Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Matchplay on Sunday, so hopefully a big win.

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

It is quite weird that she had such a powerful game - and the only blue left that was there for ages was in her box :o and it happened to be 1p

1 pence has gome to the table quite a lot recently hasn't it?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Tony, Mary and Sheran have all carried it over this year.

Jack swapped for it at the start.

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:10 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

KP wrote:
And you can bet she's regretting that £30k No Deal far, far more than many premature Dealers regret their decisions.

I don't know...she still "only" missed out on £10k. I'd certainly rather be in her position than, say, Alfie's.

What a crazy game! I was expecting the 1p to go in the proveout after all that talk about getting rid of it while she was still playing, but it was great that she had it...Sheran was awesome.

Profile E-mail  

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I know it's Red Nose Day, but that was ridiculous! Not even Brenda had nine reds and one blue...but, amazingly, not only was that blue the penny, but it was in her box!! Had she taken the £30k then that'd have been even more astounding (imagine the horror after the 10p going, but then suddenly taking out every single red), but still a fantastic game and a great win! Well done on that £20k, Sheran, the last thing we wanted was a 10th 1p winner!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:41 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That was an amazing game. Nine reds and 1p in the last ten boxes, and a 1p box on the table! Well done Sheran!

Jo the newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:45 pm    Author: Jo the newbie    Post subject:

Well done Sheran.... enjoy your 20K, i love that you well and truly whipped the banker!

xx

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:10 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

Well done :D

little_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Super, super game, well done Sheran. Although I knew she would do well because black girls always win alot. Well done!

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:14 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

Well done Sheran!

JO!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

wow fantastic game, well done sheran and well done for spanking the banker :-)

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

OMFG

What a game Sheran!!

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:46 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Looks like I missed a good game, I'll have to catch the last 10 minutes on Youtube. Welldone Sheran, enjoy the money! :D

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was brilliant! What a great character she was, and it's always wonderful to see someone sell the 1p for a good sum. I thought it was funny that she had the same box and the same last pair as her near-namesake Sharron as well! :)

Shame about it not being an OPW, but I can definitely understand why she dealt when she did and not before - at the 3rd and 4th offers, £100k was still there (and indeed £75k at the 3rd offer), so on a board so stable, why not go for it when there's so much more potential gain (even though it was above the mean), and impossible disaster in one round? I actually struggled to work out the mean and odds with 11 boxes left, so wouldn't have been sure at that point.

By dealing when she did, she still got the majority of her highest offer and cut out the potential of missing out on £75k or £100k!

Saying that though, I would have gone at the 3rd offer. I've just got it in my mind that any offer over £20k at 11-box without the quarter-million on the board is a definite deal. But then I'd leave myself open to AMO proveout offers, Noel guilt trips and potentially £100k in the box!

I also thought Noel's reaction was funny at the end - he was saying about how great a deal it was, how it was at the right time and she beat the banker and all that, whereas Lisa missed out on £4k less than Sheran (so did a much better deal), but she was guilt tripped about missing out my not having any courage and being indecisive! He pours praise on people who have dealt too late (but still beat their box), but I know whose game I'd rather have had! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

dond_rules wrote:
2 points

1) Doug is 76 years old not in his 80's
2) Mothering Sunday (It must be Betty's game)

76?? he looks about 10 years older, no offence to the guy

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:58 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
I don't think we'll ever get a situation where every box remaining on the wings at the second adbreak is red.

Probability of an all-red final nine is 0.00111, or 1 in 9044. There's about a 10% chance of it happening at least once in 1000 shows, so I guess it's significant odds against it happening during the lifetime of the show.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've even had an all-red squashdown (final six) have we? That's only 1 in 161.5 so you would have expected to see it by now (only 7.8% chance of it NOT happening in 410 shows).

I "recorded" a future Second Chance game earlier this evening that produced an all red final seven though!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:05 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Nick D had an all-red squashdown, I think.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:09 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well I'm almost certain there hasn't been a blue one, anyway!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:17 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I don't think there's been an all-blue squashdown. Geordie had an all-blue final five, didn't he?

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:18 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

22identicalboxes wrote:
I don't think there's been an all-blue squashdown. Geordie had an all-blue final five, didn't he?

Geordie and Emi are the only two, both took out the last red at the 6-box stage. I don't think we've seen one in proveout.

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]