Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It Was Donna's ending all over again :(

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject:

Oh dear, oh dear.

That is exactly what she had for yesterday's show.

People should NEVER deal when the £250,000 is still in play.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

See what I mean about the banker ringing back? She'd have carried on at the end as well on the last final, the offer was low enough, but the mind games took her! That's a bad decision, even in the maths department!

You get no well dones from me.

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

And to think if the banker hadn't rung back we would of had a 2nd quarter of a millionaire :(

But Well done on 29K Kelsie! :-D

Zell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:59 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

That's really devastated me - I was willing her to go on, she deserved the £250,000 :?

Maltus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Lewis246 wrote:
The banker says £36,000 would have been too high.

So £66,000 on a worse board in proveout was fine?

Well done on £29,000 anyway, Kelsie!

I think that was part of his mind games to Kelsie - to make out £29,000 was a generous offer on that board, when actually it was derisory.

jmas07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

Sorry if i've been out of order, but taking an offer less than half of what it should have been was just asking for a disaster. She got it!

megadam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: megadam    Post subject:

You have to admit though the banker had impeccable timing and did his job extremley well. Dam, I knew Kelsie had the £250,000 today, i just knew it! :x :x

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Superbly played from the Banker, I guess... assuming he wasn't trying to produce a £250k win that could be spoiled for ratings purposes...

For what it's worth, I'd have taken £160,000.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hokey_cokey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: hokey_cokey    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
I think that was part of his mind games to Kelsie - to make out £29,000 was a generous offer on that board, when actually it was derisory.

I know she had the 250,000 and the 75,000 and she was only offered 26,000?! I think it should have been much higher :!:

Anyway well done Kelsie. Enjoy £29,000

wheeler-dealer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: wheeler-dealer    Post subject:

I doubt we would have had our second £250k winner, if she bottled out and took such a duff offer of £29k i doubt she would have turned down £160K!
assuming such an over inflated prove out offer would have been translated into an actual offer of course....

in recent weeks offers and deals/no deals have been getting even more bizarre, contestants turning down cracking offers on poor boards, and others taking poor offers on cracking boards. whats going on??

tr4962

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

if she had taken the 25000 at offer 3 and had those boxes left in the last 5, they would have said the offer would have been at least 50,000 pounds, so proveout offers are never genuine. as things can happen in rounds to change it

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

I hate the banker phoning back. It should be banned.

Its as bad as him offering swaps instead of offers - which should also be banned.

YET AGAIN we have noel rabitting on about, oh you could have had £160,000!!!!you were seduced!!! you let him get to you!!!

welldone though kelsie on £29k.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Tugger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:07 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

I would like to say well done, but dealing at £29k was foolish (I'd have expected at least £40k+) so I'd have been a quarter millionaire without a doubt.

Well done anyway! :D

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

That was DoND as pure psychology. And while the Banker has made some poor fiscal decisions in his time - and that could and should have been one of them - he's also played the psychological game brilliantly.

We need another mathematician on the wings to cut through this, but I severely doubt Endemol will let one on.
Edit: in response to Tugger, £40k+ would have been my fifth offer, but I'd have taken £160k without a doubt.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:09 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

She got what she deserved for been so gullable and been taken in by the banker and 29k was pathetic for that board I would have wanted at least late 40s to 50k to contemplate dealing. I knew when she said deal she had blown it big time.
Oh well enjoy the money:) but just think what would have happened had you stuck to your own principles - ONE CHANCE instead of been taken in by a evil man on a phone lol. gullable woman.

I wish that had been my game because I woulda turned that 29k down instantly and definatly would have won the 250k because Id no deal those final two offer regardless.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:10 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

On this occasion, and this is rare, I'd have gone all the way, especially since that fifth offer of £29,000 was derisory.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Bloody sick of this stupid bloody game. Damn that banker and his mind games. Every time someone goes to the end they win *beep*, and every time someone deals for a sensible sum they end up missing out on loads!

That was worse than Donna. I know she took £8k more but I liked her a whole lot more. I think the chance of ending up with £100 and £750 was bugging her, and £29k was too much to risk losing!

I think I'd have dealt £29k if the rock had been replaced with another blue, so it wasn't as bad as offer as I first thought, it was just reverting to the March 2006 behaviour! I think she had to keep the £250k in play or both the £75k and the rock to ge offered more, and I wouldn't want to gamble on a £75k/blue decision and the obvious punishment offer that would no doubt be given!

At least Noel was better than he was in Donna's game!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

johnr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:16 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Deal low, win low :lol:

drivercurran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:19 pm    Author: drivercurran    Post subject:

Hey Kelsie, was really disappointed at how your game finished was really hoping you would take the banker for everything (just check I spelt that right :D ) Am now hoping you are :D rather than :cry: with the £29k. Did feel very :evil: at Noel when he seemed to rub it in :smt056 this was the closest I could come to finding a virtual hug!!

Anyway am hoping you stay and chat with us here now your game has been played

Paul

[ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]