Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Power5 wrote:
little_monster wrote:
Gutted she made the worst deal or all eternity. She joins the "Crappest Deal Possible" group with Terri, Marie, Stevie, Shahid and Jason.

Someone else managed this (aka Outright Player Loss) very recently, can't remember without looking it up though!

I think it was David who dealt for £5,300 with £10k in his box, on a game that had collapsed after a great start!

But, ouch, that was painful. I have to say, though, I'd have taken the £20k without hesitation, and even then it was the wrong decision! At least I don't think I'd have too many regrets, as no way would I have gambled almost the mean on a Power 5/blue finish, so would have been happy with what I'd done, and achieved as much as a non-mad gambler would get. Whereas Sarah would have been kicking herself both for turning down the £20k AND then for not continuing at £5,900. But even the £5,900 was about double what I was expecting and was a no-brainer.

I actually admired her for cutting her losses as well - a lot of disasters could have been prevented by a few more people doing that, its just that in the rare event someone does, it's always the wrong decision.

I just wanted to go and give her a hug at the end, she was so sweet!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And she had £35k in her box, a year to the day after Matt's great £35k win - spooky! The offers were somewhat varying in generosity though....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JO!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:50 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

well done sarah, shame about the £35,000 though!

lol Joanne x

JO!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:50 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

well done sarah, shame about the £35,000 though!

lol Joanne x

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:57 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
little_monster wrote:
Gutted she made the worst deal or all eternity. She joins the "Crappest Deal Possible" group with Terri, Marie, Stevie, Shahid and Jason.

I just wanted to go and give her a hug at the end, she was so sweet!

She seems a very cuddly person. I was shouting to deal at 5.9 but the 35 was there. :( Sarah was the only factor keeping my interest in DOND atm, so it's a huge loss for me.

Shocked to hear about the bad car accident and that they're lucky to be alive. Best of luck for the future Sarah if you read this. :-)

deindafy29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am    Author: deindafy29    Post subject:

Personally I'd have gone on for the hell of it, but I suppose it depended on what Sarah wanted in the end!

Gd win anywe!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:29 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

was a tricky 1 cos was 4 blues and the 35k

just typical it was in her box!

jmas07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:23 pm    Author: jmas07    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Blue chants start already!!!!!! Thank god they are now banned!!!!

God has nothing to do with it. :shock:

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Aw, what a *beep* game...I think that's the first "Outright Player Loss" that didn't come from taking the final offer. (Although it was also the highest.) I'd definitely have taken the £20k but don't think I could have brought myself to take £5.9k if I had gone on...I always think that if you Deal in that situation, you're still going to regret not taking the earlier one, whereas going on gives you a chance of not regretting anything. Still, she did better than Jean and Ian, the latter of whom is apparently the finest player of the game we've ever seen...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:36 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I must admit I was quite shocked Sarah no dealt £20,000, as it was very risky and brave to carry on, but it was awful luck to reveal the £250,000 in the very next box! :(

However, it was nice to see Sarah recognise that the game could end in total disaster (à la the games of the previous 2 days) - so it was nice to see her dealing at a relatively low amount of £5,900 - although having no dealt £20k, I expected her to no deal £5,900 as well - it's a shame that she had the £35k in her box though. I thought she was going to do a Chantelle at one stage and be left with 1p vs £35k and no deal and win £35k. :shock: :( It's also not very nice that this game was an Outright Player Loss - a true whipping from the banker! :?

Anyway, enjoy the money and best of luck with whatever you want to do in the future - be it involving university or something else!

beaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:51 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject:

A silly deal for me that one

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

beaker wrote:
A silly deal for me that one

Hello Noel.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:17 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I have to sort of agree...it was a very good offer for the board, but after turning down £20k it did feel like a bit of anti-climax. Even if she'd gone on to destroy the board and have 1p in her box, I (and probably she) wouldn't have thought "Oh, what a marvellous victory"...it would still feel disappointing because of the £20k offer.

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]