Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:58 am    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
She probably would have done if Noel didn't keep going on about having to have courage.

Chris_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:02 am    Author: Chris_M    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
How did the likes of Nick, Trevor, Fadil, Dave E, Sally, Connell etc pay the bar bill? :)

Well in that social situation they would not be expected to buy a drink.

It is the fact that they have just won a LOT of money and wish to celebrate. Unlike some people here who don't drink and wish to put down everyone else who does by referring to it as P*ssing it up the wall, it is a NORMAL social interaction that has been going on for YEARS. Anyone not doing it would be the abnormal one.

Big win, you buy yours friends/colleagues/associates a drink to celebrate.

Sorry, but I REALLY can't stand it when stingy cheapskates who don't act in a normal way try to make out that THEY are correct and every other NORMAL person on the planet is p*ssing it up the wall.

Mind you, people like that don't normally go out as if they did, they would know how to conduct themselves in a decent manner. And if they did find them self in such a social situation and behaved in that incorrect way, they would get the message VERY quickly.

What an indecent way to behave.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:05 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I must admit I was expecting Noel to be in one of his mad moods for the 400th show, so it was nice to see him controlling himself and acting relatively normally! :lol:

It was also nice to see some banker's offers reflecting the 400th show - i.e. by having £400 at the end of them! I like it when the offers have a theme running through them, and I checked and they did similar offers for the 150th, 200th and 250th shows - but not for the 300th and 350th shows (neither for the 50th or 100th show, although these shows were still in the early days of DOND).

Rose was a very nice lady and I thought she looked a bit like Hyacinth Bucket from BBC's Keeping Up Appearances! :lol: It was a very weird game - it started off badly, then it got better and I thought it would have a good turnaround... but then the board fell apart! :shock: :? :( Still, £750 is good spending money and enjoy it, Rose! It's also nice of the banker to offer an extra £400! ;)

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Chris_M wrote:
James1978 wrote:
How did the likes of Nick, Trevor, Fadil, Dave E, Sally, Connell etc pay the bar bill? :)

Well in that social situation they would not be expected to buy a drink.

It is the fact that they have just won a LOT of money and wish to celebrate. Unlike some people here who don't drink and wish to put down everyone else who does by referring to it as P*ssing it up the wall, it is a NORMAL social interaction that has been going on for YEARS. Anyone not doing it would be the abnormal one.

Big win, you buy yours friends/colleagues/associates a drink to celebrate.

Sorry, but I REALLY can't stand it when stingy cheapskates who don't act in a normal way try to make out that THEY are correct and every other NORMAL person on the planet is p*ssing it up the wall.

Mind you, people like that don't normally go out as if they did, they would know how to conduct themselves in a decent manner. And if they did find them self in such a social situation and behaved in that incorrect way, they would get the message VERY quickly.

What an indecent way to behave.

:x How DARE you make those assumptions, and say I'm abnormal just because I'm not a big p!sshead, and would rather spend my money on something worthwhile. I don't expect anybody to buy me drinks when I go out, and if they do then I always buy them one back. But I find it highly selfish of people to expect you to spend 100s of pounds on drink in one session just because they live for the booze and do it every night of the week.

tr4962

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:31 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

if you win a lot (over £5,000) i think buying everyone a drink is Ok. but less i dont think its fair. yes i agree with smooth criminal it probably would be better if everyone bought their own drinks as some will drink more than others.
Noel constantly going on about courage is getting annoying. thats ultimately what pushes people on into a bad board like Rose. its a shame she didnt take it(and prove Noel wrong).

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]