Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:05 pm Last visit was: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:52 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Mental Mickey wrote:
Not that its a bad game, but the thing is, it was shown on More4 not so long ago. I'd so like to see some games from the great period around Feb-May 2006 that I haven't seen (or can't remember) and that aren't all over YouTube! :x

Is this the first game to be shown on three entirely separate occasions - i.e. not counting More4 repeats in the days immediately after the original broadcast? Certainly the first to be shown in three calendar years anyway!

I'd prefer to see some from early 2006 as well, as the 2005 shows have mostly been shown on the recent More4 repeat series. Would like to see some of the recent ones I missed in full though, as have only seen the last 10 minutes on Youtube of the Jan/Feb 2007 classics.

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:54 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Hmmmm well that game left me dreaming for the old days!! it was AMAZING.

The music was far more subtle, and the camera angles were better (as I mentioned) Noel was obviously loving it and not bored, no ten minute "suspense" gap between Noel asking the question and the player responding...

It reminded me of why I originally fell in love with the programme...

I miss those days :cry:

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject:

That was brilliant! I never saw Jennifer's game and it showed how things have changed throughout the year(s) like the 1st offer and the mad cheering after the 100,000 went.

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: Rob    Post subject:

I think the game really didn't have that much atmosphere...today the game would have been much more personal, and the 100K going, would have been really bad news!
It was a great show, and ground breaking at the time though.
Can you imagine if it was on today though? Noel would be going on about it for ages!
Andy K drives me nuts - loved how Noel shouted at him to open the box lol

Profile E-mail  

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Awww I miss the early days of Deal or No Deal. I'd forgotten how good they were.

I don't think I saw this game when it was orignially broadcasted so it was interesting to watch, even though I knew the outcome, obviously.

It's funny how back then a first offer of around £2,000 was considered to be good - you'd get at least £5,000+ nowadays! :lol:

I liked the music back then aswell, that 'clappy' music that can be heard in the DVD.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I loved Noel's high pitch voice when the £100,000 went! :lol:

Last edited by "The Banker" on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:22 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

In some ways you can tell it was a new show then, the atmosphere wasn't the same, the set has had several small improvements since, and it's got a lot slicker and smoother.

However in other ways it has gone over the top and become a parody of itself in more recent times - the constant blue chanting, Noel's gradual change in attitude towards total Wakeyism, perhaps too many "wacky" contestants and shows, etc. The inflated early offers are a bit much these days as well - although they were so low as to be totally pointless in the very early shows, they were just making sure nobody dealt at the first two offers while the show was still establishing an audience.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:29 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
Wakeyism. God I love that word! :-D

I really miss Jon. The forum doesn't seem quite the same without him and Dan4389 butting heads all the time! Oh, for the good old days! ;)

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Unix eight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:33 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

Very interesting to see an older DOND game, I'd seen a bit of this one before, but as I only started watching around late February 2006 time, I'm used to the more modern approach to the show.
Made of steel was Jennifer as suggested by one of the players. The Banaker's offers were also interesting to watch, compared to nowadays, the offers that Jennifer received would probably be considered as far to low, or far too high...

YAY, 100th POST!!
sorry couldn't resist! :-D
:banana: :smt026 :smt041 :D :lol: :smt024 :smt041 :smt026 :banana:

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Based on the then-current FD benchmarks (which have become out of date in the post-Laura era), here are the offers that Jennifer might have received had she played a year later...

Offer 1: £8,400
Offer 2: £16,800
Offer 3: £23,200
Offer 4: £36,500
Offer 5: £40,200
Offer 6: £78,000

To be honest, I think that sounds like an entirely reasonable offer pattern for that game... I'm not sure when I'd have gone with those offers, probably at the fourth or fifth offer.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I hadnt seen that before..was interesting to see how different it is nowadays..

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:44 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I also loved the simplicity - Noel was very impartial, there were no gimmicks and blue chants were a world away - also Jennifer was one of the least excitable contestants there ever was too - she was foussed and determined.

But the most excitable anyone got was Andy K with the 10p - and Trevor looking like he was about to be sick when she turned down £52k, and Leigh looking like he was bricking it when she picked him - then the relief on his face when he revealed £500!

A true classic - only David J and Bunney since have managed to deal with £250k in play at the last pair showdown, only to find they didn't have it all along - that's as perfect as it gets!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:53 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I also noticed in today's repeat that Jennifer didn't say to Noel "ask me the question" or "I'm ready for the question." When did that whole thing start? And the box values didn't have coloured backgrounds. If they'd kept it that way, we wouldn't have the "blue, blue, blue!" chant.

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:56 am    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject:

A belated well done, Jennifer!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:31 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

WELL DONE JENNIFER!

I prefered the older games with the weak seals and the black and white boxes - It makes the phone look normal.

Elaine B who opened the £75,000 in this game was a bit of a black widow wasn't she?

Does anyone know her box stats?

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]