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

But it is a gameshow - Not a charity show :D

dond_rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject:

Dear David and Carol

Congratulations on your 20k win i watched today and thank you for being on a day off of mine (to air your game) The positivity of both of you was amazing it brought back flooding memories when you were talking of your son as i was always 17 when i got my cancer and I was almost ripped to shreds with every box you were opening in order for it to go the way you wanted it too. I hope the money was enough to provide some sort of stability. I wish you and Carol the best and i hope young Bradley is still in a clean bill of health. Best of luck with your future endevors and thanks for being inspirational.

Aaron

JO!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

well done david and carol :-)

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Chris_M wrote:
Cough up some money Noel you tight git! :evil:

Chris_M wrote:
Personally I think a game like that could do Noel some PR damage rather than look good.

A multi-millionaire standing there saying "Oh well, never mind" - Looks bad for Noel and would be a positive boost for the show if they stuck their hands into their fat bank accounts and helped.

johnr wrote:
But it is a gameshow - Not a charity show :D

You beat me to it johnr, I was just about to post basically the same thing.

Noel is the host of the show, it is not up to him or for that matter Endemol to "stick their hands in their pockets", and I expect if you asked the contestants involved in the game they wouldn't expect or want any "special treatment".

Everyone enters the game with the same chances of winning life changing sums of money, and if you went down the route of offering extra payouts, how do you decide who gets them and how much they get. :?

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:18 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:
The banker says he didn't have a good day off yesterday, as he was beaten for the first time in a month on Friday! He says he ate lots of chocolate yesterday for comfort :-D

Banker offers

£7,500

£7,500????THAT IS WAY WAY TOO HIGH. £1,000 at the very MOST would have been GENEROUS.

damn the banker.

i have now read the full report and am now 150% convinced the banker is on Cocaine. EVERY single one of the offers he made was WAY too high, bar the £40k which was at least £2,500 too LOW. and it was a proveout offer - for proper classic proveout style i expected the offer to be £60k. But he has to go too low.

I hate glenn hugill and the two richards who help him generate the offers.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Last edited by daniel123 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:19 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

You know, for 3 shows in a row, Box 2 has been the first box opened...

Suezan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:23 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

So relieved he got some money I would of gone at 15k if it would of saved my house so he was brave to risk it further, glad it worked out ok for him and he didn't become the 10th 1p winner, shame about the 100k but 20k is better than nothing well done

Adam L

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Author: Adam L    Post subject:

Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
I w2ould have dealt at £20,000 too, but its nice to see someone from my neck of the woods :D

Profile E-mail  

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:29 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

Well done on 20k David.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:31 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

NOEL USED HIS "DID I SAY BREAK?" LINE! NOEL USED HIS "DID I SAY BREAK?" LINE! NOEL USED HIS "DID I SAY BREAK?" LINE! NOEL USED HIS "DID I SAY BREAK?" LINE! Yay! I love Noel.

Anyway, welldone David! I was praying you would take the £20,000 as I know how much you need the money. Yeah it's a shame you could have won £40,000, but it is better to deal and know that £20,000 is safe than go on and end up winning 1p. I know £20,000 will do alot for you, welldone. :D

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

The banker said that he had been beaten for the first time in a month on Friday? Was Joe really that forgettable, that was only a week ago! :)

Maybe technically he's calling it a draw as Joe only took the joint-highest offer...

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:03 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

[quote="James1978"]The banker said that he had been beaten for the first time in a month on Friday? Was Joe really that forgettable, that was only a week ago! :)

Maybe technically he's calling it a draw as Joe only took the joint-highest offer...[/quote]

He said he was beaten for the first time in a month on A Friday, I think.

Edit: Excluding Nigel, who had a hypothetical swap, the last Friday OPW was Adrian on March 2nd.

Profile E-mail  

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Definitely the right deal at the wrong time I'd say - it was 90% of the mean! In his situation, taking the money was definiteyl the right thing to do - I reckon going home with a blue would have been far more painful!

Well done David, hope the £20k does an awful lot for you!

I agree, it was a very good deal, considering that he obviously needed the money. Well done David!

Chris_M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 am    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Noel is the host of the show, it is not up to him or for that matter Endemol to "stick their hands in their pockets",

Up to? Has to? Must? - No one implied that at all. However, I would have thought that conscience and decency would have stepped in - Hell Noel could have done for a PR stunt if nothing else.

kestral wrote:
and I expect if you asked the contestants involved in the game they wouldn't expect or want any "special treatment".

Rubbish! The bloke was almost breaking down due to the fact that he is probably going to lose his home through no fault of his own, in fact for a tragically sad reason. He would have taken any lifeline thrown him.

kestral wrote:
Everyone enters the game with the same chances of winning life changing sums of money, and if you went down the route of offering extra payouts, how do you decide who gets them and how much they get. :?

This case was a bit bigger than the usual hard luck story. I think that was clear for all to see - Who decides? The person or persons with millions.

Had Mr Edmonds said right at the end that nothing to do with the programme but he won't make sure that they were not left homeless would have at its most cynical great PR for him that money could buy. He could have even said that the producers of the show had decided to do something (Not through the banker and so not a normal part of the show)

But the bottom line is that had I been in Noels place, I wouldn't have thought twice in a case like this.

All in all, I wasn't very impressed today's presentation or the makers conduct.

Cheap TV on Easter Sunday at the expense of exploitation.

I mean it was hardly a coincidence that they put on a special story on a special day. They got their money's worth out of it.

This has set the show back in my eyes.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

That had to be one of the most stressful shows ever as a viewer...he kept saying how much they needed the money and then No Dealing anyway; I was screaming at the TV all the way through! It would have been the best game ever if he'd won the £100,000 but it really would have been 45945979579547957947927 times more painful if he'd gone and won a blue...hopefully the £20k will be able to do a lot for them.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]