Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:45 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:28 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Lewis246 wrote:
Matchplay on Sunday, so hopefully a big win.

Assuming nothing dodgy goes on in terms of player/box selection for these games, surely we're due a crap matchplay at some stage? Would they really allow an LTL winner getting 1p or similar?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:40 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Lewis246 wrote:

Assuming nothing dodgy goes on in terms of player/box selection for these games, surely we're due a crap matchplay at some stage? Would they really allow an LTL winner getting 1p or similar?

I do find it quite strange that both matchplays have been £50k+ wins, and they've both had £250,000 in the final two.

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Lewis246 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Lewis246 wrote:

I do find it quite strange that both matchplays have been £50k+ wins, and they've both had £250,000 in the final two.

they must decide the match play after the player has played (because they aren't live) that may be why?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

No, there's never been an all-blue squashdown. We are overdue one, it should happen every 161.5 games.

We've also had remarkably few all-blue final fives - they should happen every 57 games!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well pointed out Banker - I can only imagine that they manipulate the box order.

Having said that, Endemol are the kind of company I'd expect to advertise a potential £250,000 phone-in prize that turns into 1p.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:24 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Well done Sheran on 20K, it's good when the proveout validates the deal like that because it spares us from Noel making unnecessary comments!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:48 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Had to leave the house at the 2nd break tonight (had a bus to catch to get on a coach to a rugby match) and didn't get back till 11pm. Longest second break ever I think!!!!!!

If my statistics are right, the probability of the 10 box board GIVEN that she had the 1p in her box (i.e. 9 reds and 1 blue given the blue is in the player's box) is an amazing 1 in 646,646.

So don't be expecting that to happen any time soon.

EDIT - I've been informed that my statistics weren't right so ignore the second paragraph.

Last edited by Simon F on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:12 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

That was another amazing game to follow the amazing game of Doug's yesterday - the strength of Sheran's board was truly awesome!

I noticed that the £30,000 third offer was an above mean offer, at 107% of the mean :shock:

I'd have definitely dealt at that, as she'd have had to keep at least the top 2 in play to get a higher offer than that at the next offer!

The £30,000 was also 30% of the highest remaining value - £100,000 - so it really was an excellent offer, especially with the 1p and 10p still in play.

Anyway, it was good to see that she didn't try and chase her earlier offers too much and she dealt at £20,000 later on in the game - so well done Sheran, and enjoy the money!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:53 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Sheran!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

JO!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:12 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

yip well done sheran, fantastic game :-D

Lol Joanne x

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]